Fresh Prep logo
Fresh Prep

Fresh Prep

Fresh Prep Employee Review

They were fair to me and dumped a bunch of hours towards my way when I needed them..

Although I was only here for about less than a year, apart from the salary being less than it should be (at least three dollars more), I thought the gas mileage was fair, it was negotiable in my case. My biggest complaint is that some customers are WAY too high and mighty about taking away the old fresh prep containers/bags. It got annoying. Co workers are only there for a short time. You will definitely need more black ice in your interior after a few shifts. Found the food pretty good, just not all meals were for my pallete 3.75/5

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Love the independence and ability to work at your own pace

I only just started working at fresh prep but so far it has been great. It's only 1 day a week, but there are plenty of offers to take extra shifts. Theres 3 apps you need to download, one where you can message hq and they can help you with everything and anything! They also reimburse you for gas!

Pros

Independent, self paced, limited customer interactions, in app chat with hq

Cons

Bags can be heavy, only one day a week
Same location

Poor and toxic management

Management are a bunch of hypocrites. They will shout at you for not keeping 2 meters apart, but the social distancing guidelines go out the door when you are assign to work on their new kit, you will be hitting elbows with the person beside you, working cramped together at this tiny table. No barriers or anything to keep you or the person beside you safe.The warehouse is very crowded with bunch of dirty baskets stacked everywhere, racks and pallets are all over the place, you'll be lucky not to bump into those. They have a bunch of cleaners but the place is always a mess. lunchrooms are dirty. Management only cares about themselves. Most people are afraid to speak up.

Pros

Free meals, nice co-workers

Cons

Stressful work environment and work load, low raise
Same location

Warning: Toxic Management

Management at Freshprep is disappointing and inauthentic. Leadership and HR provide surface-level care for employees however, in situations requiring management intervention, decisions are made to benefit those in management positions rather than the people they employ. Even when I or others raised concerns to HR, nothing was done or people were let go with little justification. The company operates as a start-up and employees are expected to complete duties outside the original job description with little consultation or support. Despite promises of future bonuses or pay increases, they always get pushed back or deferred due to unreachable standards. Some managers are plain bullies but nothing has been done to support employees that are under them. Freshprep may offer a good product and some employees are great despite the toxic management. Work here if you need a job, but if you care about personal development, career growth or working for a company that values employees, this is not a place for you.

Pros

Good food perks, some great coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Prep. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement