FreshWorks Studio

FreshWorks Studio Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Collaborative, exciting atmosphere with fairly fast advancement for those willing to put in the extra work
As a fairly new software development company, the salary and benefits are not quite competitive with other more established companies. However, FreshWorks is at a very exciting time in their growth, and those who are willing to put in the extra work are awarded with fairly steep pay grade increases and promotions.

- The hiring bar is high, and the culture is wonderful as a result of that.

- The management are committed and passionate about the company, its culture and making a positive impact in tech.

- The hardest part of the job is its fast-paced culture. Independent and self-motivated workers will do very well. Those who need hand-holding might not.
A fast-paced environment with infinite possibility for learning and growth
FreshWorks is unlike anywhere I've worked before in terms of the amount of trust and autonomy that newcomers are given in their role. While the "sink or swim" method of getting started in a new job isn't for everyone, first days and weeks at FreshWorks are the complete counter of the dreaded initial onboarding weeks that are talked about in larger stuffy corporations where days are filled with reviewing dated documentation and watching videos on company policies. By my second day, I had the freedom to make decisions around the structure of my role, had face to face time (hours really) with the COO, and felt in no way that I had to prove that I was qualified for the role that I was offered.

Though FreshWorks is now 3.5+ years old, there are aspects of the start-up culture that are still prevalent. There are challenges that HR & Leadership are working to iron out in terms of structure and unified processes across teams, but this also fosters a culture where even junior employees have a say in how best-practices and organizational decisions are made. Employee feedback is asked for, appreciated and actioned and there is a serious lack of bureaucratic hierarchy. The founders may still be figuring things out as they go, but they invite you to figure things out along the way with them which is something I feel fortunate to be a part of and an experience that I couldn't imagine getting in another company.

You'll succeed and be happy at FreshWorks if you're hungry to learn, intrinsically motivated, eager to contribute to a collaborative team and have a willingness to really own
Values Driven and Dedicated
The company is a very driven team who put a lot of focus on the values and principles of the company. There is a tight bond between team members and a great office culture across all departments. You get a chance to participate in impactful new projects and learn about plenty of new areas. There is a strong sense that everyone is working together to help each other across all positions.

Being a rapidly growing company means there is a lot of work to do and many people will have to take on a variety of responsibilities. A lot of hard work is needed to succeed in this kind of environment, but it results in a lot of new skills and bonds with fellow team members.
Pros
Fulfilling culture, interesting projects, office snacks, collaborative team
Cons
Occasional long hours, multiple responsibilities
Winning team, winning culture, and room to grow.
If you're great at what you do, they will work hard to make sure you have extraordinary opportunities. The company is still young and there is plenty of room to make your mark by bringing what you know and combining it with the experience from the other talented people there.

The work hours are flexible, and they are always accommodating for vacations or work from home requests. The kitchen stays well stocked with snacks and drinks, and they do well at maintaining the company culture through regular social activities.

They have a great career development program that will clearly lay out a path for skills and competencies to work on in order to move forward. More importantly they have a mentorship program that will set you up with someone to help you work on those skills and talk through any issues you're having.

Expectations for performance are high, but not unreasonable. They want your best work which can be hard to give at all times, everyone understands that. As a service company, your time is billable and therefore valuable so it gets treated that way.

The company is only 3 years old, which is really still very young for an organization with 60 people. Not every aspect of operations is refined which can make it seem hectic sometimes, but not more than you'll see at any other company. Things are still changing and the company is evolving. Since I've been here every change has been one for the better and the outlook is positive for that trend to continue.

You'll hear it over and again from everyone here - the most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
 - more...
Pros
Friendly, intelligent, and carefully selected coworkers
Cons
High performance expectations
Exciting, fun and supportive company culture. Beer on tap!
FreshWorks has a unique and strong company culture. They wear their values on their sleeve, and it really makes a difference in the overall vibe around the office. Mentors and leaders are supportive, enthusiastic and empowering - they want to see you learn and grow, and they do everything in their power to enable you to do so. There is endless opportunity in a company like FreshWorks, as the growth trajectory is tremendous and new projects are being brought in all the time.

Despite rapid growth, FreshWorks is still young and relatively small (~60 at the time of this review); therefore salaries and benefits are less competitive than you might find in companies with a longer track record.
Pros
Flexible work hours, supportive culture, beer on tap!
Cons
N/a
Innovative, exciting, challenging, and fun environment
Working at FreshWorks is exceptionally exciting. Currently ranked 3rd in Canada for App Development, everyone who works here is passionate and works tirelessly to keep up the FW standard of excellence. Not only that, but the young entrepreneurs who run the office believe in their employees, and provide them with great opportunities, as well as take risks on people fairly new to the tech industry who show drive and promise. In my first interview, the COO told me that here at FreshWorks, when it comes to your career "the sky is the limit", and he has been very true to that promise. I have met clients and had work experience that would have taken me years to achieve at other companies, and for that I am incredibly grateful. The management's attitude towards work is truly motivating, and has everyone working diligently for our growing company.

At FreshWorks there are always opportunities to stretch yourself, your position, and your career. Since being here I've not only gained a ton of business analyst experience (thanks to my degree in computer science), but I've also done a little app development, website design, social media, press release writing, and more! The managers take advantage of their employees' full skill set, and never limit anyone's potential.

FreshWorks also provides a work-hard, play-hard balance. With an amazing company culture, life is never dull or monotonous at FreshWorks. Tired of sitting at your desk? You can walk over to the fresh lounge, and relax in some bean bag chairs, or lounge on the couch. You could even go and get a quick massage in the company
 - more...
Pros
Great opportunities, resume building, experience, great company culture, fun, exciting, innovative, flexible
Cons
Lower-end salary
Excellent company to grow as a developer
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, coordinating with knowledgeable co-workers to build exciting new apps and being welcomed into a great and fun job culture.
Progressive and innovative, with fun atmosphere and challenging work to engage with!
FreshWorks is a growing company, well-known and respected within the community despite a comparatively short length of existence. The team is growing quickly for a non-product tech firm, from 3 to almost 30 in just a year (it's been around for 3 total). In my role, I am client facing. I spent a large portion of my time working with and for clients, helping them to learn about, strategize on, and implement technology in the application space. We do about 40% of our work with BC Gov, 30% with larger enterprise and 30% with startups. We work 60% mobile, 40% web, 100% awesome, and have a lot of fun doing it. The dev floor is very collaborative, there are opportunities for growth in your career, and the team is full of great people.
Pros
expanding, growing up (benefits, salary), opportunities for professional growth, fun environment
Cons
Na