Fresh Air Cinema

Fresh Air Cinema Employee Reviews for RV Technician

I picked up a job at the BC branch as a technician over the Summer 2020 season. At a time of worldwide uncertainty they managed to adapt and keep operating in the entertainment industry through the challenging times, no small feat. It felt good to give people an opportunity to unwind and be entertained while being as safe as possible during COVID times. There are the typical standard operating procedures to follow, but every event is different, forcing you to think on your toes and be adaptable. Working outdoors is great, even in the rain. Wind is your enemy. Happiness depends on your team mates, don't be a jerk.If you can hook up a DVD player to a TV and can lift 50-100(MAX)lbs 2-4 times a day, you could do this.Typical Shift: Show up at the shop, load up a trailer, drive to the event, set up, wait for dark, play movie, pack up, clean up, drive back to the shop, unload trailer, lock up, go home. Middle Management is great, Upper management is cool but has the all stresses of any company owner on their shoulders - which can trickle down.
Pros
Paid Travel, Entertaining people, See and meet lots people
Cons
Long Hours, Away from home, management tries to save money
The BC location is an absolutely fantastic place to work. Management is fun, easy-going and very approachable. They provided excellent training and never played the blame game when something didn't go right. They always focused on what went wrong and how to improve going forward. Summers here are incredibly fast-paced and there is not a lot of time for much outside of work, particularly in August, but you are told this upfront. I had the opportunity to do some overnight trips to Whistler/Pemberton, as well as the BC interior during the summer. These trips were great chances for learning and I enjoyed the time away from the lower mainland. Every year, you have a different crew and this year's crew was phenomenal! As with anything, there can be clashes in high-stress situations but, for the majority of the time, we all worked well together to get the job done. Getting to know everyone and work with them was one of the best parts of the job! The banter and comradery made the hot days and physical labour well worth it. The hardest part of the job would probably be having to work out in the elements. While we did have a decent summer overall, there were a couple of stormy evenings (rain and/or thunder) that we got caught in that soaked us to the bones and required special attention to make sure equipment didn't get damaged. If given the opportunity, I would absolutely work at Fresh Air Cinema again.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fresh Air Cinema?