Fresh Air Cinema Employee Review

View all Fresh Air Cinema reviews

Great job for the summer
Assistant/PT Lead Field Technition (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC8 November 2015
Loved this job for what it was, the people I worked with were great and the places I got to see were even better! they days and nights are long but that comes with setting up outdoor movie events all over BC. Loved the experience and would come back next season!

Other Fresh Air Cinema Employee Reviews

BC office is a great place to work over the summer, great line manager and a fantastic owner. I got to see a lot of BC and met some fantastic people.
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 October 2019
A typical day will start with, checking your brief, getting your kit ready, loading up a vehicle + trailer and getting on the road.
Get to the Job, set up, watch a movie whilst keeping an eye on the equipment and finishing a report, then you pack it all away and head back to the office.

You'll have regular events in the lower mainland that you'll do weekly and see familiar faces, but sometimes you'll get sent out to places in the interior, Vancouver Island, Northern BC and more!

I learned a lot about events, inflatable movie screens, AV equipment and saw a lot of movies that I'd never seen before (as well as some classics I loved seeing again).

The management are friendly and approachable, the owner is a great guy who rewards and appreciates hard work. I caused some accidental damage to a company vehicle whilst away on a job and it was handled very well by my line manager and the owner.

Workplace culture is fun, the staff joke a a lot and keep spirits high when the day is getting physical and tiring.

Hardest part of the job is the physicality of it and the long hours. However, for summer jobs to be worth while, they usually have to involve long hours. Otherwise you'd not make any money and may as well have had the summer off.

Traveling the province with a colleague, showing families movies is a pretty sweet gig! The banter with the crew & chance to earn good summer money without working some kind of corporate, soul crushing job is also great. I had a great summer and hope to be back again!
Pros
Outdoor work, travel opportunities, meeting new people, good summer earner, good management, got a sweet tan
Cons
Long hours, working public holidays, heavy lifting at some events
Amazing Company to work for !
Aviation Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2019
Great work life balance. Great Pay & Great Management. A great summer job. Good opportunity for Travel very early on in your contract . Very flexible too.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Air Cinema. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresh Air Cinema Reviews by Location