Fresenius Kabi Employee Reviews

Micromanaged, treated poorly, not worth it,
Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2019
Fresenius Kabi Canada is one of the worst employers in Mississauga's pharma industry:

Cons:
- Office in the middle of nowhere
- Awful processes. Completely disconnected from other divisions
- Probation period is 6 months? What?!? Not competitive with industry.
- Pay is far below average for pharma
- Leadership is homegrown from the APP-CPP days. Lacking credible pros.
- Constant micromanagement from a Manager with no clue

Pros
- Nice office
- Free coffee

Only work here if you don't have any better options.
Micromanagement and strict schedule
Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2019
No scheduling flexibility to provide work and life balance. Micromanaged leaders. Good coworkers that's the best part but poor leadership overall can't trust. Same people always recognized. Management emails after hours and during time off. Culture is not great overall, employee club and management club. Pay is ok but vacation time is low. Beautiful office.
Negative workplace and not fair treatment favortism
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
Staff is not happy it’s 8 hours of negative feelings. Very stressed workplace and people can feel it. Lots of new people every week lots of people leaving the good staff leaves it’s too bad. The same people always receive the promotion and pay raises. The directors get treated better then the staff and we work harder and make everything happen day to day. Management is never wrong but they are. They call you on your days off if they have questions about work. No balance in schedules. My coworkers are a good team. Need to change some directors they have favorites and not always professional compared to othe companies. But the staff sticks together we understand each other. I like my coworkers.
Pros
Good friends at the office
Cons
Everyone not treated the same and higher up gets better treatment
Would not recommend this company to friends
Intermediate Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
I’ve spent most of my career working in the pharmaceutical industry. This place is a mess and doesn’t compare to the real deal. The senior leaders are all home grown and not experienced. Work life balance is non existent. Work from home was introduced but is highly controlled and limited. No flexibility to create own self scheduling, must be committed to the clock. Highly micro managed work environment. No trust in the employees. Vacation entitlement is not attractive, long wait for an additional week. Benefits are basic. The pay was ok. Met some nice people that were supportive and helpful but overall people weren’t happy to be there everyday. I hope things get better for them.
Pros
They always order food for meetings. The new building is beautiful.
Cons
No work life balance. Negative work environment.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 August 2018
It was not a good position for me for the time that i was there. There was inconsistent managers. I did not think managers knew enough of the job to guide me.
Pros
the location was close to me
Cons
managers had no direction
Excellent Culture and Work Challenges
Anesthesia and Critical Care Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
My 5 years at FK were the best of my career. Very challenging key sales account role and products to work with. FK is an innovative company gradually introducing its European products to Canada.
Pros
Vacation, bonus
Cons
No Cons.
Lot of work, very low pay and no room for advancement
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 February 2018
Good if u are starting to get experience, or have no other choice but to work somewhere. Lot of workload and very less pay. No room for advancement...
Friendly people, Small office environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 March 2017
Managers generally have faith in your work ethics and are always willing to help you out/provide guidance. There is no pressure when coming into work.
Pros
People, Small Office Environment
Cons
Distance, Career Advancement
Great Sales team and Support Network throughout.
Hospital Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Canada3 September 2013
FK Was a great place to work. Management was supportive and collaborative at every level. Innovation was shared among all team members and all members were treated with respect.