Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Competitive and Learning organisation
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2019
Great company. I enjoyed working there. Had many opportunities to learn and grow. The company has a very diverse workforce and is very respectful of personal choices and preferences
Pros
commission
Cons
na
Work for Corporate...don't work for dealers
Retail Sales Associate (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 February 2019
Had an opportunity to work with corporate with benefits, but at the time the dealer location was much closer for me. Overall management here was non-existant and always paid me late.

Job is a great place to hone your sales and customer service, but not a longterm gig. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
Great start for customer service experience
Cons
Bad management, subpar pay
Job experience working with freedom mobile
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  shopper's world - Brampton3 January 2019
overall experience while working with freedom mobile has been fruitful and overwhelming. Being a student and acknowledging the atmosphere of working with wireless industry side by side has proved to be of great importance to me and I seek to learn more and do more while still working here.
Chill job
Retail specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2018
I've worked at Freedom for a few years now and still quite enjoy it. I usually work on weekends and it is not extremely busy. With experience, all questions customers ask are extremely easy to answer. I don't have too many negatives except when customers storm in with a scratched phone and want to return it. Sometimes these customers try to tell you what's right and are very stubborn.
Pros
Great people to work with, many kind customers, very chill when slow
Cons
Half of the changes in accounts have to be done through customer service
Would love to work there again.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 September 2018
Overall great place to work. Unfortunately my manager was not very efficient but I loved the work. Would definitely work there again and would recommend.
Great company
Retail and Service specialist (Former Employee) –  2181 steeles ave w13 June 2018
interesting but too many problems with the network, great community everyone is always trying to help you , free line for the phone also a lot of different benefits
Pros
free line
Cons
too many problems with the phones
no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2018
no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation, i need a job for survive this this why i work for this company for one year and i will leave for it for better option
Pros?
An impression of Freedom Mobile
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
The team at Freedom Mobile of the Dixie Outlet mall location is very helpful. The company does ensure its employees has all the necessities to live a fulfilled life such as 100% insurance coverage for dental, or prescriptions which is very crucial to those working minimum wage and may not be able to afford such needs. The company could be a little more flexible and reduce the mandatory minimum shifts to stay on the payroll; however, as a whole, I will definitely recommend any sort of employment opportunities with Freedom Mobile.
Private retails
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2017
Private retailers they will treat you like dogs. Keeps all commission and bonus and benefits to their self..................................................................
self motivated, loving, respectful
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 July 2017
Management was really respectful and treated me with respect, the hardest part of sales and retail is unreasonable customers. other than all that its amazing at work, building a long term relationship with customers would be the best part of my job. My Co workers are all immaculate. I have learned a lot, how to make sales and about retail.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
last minute customers
satisfactory workplace with not so good management
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
Worked with a dealer of Freedom Mobile. The training isn't satisfactory as a result of which employees make mistakes and then are unjustly penalized for it. Attitudes of management are sometimes very derogatory not to mention unhelpful. Inexperienced or uneducated people are hired as managers on the discretion of the owner who is not so educated himself, and thus the business is not being run properly and employees harbour a lot of dissatisfaction.Pay is the bare minimum whereas other mobile company dealers pay competitive wages. Another con is that employees' efforts are not recognized whereas those managers are praised even if they are inefficient. Customer base is also pretty dissatisfied as a result of which the employees have to deal with their unpleasantness. Scheduling of shifts is done on ad hoc basis due to which its difficult for people to juggle their other responsibilities.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Inefficient management, unhelpful attitude, low compensation, no recognition of efforts, ineffective training, uncertain schedules