FreshCo Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers, Okay Management, Horrible Customers
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2019
Overall, it was a great starting job.
Coworkers were amazing and management did it's job.
Customers were hard to deal with and the cashier position in general was very mindless.
Good for easy minimum wage money.
Pros
Could hold items you wanted to purchase
Cons
No worker discounts
Good social job with room for advancement if dedicated
Grocery department manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 April 2019
Good social environment with steady room for increase for dedication and hard work. Some good benefits and pension offered. Salary and bonus dependent on individual franchisee. No overtime, lots of unpleasant customer service directed upon yourself. Work a variety of days, evening, weekends, holidays. Great job option for hard working student... Becoming less attractive as a career with competitive jobs markets.
Friendly staff but no hours/advancement
Cashier/Cash office supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON2 April 2019
Worked here for over a year and still only get 1 shift a week. Nonunionized and no benefits or hours. Good for students or older adults who are not looking to work a lot.
Pros
Friendly staff, good owner
Cons
No hours, no benefits, no advancement
Good hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2019
Really good hours. great work life balance and employees are treated properly. enjoyed working and would definitely recommend. great work ethic and great staff.
Example: Absolute mess with no care about anything. Laziness at its finest
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON26 March 2019
I need to get out of my job asap. I have been there 4+ years and with the managers not doing their jobs at all and the way people treat each other it's best to move on.
Pros
Close, Fulltime, Easy
Cons
No respect, you're harrassed by both managers and employees. No leaniance towards time off or sick days, and no care about people getting their jobs completed.
Alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON22 March 2019
There are some good people working there! I would never work there again. If life happens they are not willing to work with you in order to give enough hours for a person to survive!
Amazing place to work, great staff and a very fun job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 March 2019
Managers are great with working around personal schedules. It is a great job for someone who is busy because the hours are very flexible. The staff are all very welcoming and it is a great atmosphere.
Normal Grocery Store
Grocery Clerk of Frozen & Dairy department (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 March 2019
Has prevalent low prices for the average consumer. Staffed with friendly and approachable employees. Decent break room. Managers are very nice and understandable.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Nothing too special
Job work/Life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 March 2019
I'm interested to apply for a different job, to learn more knowledge and skills,and I'm willing to work and cooperate with my coworker especially the manager.
Pros
Rice/chicken
Cons
Part time
Very dirty
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2019
Manager is very messy/all over the place and does not make work a fun or even enjoyable experience. The store is very dirt and sketchy. Update and clean are needed.
A good first job
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2019
I'm grateful for my experience of working at FreshCo. It gave me a good insight and experience of customer service and working under direct pressure from the customers. Management was a bit unfair in giving way to some employees but not others. Did give fair scheduling and was very accommodating to days off. Overall, was a great experience as a first job and I am grateful for the connections and relationships I've built with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Good experience, friendships
Cons
Repetitive Job
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2019
● Dealt with customer complaints and dissatisfied customers
● Assisted in the grocery department with checking aisles to maintain organization of the store
● Routinely checked inventory and counted revenue for that day
● Responsible for making sure all the revenue added up to the sales for that day
fun place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2019
fun place work at always nice and friendly environment. the management team is nice ans friendly. great place to get a first job or make a career out of it.
Cashier
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 February 2019
A typical day at work is a 5-6 hour shift and staying on cash most of the time because of how busy the store gets. I am also new at this location so I do not have as many responsibilities.
Great place & great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON21 February 2019
I never had a bad shift at Freshco, the coworkers were amazing the shift well rotated and the pay was good.I only left due to furthering my education in costumer service.
Pros
People were amazing. Costumers and Coworkers
Cons
Later nights
Good working environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Managers are very fun to work with they allow for you to relax as long as the work gets completed. Coworkers are very friendly but find a way to perfectly balance between being professional and being loose. This balance allows for a more natural working environment.
Productive and a friendly workplace
meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 February 2019
co workers are really friendly.. all of them.. my manager is the best.. she tried her best to work with my hours during school days and my co workers help each other even if it means staying on the other department for 5 to 10 mins. its a great workplace
Pretty good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2019
It was somewhere to build character and learn to deal with people in a professional setting. Didn't treat me poorly and overall reminisce about times there as a teenager. Overall okay.
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 January 2019
This is a good place to work, staff is friendly interacting with the customers is always fun. it is a very fast paced environment most of the time. i would recommend this place.
Easy Going, Straight forward, Pleasant work environment
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2019
I had a good time volunteering here. The manager and co-workers were great. My time here was cut short due to personal reasons. the staff was very friendly and made my time here worthwhile.
Pros
great work enviornment