Fresh Start Foods

Fresh Start Foods Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
interesting and fast pace environment. flexible work arrangement, love the culture and the people work with. Management support and engaging project. Growth potential
Great place to work as long as you are ready and capable to do the job they hired you for. Management is great and everyone takes pride in doing their best every day. I moved for a better opportunity. If you are looking for a professional and good working environment then this is the place for you.
Un beau defi dans une autre
province Richmond BC.

Travail competitif

Travailler en Groupe

La plus belle experience:

Assigne operateur de compacteur de carton pendant 7 ans.

Responsable verser les fruits

dans des bacs et operer le compacteur .
Pros
Nouvelle carriere
Cons
Demenagement province
The job does pay well but the overall management has issues of what it wants and has some unrealistic exceptions of what the workers are to do at times, they have favouritism problems and will be dodgy of intentions instead of just being honest. I was not the best worker but there were people much slower then I was who were weren't full time like me who got more hours and were able to stay on while people like me got dismissed, if you want to complain about performance then why not look at people who were actually slow and teach people in a manner that actually helps them. I was swapped around with the excuse that things were "slow" when they just didn't want me in production into splits, while in spilts for two weeks and learning the overall pace and trying to get used to my new role I was told by the manger of splits that he had no "work" for me which was a lie as I was told by the main manger who dismissed me I was too slow to get the numbers needed there. Two weeks of starting a new department someone isn't going to be as fast as people working there for six months so I found that extremely unfair and insulting, I was sent back to production for a week before I was let go and given the PR spew were they were finally honest about things with me. They said I was given many chances and said my performance was too bad to continue despite me working the same pace as the others and the slow downs being due to machines not working or being unfamiliar with new task I was suddenly thrown into, I was given the main manger's number to help as a reference to get a new job which I found - more...
Some departments work harder than other, some employees do not have sense of urgency and others have to work really hard. Manager seem not to notice this. Really cold environment.
I did work there more than 2 year,some people doing there from last 20 years me and all feel very comfortable on job ..very friendly atmosphere..now company growing and growing..
As a QA technician, the job was to control the quality of the food products and also to ensure that the manufacturing and packaging processes are under control.
I did the night shift, but there are lots of politics inside, they never speak in English instead they want us to learn their language, I admire that they can use their language and communicate because most of the senior people cannot understand English, but its not fair always and when the managers try to do the same its not fair at all.
My time here was fantastic, people & management were great! Fast paced but also very relaxed. Start at 530am & finish anywhere from 130-330pm. Definitely recommend
It was a great experience to work in fresh start company. The workplace culture was good. I learned many life skills while working in fresh start like team work.
Don’t work there you get treated horrible and do a lot of work for horrible pay. They just care about the mangers and lead hands to get raises, you end up doing a lot of work and everyone thinks there a manager. A lot of stealing going there as well but no one cares as long as the work gets done .
The supervisors have favourites and if they don’t like you they will not call you in to shifts. All the workers smell really bad like Indian food and they only speak in their language. The supervisors are very entitled and take their anger out on the workers. I don’t know who hires these people and puts them in charge
In my opinion, this company is a good place to start, but not for growth and it also has a low wage.
There is a big company in the whole, paying attention to its employees.
Fresh Start offers an amazing environment where hard work is translated directly into your movement within the company. Fresh Start offers a familial environment where you can create strong lasting bonds and feel supported by a company which is small enough to be seen and large enough to get all of the perks a large company can offer.
I only worked here three weeks. I picked orders in splits. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, except for leadhand. All people working in warehouse,processing, dock and splits were friendly and helpful. I had an emergency on my day off,and had to leave province due to a fatal accident. I was late to inform supervisor,due to travelling, I apologize but he was not very compassionate. He basically threatened my job,so I quit. He was very disrespectful compassionate.
Pros
Work hours and co workers
Cons
One Irish manager, is rude and disrespectful.
Management sets unrealistic objectives, pits employees against each other and manages with the 4 works employees do not like to heat "This is on you".
There are many types of products to be learned throughout the workplace.
I found it impossible to work with the antics of the unprofessional and immature management .

A)Precut Production worker

-Hard work area under cold pressures.

-Long shifts that weren't prepared for.

-Didn't bring enough food to last a 19 hour shift.

-Better management would be an idea.

-Great Experience, learn a lot bout the produce world and foodservices chain.

- when it comes to production it has a really poor management I've been in this company almost 7 yrs did all the hard work to help the company make a profit ......you probably wondering why after all the years I've been in this company i didn't hesitate to let go for me? " I'd rather lose this job than losing reapect to my self" just a heads up to somebody wants to work in this company they're right this company stick on bullies and lots of wannabes ....

-most hardest part of job was dealing with lazy people always in my space,

very demanding job

B)

Washrooms are always drity . Mangament are rude,uneducatied espically Team Supervisors and Leads are lazy and inmatare walk around

-long hours Hard to plan when you work every weekend

-Hours are not consistent, work every Sunday

Management is poorly trained. Many superviors and Lead Hands do not know their jobs and should be replaced. Huge lack of communication between depts.

Forced overtime and when it comes to calculating pay for OT hours accounting has no idea how their system works. FYI...Punch out a minute late and you will loose 30 min. pay. Don't believe
 - more...
Pros
Have to fill out a document form for BC Medical Services Assistance, ( there for 100% Free MSP from "employer"
I fill great job satisfaction with respect to management attitude, humbly environment, team management, work allocation, spirit for complex solutions, product quality control & all the rest you expect. Tu
Extremely Depressing, no growth, no positions to advance internally
A typical day you will be prepping some form of produce. The workplace doesn't have a culture just work and a lot of folks speak Punjabi with little to no English.
Pros
They have a few events for employees throughout the year.
Cons
Extensive hours due to overwhelming work and lack of employee team effort to complete
If your thinking of working here please read this. I worked in Richmond location for only 2months and this was my experience. I was hired as a loader recieved but by the end of the first week I apparently was taking care of 4different departments. Loading unloading receiving, runner for production, picking helping build skids with product, organizing dry area, cleaning everywhere because most people don't care and office work and paperwork that people who had been there for months didn't even have a clue how to do. My job duties grew from shipper reciever to all those after 2weeks. If your someone who wants to help as much as possible you will be taken advantage of. You will be treated like an idiot and shown no respect by most of production team. They will yell and point at what they need without common courtesy of addressing you or even asking you even if it's not your job or department. And if you continue doing your job and they have to wait a few minutes they wonder why your so slow and keep telling for their product. Only their job matters to them. Even though you have trailers backing up, product to put away and weigh and paperwork to do, you will get ten different people asking you for product or help grabbing many different things for each. Most can't even lift boxes that weigh 15lbs and will get you off your machine to get lift things for them. They will constantly be in your way, seeing that you are driving in with a skid full of product they won't get out of your way so be careful. This is only the tip of the iceberg. This was only my personal experience so I can - more...
Pros
Handful of really nice individuals but that's it
Cons
Almost everyone else is miserable, and most have no common courtesy.