Fresh St Market

Fresh St Market Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Fresh St. Market has excellent organizational culture: staff are really nice, management is very accommodating for students, and pay is above minimum wage. Throughout my time at Fresh St. Market, I have developed my social skills, customer service skills, and problem-solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with your coworkers and with your favorite customers. I also really enjoy Fresh St. Market's festivals that they hold every year such as, the grilled cheese festival and salmon-berry festival because we get to eat free grilled cheese sandwiches and salmon burgers for being a staff member.

I have been working at Fresh St. Market for a few years now and have found my experience to be very worthwhile. However, in my opinion, once you have mastered all of the aspects of your department, there is not much room to learn new things to grow yourself professionally unless you switch departments, apply for an assistant manager position (that likely requires you to be full-time), or apply to become a department manager. In addition, there aren't any promotions, rewards for excellence or much recognition for Fresh St. employees in my experience (other than the annual Fresh St. staff gettogether).

Overall, Fresh St. Market has an excellent work culture, but it comes with a low professional growth aspect if you choose to be in the same department for a very long time.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Low professional growth aspect (ovetime)
Great place to work.. it is a fast paced workplace because it is the only market in this area so makes sense that many people come here for their daily needs.
I am interested in teamwork and participation in a generator job such as confectionery and baking bread in the short run, although it is my interest in filming and making a documentary film.
Pros
free inclod
Cons
short time
most of the days working their was really busy learnt how to be a cashier stocking shelf and doing inventory i was accepted to work their making friends at fresh st market was an enjoyable part of my job.
What I like the most about this company is the staff's positive energy and great culture. Everybody seems to share the same vibrant attitude that reflects on our loyal customers.
The front end position requires enthusiasm, great communication skills, and passion for customer service.

Managers are approachable, motivated, and reliable.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
No discount for employees