freshii
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

freshii Employee Reviews for Cook

Freshii is a great place to work. Freshii was my first job and I learned a lot of skills that I can take to any other job. The team is very understanding and excepting of everyone. The pay is good and on top of that you also get tips. I loved this job.
Pros
Pay and tips/ friendly environment/ understanding staff
Cons
A lot is expected from you
I loved the people/ management and the owners of the Freshii location I was working at. Everyone was so passionate about the job and enjoyed what we were doing. I would recommend it to anyone
I love working at freshii as it has taught me new things throughout my experience. We have a really good management team but we don't have the robot coupe at the place where I'm working now ( FUN FACT- we work better than man-made device). I have really good customer service and I'm good in taking care of dishes.
I have worked for 8-10 companies. Some of them I had a bad experience with, and some I had to leave for personal reasons. This one was so uniquely stressful. Every single day I went to job, I felt like I was in prison. Pros: - Enjoy the work while it's slow Cons: - Just chaotic when busy - You can't learn from mistakes here cuz you are not supposed to make any or face the insult - Learn everything on the first time. No second chance or you get scolded like a child. You can't anything again - You get the min wage no matter how qualified you are - No lunch-breaks cuz you are working those hours I don't know about others, but I can't thank enough God for leaving this job.
Depending on the location, I typically had either a six-eight hour shift at Bay and Wellesley or a ten hour shift at Michael Garron Hospital. The manager was juggling a lot, so it was often a tense and stressful atmosphere. For the most part, my co-workers were very kind and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was lunch rush, in which the lineup usually exceeded the doorway. With dozens upon dozens of orders, some customers became anxious or upset that their food was not prepared quickly enough. The best part of working at Freshii was learning new and healthy recipes, as well as gaining a strong idea of what it means to manage my time.
Pros
Discounted Meals
Cons
Stressful Environment
The manager at this location was Garbage. She took advantage me for 2 months. Other other people had the same issue. By the end of the third month I was terminated for no reason
Unprofessional and unqualified employees. Management is lacking experience. Scheduled days off were not given. Poor treatment of employees. Good message about eating healthy
It was a summer job to earn money for university. Typical day involves cooking and preparing food. Cleaning up and taking orders from customers and closing the establishment. I learned techniques all about food preparation and sanitation. Hardest part of the job would definitely be on your feet for 8 hours a day, moving and lifting things. Most enjoyable part was making a meal that was so good that you wanted to eat it.
Pros
50% off all meals purchased, healthy food
Cons
Long periods of nothing to do. IE: Before lunch, between Lunch and Dinner
Its is a small work environment, making it a great opportunity to make connection with co-worker and managers. What made work even more interesting was the customers that came regularly and requested me to take their order.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lunch hours were hectic
They have a good premise. Healthy food, fast and fresh. The problem is that it's always disorganized. Prep is always late and we always run out of something or other during lunch rush. Management doesn't quite know what they're doing and there's a high turnover rate. They also don't help out much during the lunch rush and always blame the rest of the employees when mistakes are made. Colleagues are nice, as are the customers. The food is really good too. Hardest part of the job is dealing with lazy mangers that don't take responsibility for their actions. Best part: really fun having regulars come in and stop by for a chat, making their day a bit better with a nice meal.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Poor Management
Freshii is a good place to work and with great food! It's fun and I was close with all of my co workers which made it even better! Freshii is a good place to work. At my location, we didn't receive any of the tips that we made. but over all its a good place to work
Pros
Free food
Cons
didn't receive any tips