freshii

freshii Employee Reviews for Team Member

The branch I worked at had old kitchen equipment that would often break or even be dangerous for the staff, and management would not change it. Apart from that, the team is fun to work with, there aren't really rules about phone use, just don't be on your phone while helping a client. The food is good and healthy, the management can be cheap, especially when it comes to replacing items in the kitchen. Be prepared to lift boxes or climb in the fridge to reach something and you'll most probably get burned or cut yourself at some point in your training but it's part of the experience of working in a kitchen.
Pros
Free healthy food after 6 months of working
Cons
Old kitchen equipment
Overall, wasn't too bad of a job. When a new store opens, they bring in a trainer from corporate, and everybody got free food for a week. The job is straight-forward and not hard to learn. Should be fine with the right management. After a few months of working there, I received a raise. Very fun with coworkers you like, but gets super stressful if there's a rush. On your feet for a long time, pre-closer shift sucks.
Pros
50% discount on meals
Cons
No benefits
there was always a huge rush and long line, sutlers would come in at close when the food was put away and we still had to take their order, late nights
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
It was great team at freshii georgia, I miss that working place. The location was near to sea shore, amazing customers to interact. I will definitely recommend freshii as workplace.
Great place to work for teens. Not a lot of job growth capable there.
In the winter months, there are lower numbers of customers but it picks up pace when the weather starting getting warmer. the culture is wonderful and very warm. Mostly gravitated towards hard working, sophisticated women.
Amazing work environment and manager, very flexible schedule and opportunity to pick up or switch shifts with coworkers 10/10 would recommend for a job.
owners are inconsistent and unfair to their employees. force political opinions staff and favor young men. if you work there, stand up for yourself or they willl walk all over you
The coworker they are good but the owners and the manager they not concern to they employees no benefits and no salary increase. They cut the hours if the business is not busy.
I would avoid this place as much as possible. There are very few positive things to say about this place. The management treats their staff very poorly. They will say you are hired for a full-time position and you will work 25-30 hours if you are lucky. The supervisors get 30-40 hours. They will say that winter is a slow time and it will pick up in the summer, but they hire extra part-time staff so the hours barely change. Management is extremely micromanaging and they watch their staff on camera, without notifying staff in orientation. Usually only the supervisors know that there are cameras. Breaks will most times be interrupted by the supervisor telling you something that was missed in your opening duties and even by management too. This is a violation of the Ontario Labour Board Laws. Most of those things could be discussed after the unpaid 30 minute break is finished. During your break you are only allowed to sit at the tables without a plug to charge your phone and if you do sit at the tables to plug your phone in the supervisor will tell you to move due to Freshii policy even if there are no customers in the store. They also do not want you to plug your phone in the back area. There is also insufficient space for belongings. Employees are also not allowed to use any gloves for garbage out front (has customers forks and bowls in it), which is very unsanitary. Both management and supervisors gossip about staff members. Many things seemed questionable with the Ontario Labour Board Laws or they go as close to the border of it as they can. The few positives about the workplace - more...
Poor management that gossips about employees, treats employees like trash, personally attacks their employees, and has blatant favoritism. We were extremely short staffed with the managers having no regard for employees personal life or well being. A few employees were working more than the managers. Management knew we were struggling but still refused to hire new staff. A new person would quit almost every week in just the third month. Management only cared about customer satisfaction and not employee satisfaction. They only cared about sales and reducing labor costs. The two managers would always have contradicting ways of doing things and are not on the same page at all. You would get in trouble for doing things the way the other manager told you to. Instead of officially firing people or informing people that they've been let go, the manager would just give the employee zero hours a week and ignore all their calls and messages. You make one mistake and management will never let it go, they will scream in your face and insult you. The managers were just looking for excuses to give people less hours or just completely cut them off and give them zero hours. Coworkers just talked behind each others backs and would sabotage you to get more opportunities.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Poor Management
Fun at first but when most of your staff is usually young students drama is bound to happen. I’m just there to clock in and clock out not be on reality television
I worked at the Ajax Location about a year and a half ago... It was one of the worst places I've ever worked at. The location had just recently opened up, so it was very nice and clean. Although the food was great and the location was convenient, it was such a bad experience for me. The atmosphere was just so toxic, and I felt management didn't trust their employees enough to let them do their job. I just always felt incompetent and uncomfortable, like if I were to make a mistake I'd literally be afraid to say anything because of the response and attitude I'd get from the managers. Management demanded so much from their employees and we were paid so little on top of the horrible hours. I was fortunate to be let go, I was better off without a job than to keep returning to one that affected my emotional and mental state. A couple of months after I was let go, I bumped into one of my co-workers and they shared how till that day the managers still spoke about me and mocked me. Once again, Thank God for getting me out of there.
Pros
food
Cons
Management, Location Owners, Pay, Hours, Work Environment, Work-Life Balance, Physically demanding, Micro-managing
Nice place overall, but almost no benefits. One discout per day in selected food items. Tips are ok, during summer it helps but the rest of the year is quite low. Considering the amount of work they give you, it is a good place to start learning if it is your first job, but once you get the hang of it I'll probably want to leave
Pros
Healthy food
Cons
Tough shifts and low discounts
The owner of our location actually had a warrant from his bank since he left to another country without paying his employees or the lease of the building.
The environment at Freshii was laid back and easy-going. The staff members were always supportive, understanding and helpful, as well as the managers. Communication among the team members and managers was very efficient.
Half the stuff there isn’t even fresh? Freezer vegetables. You can literally go to McDonald’s and get a McDouble meal for the same amount of calories in a meal at freshi.
Freshii was definitely a great first job. The owner was super friendly, and caring. He always put his staff and their well being first and was always there if you needed to talk or help with anything.
it’s really clear this company just gives these brands to anyone bc the people I worked for never had even a part time job in food service ever in their life & couldn’t even handle the stress and quickness of it and they would snap & get hostile and then irritated bc their was too many things going on. I just felt like I knew more & they didn’t enforce and rules or workflow, they just let others chill while toehr picked up for prep, cut & stock. Just poorly lu managed and dynamic of place was not run smoothly.
I enjoyed working there, though for a short period. The team is very supportive and accommodative, the owners are nice and kind, and customers are usually really great too. There's also 50% employee discount on meals. Overall I would recommend if you're looking for a part time gig!
A typical day at work is mostly preparing before opening, there is a list and portion of what needs to be prepped. So many unsafe food practices. I was washing vegetables once and the manager told me to stop what I was doing because it wasn't needed. (fyi, not all vegetables we get come pre-washed) This location is such a toxic environment. The manager is so unprofessional, bringing her boyfriend and family members in for free lunches on a weekly basis. The manager, assistant manager and other team member is all family-related which I'm not even sure if that is allowed. Certain team members have been caught in the back using weed when on the clock and when it was brought to the manager's attention, she did nothing. We had a list of daily duties everybody is assigned to, and she assigned everyone but her family members to do all the dirty work of the store. Cleanup was one of the aspects, especially during close. The sinks would be overflowing as people don't clean throughout the day and it is just left for the closing crew. The manager don't really take the time to properly train new hires, they rush through everything and expect you to know everything on the second day. They berate you if you make mistakes when you're in the line of food. Only good part of this job was the free meal for every shift but considering the food isn't up to standards, I didn't trust eating much here. Hours were alright, weekends I would get open-close hours which is nice when I needed money but it was very tiring.