Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Insecure job and no option to grow

Insecure job and no option to grow,Should promote people by their qualification instead of favoring community members. Internal recruitment should be open to all.

Pros

Salary is ok

Cons

Insecure, no scope to grow

Good mooney, good benefit and flexible hours

Freedom mobile is a great place to start employment if you just came to Canada or are student in University/ College. Really good potential to make money as it is minimum wage plus commissions. And commissions can be more than your hourly wage depending on the store location and your skills. In short if the store is in a heavy traffic area like malls, there is good potential for high commissions as opposed to street front stores. They also give really good benefit package even for part time workers which is great. It covers dental, vision, drugs and massage/physio. Managers are also really kind. They actually care about the employees and always push for their success. Looks like the perfect job, right? Yes there are a few downsides. One is you have to stand for 8 hours(if that is your scheduled hour) even if there are no customers. Secondly, there is almost no chance of growth in terms of career within the company. Most employees usually make money and once they finished school or something, they leave for another job.But I would still recommend this job to almost anyone who is getting started and I'm certain they will enjoy their stay at Freedom.

Toxic work place. Developed anxiety working here

My first manager at Freedom Mobile created a toxic work place.The hours for this role make it hard to balance work/lifeVery stressful at times, especially being customer facing.I felt very undervalued and not appreciated. No opportunities to move within the company because I excelled at my position. No incentives to work hard

Pros

Good benefits, free phone plan, location of head office

Cons

Bad management, bad work/life balance, toxic work place.

Overall decent place to work.

So I worked for a Freedom Mobile dealership, and it wasn't a corporate store.There was no on-site manager but help was always a phone call away.But that lead to a very relaxed environment. Training was done online but there is a lot of stuff that simply can't be learned from watching videos and answering multiple choice questions. Being a dealership, it felt like we got less perks and benefits than working for corporate.

Pros

Relaxed work envirnment, at times you are able to get Friends and Famliy discount

Cons

Not much upward mobility, no base pay raises, lax standards compared to corporate.

Very Pushy Sales manager

ProsA decent experience overall, benefits which is rare to see for such an entry level job and opportunity for commission. Great job for students. Coworkers are nice and easy to get along with. Pressure to meet sales targets and little consistency between departments can be frustrating

I have a great team that I am comfortable working with. The benefits are great specially since I am part time.

It's a great place to work specially for part timers. The benefits are exceptional. There are also stock options that you can invest in which is matched at 25% by the parent company Shaw. I'd recommend working here.

Great job if you don’t ever want to go anywhere

Great job not a lot required but if you think you can work harder to get a promotion or even a raise good luck. Worked my butt off for months training tons of people (lots of turn over) I never once was thanked or given a review or raise.

Pros

Don’t have to do much

Cons

No appreciation

Great experience with a few extra benefits

This is a good role for those comfortable with sales. My experience in my own location was great. The training is comprehensive, the benefits were amazing, and the commission structure was good in terms of the extra money it enabled each associate to make. Be warned: if you cannot perform in a competitive environment then this role is not for you. There is a lot of that in the workplace and, if not realistically contextualized, then you will find it difficult and demotivating.

Not fun at all

No benefit at all not even for full-time employee Get less than half commission comparing to corporate store They ask too much work from part time employee that they ending up leaving the job

You make your pay cheque. Flexible hours can always pick up extra shifts and other locations if needed. Lots of training and room for advancent in the company. Offering great employee perks and coverage.

Jobs at Freedom Mobile

See more jobs

Engaging and Rewarding

A very simple job to learn as long as your are personable and are capable of some level of extroversion. Compensation is Wage + Commission giving you the opportunity and incentive to work hard to write your own cheque

It was a Freedom dealer store.

I was interviewed for a dealer store. And I was said that I’ll be on training period for 2 weeks then I’ll start getting commission. The dealer started my commission after a month and when I asked him that when “ILL GET MY COMMISSION “? He said that I’ll get my commission after 60 DAYS . It has been more then 3 months I’ve been working in that store and I’ve still not received my commission. Moreover, THEY PAID ME MONTHLY AND NOT BIWEEKLY WHICH THEY NEVER TOLD ME BEFORE JOINING THEM

nice place to work.

long shifts pretty good hours ,nice managment,good place to work,job sometimes get boring,relaxed job, improve skills , learn new everyday. i recommand this job.

Pros

hourly plus communism

Cons

slow days are boring

Very good

Very nice and good job culture including supportive boss, good salary and challenging scenarios by dealing with different customer needs and moods. Happy to work

Not for everyone

I worked in the Contact Centre for years and management there is unprofessional. they tend to force people to resign so it won't look bad on them .the communication is bad between management when it comes to sudden changes in the company. They tend to leave their employees to deal with screaming customers without a back up plan causing miscommunication with the fellow employees and the customer themselves. The benefits and the diverse culture is great in this place but the stressful environment where you are constantly being screamed at does not boost morale for the company and employees. this cost their new hires to leave after training for 3 weeks.

Owner will take advantage of you and not give you what was promised.

The owner is the worst person I have ever worked for. Will take away bonuses for no real reason and doesn't hold on to successful employees who earn good commission. Would avoid this particular location.

Making commission as a student is great!

Worked here part-time for 2 years while I was a student in College. Making minimum wage plus commission definitely helped me live comfortably during my time in school. My manager was absolutely amazing and accommodating. Even part-time employees have access to benefits (min. 20 hours/week)

Pros

Commission, benefits for part-time employees

Amazing place to work

I absolutely loved working for Freedom Mobile. Hard to explain why but the work load and people made it worth being there every day. They also cared about their employees. Was sorry the call centre shut down and relocated.

Pros

benifits, work place events, quarterly bonuses

It was very nice working experience, i have learnt a lot

I came to find my passion in sales after working with freedom mobile so it was a pretty good working environment. it was pretty good pay and as you sell the phones and plans you will get much more commissions. I have earned a nice amount of money while working there.

Great management team, great rewards

We have a fun team, we get along well and we help each other sell and exceed our goals. Having the option to make extra money via commission is a great incentive to be better and to continue to grow as a sales person. If you help the customer, you will be compensated fairly.

Fun workplace

Most of the coworker's are good and it's fun and enjoyable to work with them at freedom mobile. Depends which location you work, customers can be a little angry or they can be really good!

Pros

Free phone line, discount on phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement