French Connection Employee Reviews

It was a great first job.
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 June 2017
This store is no longer operating in Vaughan Mills. It was a really good place to work at though, as everyone on the team was very friendly and accommodating.
Productive and challenging
Executive Chef/Owner (Former Employee) –  Montréal Canada9 March 2017
I became executive chef/co-owner of French Connection Montreal. This restaurant doesn't exist anymore.
It was a farm to market restaurant. I change my menu once a week. Preparing wild game or fish, seafood.
Meats like Bison, duck , foie gras, lamb and wild boar.
This is the restaurant were I became the chef that I am today
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
No health benefits
Excellent Team Work Environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
French Connection is a great place to learn retail skills, and to develop general work habits. It is a small, high end chain store, which aims to provide each customer with a unique memorable shopping experience. The management team enforces a fun, helpful environment, providing incentives for hard work and dedication. I learned a lot about the fashion industry, as well as how to demonstrate and promote benefits and positive attributes among all products in the store. The management will train you how to properly sell high end clothing, and they will support you at all times.
Heavy Restructuring
National Stock Leader - Canada (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON13 February 2017
Canadian branch was subject to extensive downsizing. Uncertainty about the future and the overall profitability of the business lead to a stressful work environment.

Inventory systems were old and functionality was limited, many activities were executed manually and lead to increased potential for errors.

Overall good people without the direction, support or investment from the UK, led to an inability to retain their market share.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
poor pay, poor job security
Flexible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
This was the perfect job for me which allowed me to pursue a career in the Film industry. It was my first job when I moved to Vancouver and it allowed me to meet some really good friends.
The management team were great and patient with me whilst I learnt a system that was completely different to the one I worked with in the UK.
Pros
Great and understanding manager.
Cons
The store closed down.
environnement stressant et negatif
General Manager (Former Employee) –  montreal7 September 2016
manque de formation

beaucoup de problème de logement ( fuite d'eau , inondation , air climatiser

aucun standart

mauvaise gestion des pertes
Pros
assurance
Cons
manque de professionalisme
High School Retail Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 August 2016
Answered customer questions about merchandise and advised customers on merchandise selection.
Managed inventory to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
Compared merchandise invoices to items received to ensure shipments were correct
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Standing a lot
Great place to work.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2016
It was a great place to work and it offered many opportunities for their sales associates to learn and grow. The management was flexible and excellent to work with. Co-workers worked well together.
please see cv
Senior Stylist and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  team leader6 January 2016
i managed all staff with training, and meetings. i was responsible for the overall maintenance of the salon. Involved cash handling, stock ordering, staff managing as well as managing my own column of clients.
Amazing Company
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Rocky View24 August 2015
French Connection was an amazing place to work. I started as a store manager and worked my way to Field manager over the years. I got the opportunity to be the face of the brand and with the marketing team did several Breakfast Television segments in Calgary,Edmonton and Vancouver. I was also able to learn and manage a strong visual team, performing and leading monthly and annually store flips for the entire west coast division. And to go with that had the opportunity to work one on one with the Inventory loss prevention manager of the entire Canada division. Working at French Connection allowed my abilities to soar and increase my knowledge in all areas of business management. The hardest part of the job was accepting it was over. French Connection Canada closed their Alberta market based on leasing problems with the malls they were in. Examples being rent to high, and not a good leasing space in the malls.
Pros
Benefits, Strong employee realationships, clothing allowance
Cons
Working weekends if I had to pick (but thats retail!!!)

Want to know more about French Connection?

Ask a question
French Connection
Sales Associate & Stock Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2015
Easy going fast paced work environment with friendly energetic people. Great management with very flexible scheduling. Great for meeting new people.
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  toronto27 April 2015
I loved working at French Connection, the have a great team !
the management is very flexible and teaches you to expand your sales skills
Pros
Price discounts
Productive fun place with great co workers
Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2015
Received shipment, unpack-age merchandise, steam, fold, perform opening and closing duties. Made sure stock room is clean. Co-workers were great and very friendly. Atmosphere very good to be around. And every one had a positive energy.
Organization Culture
Associate Manager - Head of operations west Canada (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta8 March 2015
A wonderful place to work, proper management and well organized place to be.
Proper team management and division of work.
Well orientation everyday in the morning followed with new promotions and tips as well as team task for the day.

The best part of job was to learn from fashion stylist and new customers from all over the world.

Really loved to communicate and be around a team of people from 7 different countries
Learning came handy with the job
Demanding and high clientele driven environment
Sales Associate / Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2014
a regular day at FC is assisting in the day to day store operations
greeting customers, meeting their needs, closing sales, suggest add-on items to generate sales, build repeat business, updating client data base, notifying clients on store specials etc. Keeping a well maintained neat and attractive store, carrying out the store visual standards, fixtures, replenishing stocks, maintaining stores loss prevention policies.

Every day at FC is a learning experience. Patience and The art of mastering great customer service skills, meeting store sales requirements, building professionalism through staff and customers relations are some of what Ive learned to master throughout my experience while working at French Connection.

Great support from management staff and maintained great relationships.

Ive developed great relationships with my co-workers and have had a great experience working together.

Unpleasant customers are the least favorite part of any retail job. Long hours and standing throughout the day are also challenging aspects of the job.

Meeting new clients, building great professional relations and maintaining repeat business relationships are essential, but also pleasant.
Favorited by clients, having excellent reviews from clients through management.
being awarded with company's GC for excellent work performances etc
Great Staff But Poor HR Practises
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2014
The staff are friendly but there is poor management and HR practices. No health & safety procedures put in place. No confidentiality. Pay is minimum wage and you never know if your job is safe. Would only recommend if you want 16 hours a week.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Slow business, bad HR
A friendly atmosphere- enjoyable work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2014
The store atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming to their customers. I think that it was mostly the employees that made me feel so about that environment.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Standing for long hours straight
it was ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2013
i did order picking, and scanning and packed shelves with orders and locations.
Pros
they gave free lunches occasionally and on holidays
Cons
enviroment
Professional fashion industry
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  vaughan, ontario14 October 2012
*Set up day to day sales goals for staff, review emails from head office in regards to new promotions, re-merchandising product, and manage the sales team
*This job has really allowed me to grow as individual and taught me how to be more professional in a workplace
*management was great, well informed individuals
*Co-workers were diverse, which gave the company more culture
*The hardest part of the job was the long hours
*The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning process of the job
Pros
discounts
Cons
Very understanding with regards to my studies.
Stock associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 April 2012
An ideal part time job if you're studying. The company is very understanding when it comes to my study priorities. The one thing they do ask is that whilst you're at work, your number 1 priority becomes the company. Fair game!
Pros
up to 50% off store merchandise
Cons
dusty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at French Connection. Our community is ready to answer.