freshii

freshii Employee Reviews for Food Preparation Worker

Food Preparation Worker9 reviews
Canada9 reviews
Freshii was a very good experience for a newly employed student like myself. Allowing for part-time work, paying fair wage, and providing learning experiences.
Everyday brought new challenges and taught me to expect the unexpected with customers. Working with handling food taught me the importance of managing food.
they asked for too many hours at the time. I was in school and my manager made me stay until 11 on school nights, I would miss my ride home so I had to walk alone in the dark
Cons
no free lunch
Amongst the various health hazards and questionable food safety.
The management had to be the worst, the training is 5mins of showing you where everything is and then being left to your own.

Management is rude and unhelpful. She doesn't correct you and show you how it should be done, she just simply tells you you're not doing it right and says she'll do it. She promises full time, but only gives you one shift, or sends you Home/cancels the shift.

She leaves early, leaving the store without management. She speaks poorly of employees to other employees. Has inappropriate conversations in the workplace. Does not handle confrontation or critism. Takes her frustrations out on staff.

Cuts corners when prepping food/doesn't follow recipes.

Don't try to discuss serious matters. She'll fire you.

I've had a few bad jobs.. But this had to be the worst and I wasn't even there for very long.
Pros
Free food, other staff is nice
Cons
Everything else
It was a great place to work, I had very friendly coworkers all the time. The management was the only issue, I was starting at one of the newest locations so everyone was new too and there was no actual manager. A bit all over. I asume by now it would be great, that was just my experience.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Loved my coworkers not so much my manager. Food was good and fresh and we did a good job at managing the restaurant and keeping it up to high standards.
You get trained in one day or two, and you learn easily. Management is nice. Hours may or may not be flexible. Benefits are a plus and customers are really nice too.
Benefits
Cons
Standing for most of the shift
friendly co-workers. mainly female staff. has medical and dental benefits after a year of working full time. Very straight forward with instructions and "cheat sheets".
Pros
All co-workers are very friendly
Cons
The Manager at suterbrook doesn't listen to employee suggestions.
My location was new and the mangement had no idea what they were doing, even after a week training the workers were still confused, shelf life system was a mess, long hours, messy pay schedule etc