Fresh Prep logo
Fresh Prep

Fresh Prep Employee Reviews

Warehouse

Nothing to say, it is just a fast-growing company with excellent future Had an excellent time while working there, the supervisors were good, the management was also very good and supportive

Meal Kits

I work on zero waste line. We make nice meals for peoples. I am new but it is good to be here. Lots of work it is clean it is organized. People I work with are nice and my supervisor cares about me

Pros

Helpful caring people

Cons

Standing all day

Good Food

I am a new worker at fresh prep. They are nice to me the workers I work with are helpful and nice to. It is busy at fresh prep and we make a lot of food in a day. It is nice to get help and make new friends. Place is clean and they give us clean work clothes every day

Pros

I get my full hours and they are nice to me

Cons

They keep track of my time to do things

Poor and toxic management

Management are a bunch of hypocrites. They will shout at you for not keeping 2 meters apart, but the social distancing guidelines go out the door when you are assign to work on their new kit, you will be hitting elbows with the person beside you, working cramped together at this tiny table. No barriers or anything to keep you or the person beside you safe.The warehouse is very crowded with bunch of dirty baskets stacked everywhere, racks and pallets are all over the place, you'll be lucky not to bump into those. They have a bunch of cleaners but the place is always a mess. lunchrooms are dirty. Management only cares about themselves. Most people are afraid to speak up.

Pros

Free meals, nice co-workers

Cons

Stressful work environment and work load, low raise

Warning: Toxic Management

Management at Freshprep is disappointing and inauthentic. Leadership and HR provide surface-level care for employees however, in situations requiring management intervention, decisions are made to benefit those in management positions rather than the people they employ. Even when I or others raised concerns to HR, nothing was done or people were let go with little justification. The company operates as a start-up and employees are expected to complete duties outside the original job description with little consultation or support. Despite promises of future bonuses or pay increases, they always get pushed back or deferred due to unreachable standards. Some managers are plain bullies but nothing has been done to support employees that are under them. Freshprep may offer a good product and some employees are great despite the toxic management. Work here if you need a job, but if you care about personal development, career growth or working for a company that values employees, this is not a place for you.

Pros

Good food perks, some great coworkers

Amazing Food

We make amazing food for thousands of homes! Top quality food and recipes. Super great colleagues and creative processes. Great work culture!

So fresh so clean

Nice place to work. Just started somewhat recently. Food is brought in fresh every day and the place is so clean. People are nice. Food is of really good quality and is fancy.

Fast and Fresh

Started recently with Fresh Prep. It’s been a great place to work so far! Lots of caring people. They keep the place organized. The food is carefully assembled and brought in fresh daily.

Green to go

Hyper environmentally conscious. Really organized. great people to work with. Really amazing food is made with attention to detail. They know what they are doing and do it well

Corona Safety

Great place to work they care about your safety and have a bunch of corona social distancing stuff in place with hand washing temperature checks and frequent communication I love the people I work with and work for they care about what they do and who they work with

Jobs at Fresh Prep

See more jobs

covid safety

The company has a lot of covid procedures recently in place. its nice to know they are keeping us top of mind in keep us safe. im new with employment so it very good to see so many people be so helpful. its so nice that we also are making top notch food for people at home in vancoucer

Great place to work and eat

I was able to learn a lot about meal prepping, healthy eating, organizational skills, and proper kitchen cleaning. Owner and coworkers were willing to teach me new skills.

Love the independence and ability to work at your own pace

I only just started working at fresh prep but so far it has been great. It's only 1 day a week, but there are plenty of offers to take extra shifts. Theres 3 apps you need to download, one where you can message hq and they can help you with everything and anything! They also reimburse you for gas!

Pros

Independent, self paced, limited customer interactions, in app chat with hq

Cons

Bags can be heavy, only one day a week

Hard but worth it

Been working here for almost a year and all I can say is its continuously improving, management hires analytics people so they can improve the way ingredients are prepped and packed. The advancements for hard working people are kinda slow but it is a great company. Always always think of the customers needs. Hands on managers and...i just love this company.

Hallo fresh prep

Good place to work. nice people. supervisor is really nice and helps. organized place and new. like it here a lot. dont have anything really bad to say other then it is cold temperature.

Thats good

Freshprep is a good job for the delivery drivers can earn better than other works and own schedule and the staff is very supportive and understanding.

There are better options out there

I regret all of my experiences there. Harsh, unforgiving, and they throw you to the wolves straight out of the gate. The Wolves being your unqualified to teach coworkers. Sure the food was great and stuff is all shiny and new but that doesn't cover up the toxic atmosphere

Nice people

Very nice people work here. People I work with are helpful and friendly. my supervisor is very knowledgeable and nice to boot. Place is organized and people care.

Pros

What we make is really high quality

Cons

Refrigerated work space

They were fair to me and dumped a bunch of hours towards my way when I needed them..

Although I was only here for about less than a year, apart from the salary being less than it should be (at least three dollars more), I thought the gas mileage was fair, it was negotiable in my case. My biggest complaint is that some customers are WAY too high and mighty about taking away the old fresh prep containers/bags. It got annoying. Co workers are only there for a short time. You will definitely need more black ice in your interior after a few shifts. Found the food pretty good, just not all meals were for my pallete 3.75/5

Not a good place to work

A disorganized environment where leaders, supervisors and managers are totally unprepared, that makes you think “how did that person get in that position?” It is a competitive environment and VERY cold as well.

Just Started

Very helpful co-workers and area leads. Clean work area. Amazing food is made here. Lots to learn and lots of variety in work to do. Excited to be here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Prep. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement