Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Overall decent place to work.

So I worked for a Freedom Mobile dealership, and it wasn't a corporate store.There was no on-site manager but help was always a phone call away.But that lead to a very relaxed environment. Training was done online but there is a lot of stuff that simply can't be learned from watching videos and answering multiple choice questions. Being a dealership, it felt like we got less perks and benefits than working for corporate.

Pros

Relaxed work envirnment, at times you are able to get Friends and Famliy discount

Cons

Not much upward mobility, no base pay raises, lax standards compared to corporate.

Regretful

No potential for advancement, no flexibility, low wage due to high reliance on commission. Wage expectations set during interview are much higher than reality.

Pros

Employee Phone Plan, Discounted Internet

Cons

Inflexible, low wage, zero room for advancement.

Good mooney, good benefit and flexible hours

Freedom mobile is a great place to start employment if you just came to Canada or are student in University/ College. Really good potential to make money as it is minimum wage plus commissions. And commissions can be more than your hourly wage depending on the store location and your skills. In short if the store is in a heavy traffic area like malls, there is good potential for high commissions as opposed to street front stores. They also give really good benefit package even for part time workers which is great. It covers dental, vision, drugs and massage/physio. Managers are also really kind. They actually care about the employees and always push for their success. Looks like the perfect job, right? Yes there are a few downsides. One is you have to stand for 8 hours(if that is your scheduled hour) even if there are no customers. Secondly, there is almost no chance of growth in terms of career within the company. Most employees usually make money and once they finished school or something, they leave for another job.But I would still recommend this job to almost anyone who is getting started and I'm certain they will enjoy their stay at Freedom.

I have a great team that I am comfortable working with. The benefits are great specially since I am part time.

It's a great place to work specially for part timers. The benefits are exceptional. There are also stock options that you can invest in which is matched at 25% by the parent company Shaw. I'd recommend working here.

Great experience with a few extra benefits

This is a good role for those comfortable with sales. My experience in my own location was great. The training is comprehensive, the benefits were amazing, and the commission structure was good in terms of the extra money it enabled each associate to make. Be warned: if you cannot perform in a competitive environment then this role is not for you. There is a lot of that in the workplace and, if not realistically contextualized, then you will find it difficult and demotivating.

Fun and collaborative work environment

Enjoyed working for the company overall. It was very fun and collaborative, however, the pay for my particular position was not the greatest. The job was a lot of fun though. Management is really good at the company.

Beware of Management

Hired during bust season as extra staff under pretense of lengthy employment. Kept saying will keep for a week after busy week and then suddenly said not continuing with employment. Didn't pay for week worked either.

Interactive and fun

Working at Freedom was a delight! I learned a lot that will carry on with me onto my new endeavors, and I obtained my first managerial position at this job :) !

Engaging and Rewarding

A very simple job to learn as long as your are personable and are capable of some level of extroversion. Compensation is Wage + Commission giving you the opportunity and incentive to work hard to write your own cheque

nice place to work.

long shifts pretty good hours ,nice managment,good place to work,job sometimes get boring,relaxed job, improve skills , learn new everyday. i recommand this job.

Pros

hourly plus communism

Cons

slow days are boring

Fun workplace

Most of the coworker's are good and it's fun and enjoyable to work with them at freedom mobile. Depends which location you work, customers can be a little angry or they can be really good!

Pros

Free phone line, discount on phones

Competitive and Learning organisation

Great company. I enjoyed working there. Had many opportunities to learn and grow. The company has a very diverse workforce and is very respectful of personal choices and preferences

Pros

commission

Cons

na

Work for Corporate...don't work for dealers

Had an opportunity to work with corporate with benefits, but at the time the dealer location was much closer for me. Overall management here was non-existant and always paid me late. Job is a great place to hone your sales and customer service, but not a longterm gig. Turnover rate is high.

Pros

Great start for customer service experience

Cons

Bad management, subpar pay

Job experience working with freedom mobile

overall experience while working with freedom mobile has been fruitful and overwhelming. Being a student and acknowledging the atmosphere of working with wireless industry side by side has proved to be of great importance to me and I seek to learn more and do more while still working here.

Chill job

I've worked at Freedom for a few years now and still quite enjoy it. I usually work on weekends and it is not extremely busy. With experience, all questions customers ask are extremely easy to answer. I don't have too many negatives except when customers storm in with a scratched phone and want to return it. Sometimes these customers try to tell you what's right and are very stubborn.

Pros

Great people to work with, many kind customers, very chill when slow

Cons

Half of the changes in accounts have to be done through customer service

Would love to work there again.

Overall great place to work. Unfortunately my manager was not very efficient but I loved the work. Would definitely work there again and would recommend.

Great company

interesting but too many problems with the network, great community everyone is always trying to help you , free line for the phone also a lot of different benefits

Pros

free line

Cons

too many problems with the phones

no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation

no benefits, no training, you are by yourself for all kinds of situation, i need a job for survive this this why i work for this company for one year and i will leave for it for better option

Pros?

An impression of Freedom Mobile

The team at Freedom Mobile of the Dixie Outlet mall location is very helpful. The company does ensure its employees has all the necessities to live a fulfilled life such as 100% insurance coverage for dental, or prescriptions which is very crucial to those working minimum wage and may not be able to afford such needs. The company could be a little more flexible and reduce the mandatory minimum shifts to stay on the payroll; however, as a whole, I will definitely recommend any sort of employment opportunities with Freedom Mobile.

Private retails

Private retailers they will treat you like dogs. Keeps all commission and bonus and benefits to their self..................................................................

self motivated, loving, respectful

Management was really respectful and treated me with respect, the hardest part of sales and retail is unreasonable customers. other than all that its amazing at work, building a long term relationship with customers would be the best part of my job. My Co workers are all immaculate. I have learned a lot, how to make sales and about retail.

Pros

happy customers

Cons

last minute customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement