freshii Employee Reviews

Fun and easy place to work
lead closer and team member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2019
Freshii I am inviting and fun environment that I greatly have enjoyed being a part of. All the staff are kind, and management is very flexible toward school related issues and time off requests.
Pros
nice staff, good discount
Cons
schedule was always very late to come out
only thing wrong is management
Food handler/Team member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 February 2019
Very understaffed, management would fill in and mostly just get in the way. they would only take cash while a normal employee handles many tasks in one day ( making food, cleaning, restocking, food prep, etc.) Employees were constantly getting too many tasks thrown at them because their wasnt enough people to get everything done. other than management i thought it was a great job.
Pros
discounts, good hours, fun employees
Cons
management, understaffed
Great place to manage and work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 February 2019
Working at Freshii was an amazing experience from the skills I learned to the people I worked with. maintaining the store as a team was a job I loved and was sad to leave.
Pros
Free lunch, great co-workers
Cons
No opportunity for benefits
Fun work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 February 2019
Working at Freshii has been a great consistent job. I get to manage a team of 4 to 6 staff members, assigning tasks and duties throughout the day. Freshii always serves the highest quality of food, something I look for in a restaurant.
Average
Line/Prep Cook and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Working for Freshii wasn't the greatest experience due to the fact that the hours that were promised weren't given. Also the management staff was disorganized to the extent that there was so much that needed to be done that they did not have the support to get things done in a manner that made things workable for the employees. There was a clique atmosphere among the staff, as if, you didn't share the same background as them, then you were ostracized from certain areas of the restaurant.

Oh, the White Squirrel has great snacks and hot chocolate!
Pros
worked early in the morning so i had my afternoons free
Cons
Not enough hours
Great team, great food, & very flexible!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2019
I enjoy working at freshii, they're very welcoming and hours are quite flexible due to it being run independently. additionally, the staff member are all quite kind and nice to work with.
Pros
Good food
Cons
expensive despite discount
Alright job, good place to learn new skills then move on.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2019
Started very part time and grew to an Assistant manager role in just over a year. Old manager was amazing, super supportive and approachable, however the owner of my specific location is clueless.

Poor pay, shift managers only make $13/hour while supervisors get $12 and everyone else is at $11.50 with very low chances of raises unless minimum wage goes up.

The company claims to be all about fresh healthy food, however is slowly turning a lot of products and ingredients into prepackaged and/or processed goods.

My daily customers are the best, and over my time there I have built strong relationships with most of them. Like any job theres difficult and mean guests but the good ones make it worth it.

My location is quite busy however many other locations are very quiet and struggle to find hours to give their staff so be wary of this if looking for a job here.

Owner at my location will pay employees out of his other location to avoid paying them overtime for hours worked, be warned and prepared to fight for your rights if needed.
Pros
50% off food, great customers, learn new skills
Cons
Poor pay, company isn’t as fresh as you’d beleive, horrible franchise owners.
Best place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 January 2019
Working at Freshii has been an most awesome journey so far. Everyday some new things to learn be at cash or on during the Prep Very supportive and friendly staff and managers.
Practice what you preach
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2019
I am shocked to learn that despite all that Freshii claims to stand for and believe in is a lie. From what I have experienced the mission statement is a joke and so is the belief that all employees with be treated equally and ethically.
Pros
50% staff meals
Cons
Unsafe food practices, unethical treatment of employees, hostile environment, high expectations for minimum wage, management are unapproachable, not even given pay stubs or proper break times.
Shift Supervisor
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 January 2019
Friendly working environment
Fantastic hours which provides a work and life balance
Good food at a discounted price
Management is friendly
Job expectations are obtainable
Pros
Excellent Hours
Cons
Bad Pay Hourly
Grande prairie location- great place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 January 2019
Previously having worked here I can say the staff, managers and owners are AMAZING! So accomodating with the schedule. Training is consistant, staff are so nice and plesent! One thing is that there is no health or dental benefits available for staff...

Otherwise, free food for employees, good people, lovely customers. Overall 9/10 for woking at Freshii!
Pros
Free Food, Friendly staff!
Cons
No health benefits, low pay
Working at Freshii
Cashier/Trainer/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2019
The only great thing about working for Freshii was the employees and old management
New management is unbelievable immature.
Very cheap people.
They literally bring out the worst in you.
The just suck
Pros
Co workers
Cons
New management
Overall good place
Food prep. /cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2019
It was a great place to work, I had very friendly coworkers all the time. The management was the only issue, I was starting at one of the newest locations so everyone was new too and there was no actual manager. A bit all over. I asume by now it would be great, that was just my experience.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Relaxed job, but not much room for advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2018
A typical day at work would consist of food prep, cleaning, stocking, taking orders including catering. Usually working alone, most of the store responsibilities would be left with you. However, sometimes there will be 2 other people working with you just during the busy hours.
Pros
Manageable
Cons
Usually working alone, or understaffed
great for a first job to gain experience.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC18 December 2018
I enjoyed working at Freshii because I learned about handling cash, debit/credit and using the till. I also gained experience regarding opening and closing procedures.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
nobody to cover shift in an emergency
healthy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON15 December 2018
for a newer store freshii and an amazing place to work at. it provides a ton of knowledge to the employees and customers and they are willing to take the time to explain their products
Lots of room for growth
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
Great company to work for. Leadership is very accessible and always willing to listen and talk. The company is very millennial and has a casual workspace and culture. Everyone is always busy and works hard.
Pros
Free lunches. Room for growth.
Bad Windsor Location
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 November 2018
Managers with no experience but lots of attitude. Don’t have enough staff on during lunch rush to keep up with the customers and orders. Owner really doesn’t care about checking in the place, just comes in when head office is coming. Enjoyed the employees but was terminated without any reason why after being praised for work I had been doing.
Pros
Honestly there isn’t any
Cons
Bad hours, under staffed, poor management
I enjoyed working at freshii and a great work environment
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2018
The one thing I have learned working at freshii is be kind to each other speed of service and be on time never late and have a Clean uniform and be honest and become a part of our freshii team
Productive place for work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
Great friendly environment. properly manged and give great chance to increase experience in customer services. the most important thing is freshly prepared food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at freshii. Our community is ready to answer.