freshii

freshii Employee Reviews

Canada201 reviews
Most enjoyable part is to open the store and manage perfectly
Good experience under good management and friendly environment. Learned unbiased customer service and how to respectfully serve customers by addressing them with their names
Favourite Job I've Ever Had
Amazing place to work at, they take care of their employees, and there's always something to do! You'll never be bored working here and you'll very easily make friends. Genuinely just a fun and rewarding place to work and you also get 50% off amazing food which is awesome. I'd love to work here again
Working at Freshii is overall fun but the salary and management need some improvements.
A typical shift is quite fastpaced but still manages to be relaxed. The staff is often fun to work with and you are able to have a good time. The food preperation is a lot of work because everything is made in house and is fresh. My location had a few management issues which caused some difficulty working. Overall working here was pretty good and the years i spent here were fun.
Bad communication between management and employees & Unfair pay.
I was doing manager work for minimum wage and zero gratitude. Cash sheets for banks, deliveries, training new employees, etc. Also managers had trouble enforcing rules because they were rarely in store.
Fun work environment
Always new things to learn because recipes are always changing. Workplace culture is inclusive and welcoming. You can learn a lot about different recipes and diets as well.
Amazing
Amazing work environment and manager, very flexible schedule and opportunity to pick up or switch shifts with coworkers 10/10 would recommend for a job.
Stressful at times depends upon the owners
Depends on the owner of the location where you are employed at..try to avoid cash shortages some owners take it from your tips! They like to blame staff members for slow sales and accusing them of theft (food items)
fun, fast paces work environement
Could either be very fast-paced or slow-paced, depending on the day. Great employees, management could be improved. Often short-staffed and not managed well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at freshii?
freshii was fun but staff was very rude
Freshii was good but staff very rude and did not train well. It was good working there but they were not very understanding when you asked questions. Overall it was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rude staff
Fast-paced environment
During the lunch and dinner rush, it got hectic but once you know your station then the work becomes easy. The work environment is good and friendly staff who are helpful and make the prep time go by faster. I learned customer service and organizational skills.
not great. bad owners
owners are inconsistent and unfair to their employees. force political opinions staff and favor young men. if you work there, stand up for yourself or they willl walk all over you
No good company
The coworker they are good but the owners and the manager they not concern to they employees no benefits and no salary increase. They cut the hours if the business is not busy.
High turnover rate, toxic, unsafe, unprofessional & negative work environment
I would avoid this place as much as possible. There are very few positive things to say about this place. The management treats their staff very poorly. They will say you are hired for a full-time position and you will work 25-30 hours if you are lucky. The supervisors get 30-40 hours. They will say that winter is a slow time and it will pick up in the summer, but they hire extra part-time staff so the hours barely change. Management is extremely micromanaging and they watch their staff on camera, without notifying staff in orientation. Usually only the supervisors know that there are cameras. Breaks will most times be interrupted by the supervisor telling you something that was missed in your opening duties and even by management too. This is a violation of the Ontario Labour Board Laws. Most of those things could be discussed after the unpaid 30 minute break is finished. During your break you are only allowed to sit at the tables without a plug to charge your phone and if you do sit at the tables to plug your phone in the supervisor will tell you to move due to Freshii policy even if there are no customers in the store. They also do not want you to plug your phone in the back area. There is also insufficient space for belongings. Employees are also not allowed to use any gloves for garbage out front (has customers forks and bowls in it), which is very unsanitary. Both management and supervisors gossip about staff members. Many things seemed questionable with the Ontario Labour Board Laws or they go as close to the border of it as they can. The few positives about the workplace - more...
Great first job
While this wasn’t my first job it is a great launch pad for anyone looking to join the work force! You will learn how to work in a team as well as basic kitchen skills.
Would Not Recommend
Poor management that gossips about employees, treats employees like trash, personally attacks their employees, and has blatant favoritism.

We were extremely short staffed with the managers having no regard for employees personal life or well being. A few employees were working more than the managers. Management knew we were struggling but still refused to hire new staff. A new person would quit almost every week in just the third month. Management only cared about customer satisfaction and not employee satisfaction. They only cared about sales and reducing labor costs.

The two managers would always have contradicting ways of doing things and are not on the same page at all. You would get in trouble for doing things the way the other manager told you to.

Instead of officially firing people or informing people that they've been let go, the manager would just give the employee zero hours a week and ignore all their calls and messages. You make one mistake and management will never let it go, they will scream in your face and insult you. The managers were just looking for excuses to give people less hours or just completely cut them off and give them zero hours.

Coworkers just talked behind each others backs and would sabotage you to get more opportunities.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Poor Management
productive and a good place to start to learn about the general facts.
freshii is a good fast food restaurant that helps to stay fit and healthy while having the taste and flavor in the meals. I really liked working here because food industry is one of the best way to learn customer service because the stress of handling customers starts from here.
Not a place for a guy like me
I just don't like the atmosphere there... I feel like I'm not supposed to be there or whatever, Restaurants aren't for me because it's kinda stressing when you're alone doing many taks..
Growing organization with great franchise opportunities
As a franchise owner I am pleased with the organization's performance relative to peers, and I feel that the experience of franchise ownership with Freshii has been a positive one.
Keeping Up with Freshii
Fun at first but when most of your staff is usually young students drama is bound to happen. I’m just there to clock in and clock out not be on reality television
Healthy and unifying workplace
It was a very motivational place to start working, the manager and the other staff was very supportive and always ready to help. I would recommend this job to anyone who s willing to live a healthy life because they believe in being healthy.
Ajax Location
I worked at the Ajax Location about a year and a half ago... It was one of the worst places I've ever worked at. The location had just recently opened up, so it was very nice and clean. Although the food was great and the location was convenient, it was such a bad experience for me. The atmosphere was just so toxic, and I felt management didn't trust their employees enough to let them do their job.
I just always felt incompetent and uncomfortable, like if I were to make a mistake I'd literally be afraid to say anything because of the response and attitude I'd get from the managers.

Management demanded so much from their employees and we were paid so little on top of the horrible hours. I was fortunate to be let go, I was better off without a job than to keep returning to one that affected my emotional and mental state.

A couple of months after I was let go, I bumped into one of my co-workers and they shared how till that day the managers still spoke about me and mocked me. Once again, Thank God for getting me out of there.
Pros
food
Cons
Management, Location Owners, Pay, Hours, Work Environment, Work-Life Balance, Physically demanding, Micro-managing