Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews

A Good place to work while completing your Education
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2019
Had a great four year experience working and interacting with the customers from such a diverse community. The thing I like most about this workplace is friendly behaviour of Employer with their co-workers and not micro-managing the company.
Pros
Friendly and Co-operative Employer
Cons
Not too satisfied with the new commission structures
Great management team, great rewards
Keyholder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2019
We have a fun team, we get along well and we help each other sell and exceed our goals. Having the option to make extra money via commission is a great incentive to be better and to continue to grow as a sales person. If you help the customer, you will be compensated fairly.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 May 2019
Good Experience learned a lot about products. Had the opportunity to work with great people and also learn how to handle situations easily. Very easy to grow.
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 April 2019
Most of the coworker's are good and it's fun and enjoyable to work with them at freedom mobile.
Depends which location you work, customers can be a little angry or they can be really good!
Pros
Free phone line, discount on phones
Bad work environment and employees
Device Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2019
I worked for Freedom mobile as a contractor and I noticed a lot of technical problems and the employees are not nice either. They make a lot of mistakes so it takes a lot of time to figure it out.
Competitive and Learning organisation
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2019
Great company. I enjoyed working there. Had many opportunities to learn and grow. The company has a very diverse workforce and is very respectful of personal choices and preferences
Pros
commission
Cons
na
Fantastic position and a rewarding place to work at.
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2019
The best wireless company to work for in Canada. Great work environment, amazing plans and employee benefits. Working for freedom mobile was a memorable and fun opportunity.
Pros
Free corporate phone line
Cons
vacation time
One of the best working experiences!!
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2019
Very appreciative and supportive management as long as you work hard. Face new challenges everyday which makes you learn a lot. Fun people to work with.
Pros
Very flexible working conditions
Cons
Salary is average, you can make more on commission.
Not what the name of the company stands for
IP and Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2019
My manager and myself had a tough time dealing with the some of the management especially the director who is a Ph.D as well. Lack of mannerism and arrogance from his end kept my days gloomy as I worked from day to day.
Work well done was my duty and small mistakes were my blunders for which I had to hear for day.
A very challenging environment with not much roam to breath.
I ended up giving up on the job due to health reasons.
Pros
Near the train station
Cons
Lack of good corporate culture
A fun work place with understanding and flexible management
Warranty sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 March 2019
Typical work day would include opening up the store, cashing in, counting phones, making sure all the cases are in order. Then helping out customers with any phone issues or signing them up with Freedom Mobile. All of the employees are very friendly and make the day go by quickly.
Pros
Amazing benefits (dental, prescriptions, physio)
Work for Corporate...don't work for dealers
Retail Sales Associate (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 February 2019
Had an opportunity to work with corporate with benefits, but at the time the dealer location was much closer for me. Overall management here was non-existant and always paid me late.

Job is a great place to hone your sales and customer service, but not a longterm gig. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
Great start for customer service experience
Cons
Bad management, subpar pay
Great work culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2019
A great learning experience, with importance given to the all round development of an employee with an extremely supportive work environment, with a major focus on customer satisfaction.
ended up staying for a few years but always considered leaving
District Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2019
I worked for a dealership and it was different than freedom corporate. The management was based on greed of a person and many people over the years left because of no payments.
Freedom Mobile work environment
Flyer Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Working at Freedom Mobile was a new experience for me and I overall enjoyed it as a first job option. A typical day started off with getting flyers and going around to deliver them. The hardest part about the job overall was just delivering the flyers since the distance that it takes to walk from neighborhood to neighborhood got exhausting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Exhausting
Good for students to part-time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM14 January 2019
Worked in a Freedom Dealer, generally a good job for part-time, but not suitable for whoever wants to start a career. If worked in a dealer, the work environment and job culture highly depends on the boss.
Job experience working with freedom mobile
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  shopper's world - Brampton3 January 2019
overall experience while working with freedom mobile has been fruitful and overwhelming. Being a student and acknowledging the atmosphere of working with wireless industry side by side has proved to be of great importance to me and I seek to learn more and do more while still working here.
A good challenge to put your selling skills to the teest
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 December 2018
Job is good in itself; there is a good balance between working on your own customer service skills and being of help to the company. A lot of resources to use to better your knowledge on the company.
Fast paced work environment
Telecom Sales Representative/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Some days would be slow, while others would be extremely busy. Management quality depends on whether one is employed by a dealer or corporate. Some dealers give the corporate side a bad name.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Greedy dealer management
A good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2018
Over the years this has been a good place to work. However as the company grew and evolved things change. Some for better, some for worse. Lately there has been minimal opportunity to advance.
motivating and goal oriented
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2018
a typical day at work includes opening the store on time and making sure everything is ready and updated for the day, interacting with customers, dealing with transactions, cashing out, creating daily reports and closing the store.
i learned how to easily communicate with customers build customer relations and how to leave them with a pleasant experience.
the hardest part of the job was to deal with customer hesitations but successfully convincing them was the most enjoyable part too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.