Freedom Mobile Pay & Benefits reviews

It was very nice working experience, i have learnt a lot
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 May 2019
I came to find my passion in sales after working with freedom mobile so it was a pretty good working environment. it was pretty good pay and as you sell the phones and plans you will get much more commissions. I have earned a nice amount of money while working there.
Great management team, great rewards
Keyholder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2019
We have a fun team, we get along well and we help each other sell and exceed our goals. Having the option to make extra money via commission is a great incentive to be better and to continue to grow as a sales person. If you help the customer, you will be compensated fairly.
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 April 2019
Most of the coworker's are good and it's fun and enjoyable to work with them at freedom mobile.
Depends which location you work, customers can be a little angry or they can be really good!
Pros
Free phone line, discount on phones
Fantastic position and a rewarding place to work at.
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2019
The best wireless company to work for in Canada. Great work environment, amazing plans and employee benefits. Working for freedom mobile was a memorable and fun opportunity.
Pros
Free corporate phone line
Cons
vacation time
One of the best working experiences!!
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2019
Very appreciative and supportive management as long as you work hard. Face new challenges everyday which makes you learn a lot. Fun people to work with.
Pros
Very flexible working conditions
Cons
Salary is average, you can make more on commission.
A fun work place with understanding and flexible management
Warranty sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 March 2019
Typical work day would include opening up the store, cashing in, counting phones, making sure all the cases are in order. Then helping out customers with any phone issues or signing them up with Freedom Mobile. All of the employees are very friendly and make the day go by quickly.
Pros
Amazing benefits (dental, prescriptions, physio)
Work for Corporate...don't work for dealers
Retail Sales Associate (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 February 2019
Had an opportunity to work with corporate with benefits, but at the time the dealer location was much closer for me. Overall management here was non-existant and always paid me late.

Job is a great place to hone your sales and customer service, but not a longterm gig. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
Great start for customer service experience
Cons
Bad management, subpar pay
Its a start
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC19 July 2018
Training is a bit lacking. I would suggest to work for corporate, the franchises can be confusing what you can and can't do. It is good for someone looking to get some customer service experience.
Pros
Learn about old plans.
Cons
Minimum wage with no commission.
Great company
Retail and Service specialist (Former Employee) –  2181 steeles ave w13 June 2018
interesting but too many problems with the network, great community everyone is always trying to help you , free line for the phone also a lot of different benefits
Pros
free line
Cons
too many problems with the phones
no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2018
no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation, i need a job for survive this this why i work for this company for one year and i will leave for it for better option
Pros?
An impression of Freedom Mobile
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
The team at Freedom Mobile of the Dixie Outlet mall location is very helpful. The company does ensure its employees has all the necessities to live a fulfilled life such as 100% insurance coverage for dental, or prescriptions which is very crucial to those working minimum wage and may not be able to afford such needs. The company could be a little more flexible and reduce the mandatory minimum shifts to stay on the payroll; however, as a whole, I will definitely recommend any sort of employment opportunities with Freedom Mobile.
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2018
Good pay and benefits. Local management allowed one on one time for difficult situations.

The job tools and rules change day to day and case by case, no consistency with sops or solutions to problems. Getting assistance is difficult as even senior staff were not included in some important updates to protocol. Ask 5 different support team members and you will get 5 different answers. Communication within company needs to be improved.
Pros
Bonuses, supportive management.
Cons
New supervisor every 3-6 months. Inconsistent sops.
Private retails
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2017
Private retailers they will treat you like dogs. Keeps all commission and bonus and benefits to their self..................................................................
Great company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
Freedom is a great company to work for! We are treated with respect and enjoy many benefits. There is place for advancement which is wonderful. The company is close knit and we are treated well.
Good company for retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 October 2017
They provide benefits for part time reps. They have excellent support systems in place. The pay is fair and they compensate with commission/bonuses. They also promote from within.
its far from my place
Network Operation Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
I like the work environment ,however it does not worth for me to drive this distance every day with this salary.Also my experience is in I.T and I am more interested in this field.on the other hand they are going to be joined with shaw internet and I guess there are going to reduce the people in noc and contract employees are the most non secure ones .so I decided to look for a job most related to all my whole life work experience and more near to me .
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
far distance
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
it is a good job. i really liked working with them. good pay rate.
more interaction with the new people. they are on their words, they launch new offers every month
Freedom Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2017
Friendly Colleagues and Managers.

Good company to work at if you looking for growth and experience.

The company will be continually expanding due to the purchase from Shaw Cable.
Pros
Growing company, Friendly Environment
Cons
Comission based salary
satisfactory workplace with not so good management
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
Worked with a dealer of Freedom Mobile. The training isn't satisfactory as a result of which employees make mistakes and then are unjustly penalized for it. Attitudes of management are sometimes very derogatory not to mention unhelpful. Inexperienced or uneducated people are hired as managers on the discretion of the owner who is not so educated himself, and thus the business is not being run properly and employees harbour a lot of dissatisfaction.Pay is the bare minimum whereas other mobile company dealers pay competitive wages. Another con is that employees' efforts are not recognized whereas those managers are praised even if they are inefficient. Customer base is also pretty dissatisfied as a result of which the employees have to deal with their unpleasantness. Scheduling of shifts is done on ad hoc basis due to which its difficult for people to juggle their other responsibilities.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Inefficient management, unhelpful attitude, low compensation, no recognition of efforts, ineffective training, uncertain schedules
Great pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 February 2017
The company it self is very poorly managed, they do not manage the stores well either. The only benefit was the commission structure was very good and extremely helpful for students especially.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Unorganized