Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews

Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Keep track of sales targets in order to reach the goal. Attract new immigrants/international students to offer them comparatively more affordable plans.
Changed Ownership led to poor direction
Service Delivery & Environment Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Changed ownership over the years led to a stagnant and directionless organization. Lack of investment in people and technology resulted in limited effectiveness.
Pros
Fairly nimble
Cons
Stressful environment
A day working for Freedom Mobile
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 April 2018
A typical work day for me would consist of getting to work and establishing what department needed to most work done. As being trained and skill in almost every department, I was often times working on different projects on a daily basis.
Aside from working in the Customer Service Industry all of my life, Freedom mobile allowed me to use my skills in Marketing directly and master major skills with using the computer on a daily basis.
In my almost three years of working there, I have experienced many different managerial types and personalities. Freedom Mobile had a very complex team of management staff that created a great spectrum for available assistance. There was always the perfect manager to approach based on different issues that arose.
The hardest part of the job would have to have been adjusting to each different department when requested to assist in each one. Although I was thoroughly trained in all called upon departments, it was sometimes challenging to adjust to each one when asked to assist after focusing on a different one for a previous length of time
On the contrary after the minor adjustment time from one department to another, the most enjoyable part were my coworkers and management team. This is simply because you could always count on there support and assistance when you reached out to them. Also upper management would often times create themed days and events to help boost morale. Also the benefit packages that the company offered were very substantial and appreciative.
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2018
Good pay and benefits. Local management allowed one on one time for difficult situations.

The job tools and rules change day to day and case by case, no consistency with sops or solutions to problems. Getting assistance is difficult as even senior staff were not included in some important updates to protocol. Ask 5 different support team members and you will get 5 different answers. Communication within company needs to be improved.
Pros
Bonuses, supportive management.
Cons
New supervisor every 3-6 months. Inconsistent sops.
Customer service = management support
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2018
Freedom mobile is a good place to work for students who are looking fro a part time position. However, the place where I was working the management was really rude and did not support the sale representatives.
daily routine
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2018
I have acquired many skills at Freedom Mobile that I believe will make me an asset to future employers. I have advanced throughout company starting at entry level position promoted to supervisor then most recent position as quality assurance. I work directly with management team ensuring excellent customer satisfaction.
Amazing place to work
Team Lead - Real Time Adherence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 February 2018
I worked in the call centre. The management was amazing, I started to get board and asked for more work. Not only did they give me more work but it was different, stimulating, Training me, and allowing me to see how the hiring process works, management works, The work I was trained out near the end I was able to see how my fellow employees where met. I would think if the place was still open I would be in management, or moved to Shaw. I absolutely loved this place. Very kind people, fun work environment, I enjoyed coming to work every single day. I have NO issue coming in for OT when needed because I knew they would take care of me. This place never did me wrong. The hardest part of my day was being a Team Lead and having to report my fellow employees as we all get so close we became a family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, Everyone from Upper Management to the people who fill our vending machines all amazing people.
Pros
Free EPP, Discound Shaw sat, Family Friends Promos
Cons
Needed more people.
Nice people around
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 December 2017
This is a very happy place to work. You will meet a lot of friends here. You also get to know many different people. You can learned from those people.
Private retails
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2017
Private retailers they will treat you like dogs. Keeps all commission and bonus and benefits to their self..................................................................
Great company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
Freedom is a great company to work for! We are treated with respect and enjoy many benefits. There is place for advancement which is wonderful. The company is close knit and we are treated well.
I love and enjoy every minute at work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 October 2017
Interesting questions. I usually arrive 30 minutes before opening, I check inventory and familiarize myself with what colors we have on hand. Enjoy my coffee while I am doing this. The most things i enjoy at work is answering the customers's questions(I love helping) and some days I train the new sales Representative.
Good but could use some work
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 October 2017
Great work environment, work was simple, lack in proper training and advancement potential. Management is good but very slow in almost everything they do. Must be ready to deal with interesting scenarios to say in the least working here.
Pros
discounted phone plans and accessories.
Cons
computer systems suck.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 October 2017
It was a really traffic volume workplace, with all sorts of new people to interact with and get to build relations with, as well as providing them there best choice of route to make sure they leave the store happy.
Good company for retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 October 2017
They provide benefits for part time reps. They have excellent support systems in place. The pay is fair and they compensate with commission/bonuses. They also promote from within.
its far from my place
Network Operation Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
I like the work environment ,however it does not worth for me to drive this distance every day with this salary.Also my experience is in I.T and I am more interested in this field.on the other hand they are going to be joined with shaw internet and I guess there are going to reduce the people in noc and contract employees are the most non secure ones .so I decided to look for a job most related to all my whole life work experience and more near to me .
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
far distance
Need corporate step in for dealers
Manager(VYADOM) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
Work place is good, there needs to be more attention from dealers in order to succeed as a business. Typical day consists of pushing for sales, dealing with many customers at once and prioritizing tasks. This job has taught me how to multi-task, listen to customers and understand their root issues and concerns and address them.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
bad commission
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
it is a good job. i really liked working with them. good pay rate.
more interaction with the new people. they are on their words, they launch new offers every month
Freedom Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2017
Friendly Colleagues and Managers.

Good company to work at if you looking for growth and experience.

The company will be continually expanding due to the purchase from Shaw Cable.
Pros
Growing company, Friendly Environment
Cons
Comission based salary
Good place but hecttic routine
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
Freedom Mobile is a good place to work if you have a good temperament while dealing with customers. A lot of energy required to make sales. Overall experience is good.
self motivated, loving, respectful
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 July 2017
Management was really respectful and treated me with respect, the hardest part of sales and retail is unreasonable customers. other than all that its amazing at work, building a long term relationship with customers would be the best part of my job. My Co workers are all immaculate. I have learned a lot, how to make sales and about retail.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
last minute customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.