Fresh Start Foods

Fresh Start Foods Pay & benefits reviews

I enjoy the day to day challenges, Hours are good and pay is about average. Benefits are good and RRSP's and Profit Sharing are a nice added bonus. When busy its great and day goes by quickly on slower days its a hard to find things to keep you busy. As a branch not much room for advancement unless willing to relocate. Drivers,warehouse,sale reps and office staff are all friendly and helpful with each other. Fresh Start does great events through out the year, like a summer BBQ and the annual staff holiday party around Christmas time which everyone who attends gets a small gift. Awards are giving for employee of the year, driver of the year, salesman of the year and awards for years of service with the company. Overall a great company to work for and I enjoy going to work each day.
Pros
talking to customers and hours.
Cons
communication and advancement
Don’t work there you get treated horrible and do a lot of work for horrible pay. They just care about the mangers and lead hands to get raises, you end up doing a lot of work and everyone thinks there a manager. A lot of stealing going there as well but no one cares as long as the work gets done .
There are many types of products to be learned throughout the workplace. I found it impossible to work with the antics of the unprofessional and immature management . A)Precut Production worker -Hard work area under cold pressures. -Long shifts that weren't prepared for. -Didn't bring enough food to last a 19 hour shift. -Better management would be an idea. -Great Experience, learn a lot bout the produce world and foodservices chain. - when it comes to production it has a really poor management I've been in this company almost 7 yrs did all the hard work to help the company make a profit ......you probably wondering why after all the years I've been in this company i didn't hesitate to let go for me? " I'd rather lose this job than losing reapect to my self" just a heads up to somebody wants to work in this company they're right this company stick on bullies and lots of wannabes .... -most hardest part of job was dealing with lazy people always in my space, very demanding job - B) Washrooms are always drity . Mangament are rude,uneducatied espically Team Supervisors and Leads are lazy and inmatare walk around -long hours Hard to plan when you work every weekend -Hours are not consistent, work every Sunday Management is poorly trained. Many superviors and Lead Hands do not know their jobs and should be replaced. Huge lack of communication between depts. Forced overtime and when it comes to calculating pay for OT hours accounting has no idea how their system works. FYI...Punch out a minute late and you will loose 30 min. pay. Don't believe - more...
Pros
Have to fill out a document form for BC Medical Services Assistance, ( there for 100% Free MSP from "employer"
Cheapest company on planet earth in every way possible but expect you to give 110% :) constantly defend yourself against a stop watch! along with never getting a raise its pretty sad company. Owell not my monkey, not my circus. There is no future here only smoke and mirrors. And your sister looking back you.employees low income, you cant afford your own place on fresh start carrot coins.
Pros
Slow season no work yay!!!
Cons
Christmas and newyears long hours
- Politics at workplace - Experienced/old employees giving hard time to newcomers - No proper shift timings - Insecurity for the job is a very big issue - Long hours with no definite break times
I really liked the managers and co workers. we had good break schedules and pizza sometimes at breaks. It is cold in the warehouse but if you dress properly it's no problem.
Pros
free lunches and regular breaks
Cons
cold and some heavy lifting
Great workplace in Alberta , has great management and culture. However, in BC Very poor work place as their rates for expectations are extremely high and employers are forcibly driving their employees to increase productivity. There is no typical day of work, If you're a man, they will give you very heavy 60-80kg items by hand to stow, women get lite duty tasks such as put labels on packages and very loud Punjabi music. If you have integrity, you will suffer working for this company. coworkers are manipulative and a lot of favoritism is there. this company rarely keeps a worker for more than a couple of weeks . Fresh Start Foods is a nice place to work if you like fast paced environment. Only backdrop they have is salary and lack of growth. they don't grow people from inside , some do if they are the department manager's favourite , your talent competency is not valued at if you are talented do not join, because your confidence will go down the drain
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Too many lazy people
I like the working environment as it is safe and people around are co-operative. In addition, working hours are suitable. As I have been working in warehouse so I have learned about how to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Tea breaks
Cons
I didn't felt any consequences while working there.
Lots of working hours for those who want them. Benefits and wages were decent. Managers treat people well. People can get promoted if they work hard.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Can be cold if you dont dress right.
This is a growing company and a busy lace to work. They treat people well and you domget regular breaks. It can be cold if you dont dress right and tney expect you to put in a good days work. They have managers whomhave advanced through the ranks so that is there to.
Pros
Great teamwork, good benefits and atmosphere. Growing company.
Cons
You do have to work hard here!
If you are sitting on your couch all day playing video games, stay there. This company has zero respect for it's employee's, the company expects you to work very hard for very little pay. When you get hired you will be expected to work 6 days a week, you will get a day off, like never, also you are expected to lift very heavy boxes by yourself, which they will tell you 50lbs at the interview, more like 100lbs, upwards of 150-200lbs out of a truck. The thing I hated the most is if you drop any produce, or becomes damaged at all, it will come off your pay cheque. The day starts at 5am and could end at midnight, you are expected to be in the next morning at 5am, or will be fired with cause, which means no severance pay.
Pros
The I left the place
Cons
long hours, work you to death, lousy benefits, lousy pay, rude managers.
I would not work here again as a last resort, they expect you to carry very heavy bags/boxes of heavy produce all by yourself, they tell you 50lbs at most, BS it will easily exceed 100lbs. The thing I hated the most was no guaranteed hours, they expect you to show up everyday just to see if you are working or not, if not they send you home with no pay. The only bright side of this place is the co-workers are friendly, and the people that train you are very dedicated. So if you can get welfare, take it, don't work here.
Pros
good trainers, friendly and approachable colleagues
Cons
hard job, pay sucks, no guaranteed hours, work stat holidays, horrible benefits
treat people like there a lower person speak ill about people. fire you when you speak out about it. terrible unsafe and hostile work environment. management is all family and out to advance their selves. They lie to there customer about the products they receive. terrible benefits and pay. There is nothing enjoyable about Freshstart Foods.
to much of a high turn over rate not worth working for them they don't respond to vacation requests they take advantage of there employees the benefits are no good and the same with the pay
Pros
Cons
takes advantage of employees
It was a tough job sometimes, working long hours in a freezer cutting fruits all day. My co workers were friendly though, so it wasn't too bad.