freshii

Working at freshii: Latest freshii Reviews

Canada261 reviews

foodhealthymealdiscountpreprushlocationstore

Horrible

Management is horrible no wonder people don’t stay long. The customer complain about everything. The team members cool. It is a chill place to work at when the manger isn’t there

Manager is a good person but sucks at listening to everyone

I hated working here towards the end of my time here. I was not given more then two days a week when I wanted more hours. I felt like the manager wasn't giving me a good reason to stay working here

Insights into freshii

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Was a decent job

Freshii was my first retail/fast-food job. It was pretty chill, although when I first started the supervisors were a bit mean, and would talk to each other in their own language---leaving me out and maybe(?) taking about me as it was my first few weeks.coworkers were cool, the hours were horrible --- barely anything .

Love the environment

I absolutely love the owners of my restaurant, they understand the fact that we also have a life outside of freshii and are always there to help when we needed help. If ever we needed time off work they were always very understanding. The job itself is very fun also, I only do openings which means I am alone for most of the time and I get to prepare the food on my own, which I found really fun! Definitely an amazing job and I’d definitely recommend it as a first job! Since the team is small we are quite tight-knit and we are there whenever anyone needs help!I think this job also helps you gain time management skills since you do work alone at times and have to make sure you plan forward and manage your time to make sure you finish everything that needs to be done!

alright place to start

First job ever worked, it seems to be normal across the fast food industry to have bad management but other than that it’s pretty relaxed. I would avoid working in the fast food industry all together, my location really focused on cleanliness which is great but other locations not so much.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working at freshii, good people and good vibes.I wish we had more benefits but apart from that it was a good place to work at. I would recommend working there.

if you are a conservative teenage boy who can kiss butt - this is the job for you. if you aren't - run!

the job itself was not difficult. especially when you start, it is just food prep and assembly. pretty easy. but unfortunately, the management at this location is basically the worst!! the other reviews are so correct in saying that they play favourites. they without a doubt do. usually teenage men who happen to agree with the owner because they don't know any better. look - if you need a job and are okay pandering to someone you don't really like - this job is okay. you will be treated okay enough to tolerate the work. they are very micro-managey so keep that in mind. however once you kinda get an idea about how they think it is very easy to predict what they will not like and change your behaviour accordingly. but honestly, it is kinda exhausting and overall i think that if you can't do that, and you don't already fit into the mold of what they like - not worth it. miss the people there though! #teambroccoli.

Awful management. Really unfair and nitpicky.

At first it was a very good work environment, but there was a change in management and everything went downhill after. This is specific to my store, but they fired the entire staff and gave the manager and a friend of his all the existing shifts. I'm one of the two people that used to work with the old management.They don't fire people, they just stop scheduling them altogether and never tell them they're fired. It's truly awful and toxic.The company itself isn't bad other than trying to replace cashiers with robots lol

Decent place to work

If you want a decent job in the food industry, freshii would be a good place to go. Although it’s only minimum wage, generally the tips are pretty good. I had a good experience with coworkers at my store specifically, not sure about other places.

Pros

50% discount, discounts for friends and family, good tips

Cons

On your feet all day, no moments of rest outside of break

Fine for student....

minimum wage hard for such busy environment, all owners of locations run very differently. maybe other locations better than mine but super unorganized and not appreciated

Cool workplace, fast paced environment

Upon entering Freshii, I had little expectation. It had popped up a few times during restaurant research for my travels, but nothing had caught my attention that flagged it as a must-eat-at spot. But on this visit to Toronto after a workout

Pros

50% off

Balanced

Sometimes stressful but overall well balance lifestyle. Busy during summer good weather. Slow during cold seasonAlot of student staff thus mire turn over because of school. Smaller locations are hit or miss depending how busy they are.

Pros

Holidays off

Cons

High turn over

Fun workplace

1. Menu- great, healthy, presentable, pallatable, fair price per meal, custom menu, guaranteed fresh food2. Environment- Friendly, clean, relaxing ambiance, wifi available, picture perfect place3. Co-workers- kind, professional, helpful4. Management- nice supervisors

Pros

Free lunches, bonus

Cons

Short staff

I like to work at the restaurant and get to know how to deal with customers.

If talking about Management. Worst Management I had ever seen in my life. They are really partial with their employees. You'll never get anything what you asked for. You'll never get response within time. I'll quit really soon.

Could be nice but got tired of the cons fast

you were expected to do everything (prep basically all of ingredients and dressings, clean and wash dishes, constantly restock) while it would get increasingly busy (instore orders, app orders, uber/skip etc) and we were always understaffed (2 people working most of the time). and then you were expected to close on time (1 hour after the store is closed) even when orders would pour into closed hours due to it being so busy beforehand.

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

tedious and long closing, underpaid for my work

Nice place to work

It was my first job in Canada and I enjoyed working there. Management was very encouraging and cooperative. I learned a lot and gained good experience. The best thing working there was the management who will be there with you always.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

working at Freshii was very fun and enjoyable. I met few people there and learned a lot from them.

Typical day at work would be coming to work and start prepping food items and whenever a customer comes in to the store. You would have to go and serve the customer on whatever order they want.

not bad!

lots to be learned at this job, if you’re willing and ready to work, this job is optimal for you. Very fast paced but once you get the hang of things it’s a piece of cake. Management at my location was absolutely lovely. If I could work here again I 100% would.

Pros

Paid break, management

Cons

only downside is the owners

Small, fast paced work place

Freshii is a great place to work. Hours and scheduling is very flexible. It can be hard work, but the people who work here are fun. Management is pretty good, as long as you are a good worker.

Pros

Flexible scheduling Fun people

Cons

Hard work

ok

There were times i had it great, and other times i would work my self off considering I was only part time and doing more than the full time crew. there’s so much they expected from us even tho we were only teenagers at the time

Pros

discounts

Cons

higher expectations

Each freshii store is different but mine was not the best.

Managers have a big lead on everything in the stores and my manager wasn’t exactly the most organized or prepared. They slack and don’t care about their company.- Multiples weeks without pay- no set date paycheques - schedules were always messy and never direct- lots of miss communication - Manager slacking alot

Pros

- discounted/free food - nice environment - good food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at freshii. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement