Fresh Direct Produce

Fresh Direct Produce Management reviews

Canada13 reviews
Managers do the bare minimum to train. Get blamed for mistakes that are unavoidable for a new employee. Most of the employees there are friendly with the exception of some in higher positions who get infuriated if they are talked to. Free apples, oranges, and occasionally more exotic fruits
Most of the verbal inter company communication is done in Chinese, not English. Direct manager had a terrible temper and would lash out at small situations, and did not know how to operate basic tech gadgets (use a computer properly, Skype, etc). Major power trip from upper management, and they did nothing to rectify any concerns that were brought up by employees. There were some staff members that were very catty (mostly the females) and gossiped a lot instead of focusing on their work.
Pros
Met some really nice co workers there
Cons
Pretty much everything, sadly
Salaries are lower than the market average. Supervisors and management can be bias, hard works are not being recognized. Lower level employees are sometimes not being respected by the senior/upper employees. However, the only good thing is you can get free fruit (not every day).
Pros
sometimes free fruit
Cons
low wages
Night shift was demanding 4+ hours over time. Environment can become very political and if you're not Chinese/cantonese, it can be difficult. Very poor inventory management/control.
Head office is in Vancouver, I appreciate and respect their vision but at the local level in Calgary the management is lacking. Very poorly run.
The management is very supportive. Some of the co-workers are nicer than others. The job nature is okay; I have learned quite a lot from the job. However, I always had to work long hours without extra pay. I lost the work-life balance, and so I decided to look for other options.
Pros
Benefits and Bonus
Cons
Long Hours