Freshco
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Freshco  Employee Reviews

Co-workers are awsome but management is unrealistic

My co-workers are awesome but management needs alot of work. one employee was banned by the store owner for quitting and they will change you hours with out warning they seem to expect robots over humans. iv even gotten in trouble for talking to my fellow co-workers.

Pros

Good co-workers

Do not work here

Extremely understaffed all of the time. You will not get any raises aside from the 5 cents per 3 months as per the union contact. Even if you’re a fantastic worker they’ll just take advantage of your hard work and will give u most of the responsibility with no pay raise. The store is so discount it can feel embarrassing working there.

Pros

Other employees are the only pro

Cons

Management, no coffee maker on break room, understaffed, little work gets done by part timers, underpaid

The work is good , co-workers are pleasant. Flexible part-time hours.

I would not recommend working at Freshco. Stressful work culture. Little room for advancement. General Manager/owner is difficult and bad tempered. My experience there is typical.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Toxic work culture

Terrible Place to Work

Avoid FreshCo altogether. Management cares only about money and not about employees. You'll be kicked to the curb. They hire young people who need jobs and give little hours, as well as being inconsiderate to schedules.

Understaffed

Under staffed and sobeys constantly cuts hours shorter for people who aren’t full time, making the work load for full timers increasingly stressful.No one is properly trained. A very much, learn on the spot job (which there is no reason whatsoever as to why it is that way)

Pros

Job security

Cons

Understaffed

Not to bad of people, dont yawn in the morning around the one maijor he will yell at you

Most of working there was pretty nice. Work hours were scattered but it's manageable. It was a very clean inviroment and most of the people were friendly. The customers were hard to deal with and could be your typical stuch up rude people. The one manijor was aloud to yell at me for no reason witch isn't right he should of been put threw proper training to avoid it. The owner tried to scare me into keeping my mouth quite about a co-worker touching my butt witch I was never ok with so I left.

Great coworkers but management could use some work

honestly it’s an amazing first job for any kid or student. they give you experience and don’t require any and it’s a safe and kind place to grow. the only issue is that sometimes management seems to care more about having robots than people working for them. i’ve had raises every 3 months and there hasn’t been many issues in the store since i’ve been there. overall smooth sailing and i’d rate it 8/10

Pros

Great Co-Workers

Cons

Unstable Hours

Terrible management.

Short staffed, overworked employees. Store owner has zero people skills. All departments have out of date or close dated product. When you offer suggestions, you're shot down.

Pros

The employees are absolutely wonderful.

Cons

Too much expected of one person. Zero appreciation.

Most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of working at freshco was the beginning. Everyone was so nice, we all worked as a team to get everything stocked on the shelves.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Slow hours

Productive, good manager, welcoming environment

Have worked there a few years now, my manager is great and very flexible with the schedule. It is a calming work environment depending on the days and is not a difficult job so anyone who is qualified will be able to do the jobs that are given to them

Productive and fun place to work

Fast alert energetic and happy. Learned produce codes had to memerizeMixed cultures are employed there . I learned a lot from the different culures and found this very interesting Had yo be very organized.

Pros

Easy to get to work

Cons

Not enough hours

New company in BC

FreshCo is truly one of the best places I have ever worked. The owner of the Kelowna store is here to serve the people of Kelowna. He is passionate about giving back to the community. He treats is team with respect, dignity and compassion. If you are looking for a career in retail FreshCo is the place to be. The opportunities are endless. Get in now and grow with a fantastic company.

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Uniform shirts provided, Training.

Cons

Occassional grumpy customer, pay but if you stick with it you will see increases approx every 3 months.

Was depressed every shift

Depending on which location you work for this can vary. I’ve worked in grocery retail for years, fresh co was by far the worst experience. Favouritism all around and inconsistencies in hours every week. Even as a cash office supervisor, no one took my role serious especially the younger high school kids. Lack of culture diversity as well. Management tried to be fair but never actually did anything about the drama and unfairness among the staff. I wouldn’t work back there if it was the last job on earth.

Pros

Small air miles discount

Cons

Everything else

It was ok

It's a good place to work if you're a student. I, however did not agree with the hours given as they expected me to work till 11pm and I had no means of a way home at night and they refused to work with me to fix it.Department managers and store owner are extreamly ignorant and full of themselves

Pros

Two breaks plus lunch

Cons

Ignorant managers, disorganized

Great for toddlers and the elderly

Worked in the boh and FOH. Seen a high turnover rate & resement towards management for overloading workers with a large amount of daily tasks due to co-workers calling in "sick", forgotten work shifts or just plain quiting.

Pros

None.

Cons

Below minimum wage after union dues, no benefits due to locked hours. Management is non existent.

Work

I enjoyed working there except (some of) the customers can be rude. Very nice co-workers, always joking around with each other. The produce codes can be difficult in the beginning but I found keeping a piece of paper with the codes helps a lot. Price matching is annoying to do when it’s busy. When it’s slow it is boring.

Pros

Nice people to work for

Cons

Customers

Very nice place to work at, everyone is really nice including management. If you are a cashier, remembering all the produce codes could take some time but everyone is very helpful.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Customers

Grocery clerk

Totally awesome management and staff easy to work with the job was easy to complete and enjoyable also the store is a clean safe place to work at night with many security doors

Pros

Work environment

Cons

No medical benefits

Some great workers, most management was horrible, wages are rarely above minimum wage.

At FreshCo you will rarely ever make above minimum wage as it is a Union job. Even management gets paid horribly. Good luck ever becoming Full Time let alone get a raise.Probably one of the most unprofessional jobs I've ever worked at.

Pros

Cheap groceries, nice staff.

Cons

Horrible wages, very unorganized.

Great part time work

Freshco was a good and stable part time job for me, I worked in the bakery department and my manager was amazing. I basically stocked the shelves, unloaded skids, scanned and threw out expired product and put away stuff into the freezer. Everyone was friendly and pleasant to work with, the store manager always says hi and good morning. I only left because I needed more hours and got another job.

Pros

Great work environment and coworkers

Cons

Garbage compactor made the back smell bad sometimes

Productive & fun place to work

The mangers are the best in my opinion. I love to work whenever I get chance. Always leaned a lot from the seniors and they manages the employees accordingly.

Pros

Enjoyable

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freshco . Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement