FreshCo
Here to help
Coronavirus update

FreshCo Employee Reviews

Canada500 reviews
It's a good place to start and learn about retail industry. One learn many good things from Freshco as a beginner. Fast paced easy to learn and friendly environment.
Pros
Adaptable environment for experience
Cons
Stressful at times
This company is very hard to work for ,the owner is very abusive to who works there. The owner would yell at you ,cut hours when their are there .I would not go back.
Pros
just a pay check
Cons
too much to put .
The managers were the worst they follow you around like your about to steal stuff from them. The workers are all young which could be a good thing if they put some more training into them you don’t even get any discounts.
For work that entails lifting up to 50 lbs a short demonstration of lifting skill should be expected of applicants. Also basic communication skills 9.
Pros
Geat team environment.
Cons
Limitted opportunity for advancement. Salary.
worked on cash, so many rude people there. was so slow during points and got so busy during points. never steady and all the workers hated it so it made me hate it
Pros
easy work
Cons
not paid enough
Horrible job environment and management. Horrible salary and no raises or opportunities to grow or move up. No benefits what so ever. Lots of racism and bad language. I would never work at a fresh again and neither would i suggest to a friend to work at a freshco. Horrible
Cons
Everyday was different and there were always new things to learn.
The staff, management, and customers were fun to work with.

There was much trust among everyone working there and people took their duties seriously.

There is a great of balance between stress and little stress.
Management is great and the team is made up of awesome people who for the most part are very friendly and kind and accepting. Pay is okay, not always enough shifts given.
I worked only as a cashier and processed cash, credit, debit card transactions, dealt with price matching and coupons. Maintaining a clean and orderly cash area. While also being happy to help customers find what they were looking for in the store and bagging items after their purchases.
Freshco is a fun environment to work. The co-workers at the store are so funny and friendly too. The manager also helps us to prepare for the job and very helpful.
FreshCo was the first place I've ever worked at. The environment is very relaxed and all the employees were extremely friendly and accepting. They helped me every step of the way.
I was offered a job at FreshCo to work in the Meat Aisle, much of which included merchandising related tasks and facing, aswell as applying stickers for prices and had I worked more, I would've also been filling lists and working in a back area.

Unfortunately, I was only given one four-hour shift, and at the end I was told when my next shift would be. This shift was in November 2014. Fast forward to April 2015, and I still hadn't been given another shift again despite repeated calling asking when my next shift would be. Eventually after getting a new job, I decided to just resign from that point.

I could never experience the job properly, so I couldn't recommend this.
Good place to start your courier. Helpful staff and encouraging environment. Proper work is explained in the beginning. Different departments deal with different products.
FreshCo is a stable job and as long as you're doing your work you will be fine. In saying that the work required from you is quite easy and isn't taxing at all.
I loved to work with all my stocking staff they were nice i miss working with them again i got to stock the shelves, i got to do carts and i got to do returns
Management is prejudice and racist against good workers. Owner becomes so shallow to the point that he hired lots of Colored workers after being accused of being racist after firing all of the black employees.
Since this is a grocery store, employees will always have difficult customers to deal with and tasks that seem to be more than what you are being paid for. However, you will work with people that you will never forget and you will come into work dealing with stressful situations with people whom you have a good and supportive relationship with.
its a very nice place to work managers were nice and understanding and lots of fun to work. Very relaxed and laid back you get a lot of free food also which is a big plus
it was aight, the manager didn't like our suggetions and just ignored what we had to say. We could speak to her but she just took it through one ear and left it throughout the other.
Pros
friendly workers, easy job
Cons
the manager was just rude.
i enjoyed my time there it was close to home and easy to learn all plu codes
great staff and fun co workers and always helpful if needed to assist me
It’s okay guess I could get more money but it’s fine but they oils pay you not and give more hours but it’s cool spot to work all employees are super nice