Freedom Mobile
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, meet new people

Customer service and sales position. Good commission structure but you still get paid base pay which is equivalent to the minimum wage. At times can be stressful if working alone.

Regretful

No potential for advancement, no flexibility, low wage due to high reliance on commission. Wage expectations set during interview are much higher than reality.

Pros

Employee Phone Plan, Discounted Internet

Cons

Inflexible, low wage, zero room for advancement.

Bad management not work life balance

Employees left due to new poor management team . Play rules , micromanaging, if you are looking for long term jobs I do not recommend you will freak out by their management team and upper boss.

Pros

Free mobile plans

Cons

Too many

Insecure job and no option to grow

Insecure job and no option to grow,Should promote people by their qualification instead of favoring community members. Internal recruitment should be open to all.

Pros

Salary is ok

Cons

Insecure, no scope to grow

Good mooney, good benefit and flexible hours

Freedom mobile is a great place to start employment if you just came to Canada or are student in University/ College. Really good potential to make money as it is minimum wage plus commissions. And commissions can be more than your hourly wage depending on the store location and your skills. In short if the store is in a heavy traffic area like malls, there is good potential for high commissions as opposed to street front stores. They also give really good benefit package even for part time workers which is great. It covers dental, vision, drugs and massage/physio. Managers are also really kind. They actually care about the employees and always push for their success. Looks like the perfect job, right? Yes there are a few downsides. One is you have to stand for 8 hours(if that is your scheduled hour) even if there are no customers. Secondly, there is almost no chance of growth in terms of career within the company. Most employees usually make money and once they finished school or something, they leave for another job.But I would still recommend this job to almost anyone who is getting started and I'm certain they will enjoy their stay at Freedom.

Do not work for them long term

The corporate stores do not care about individuals. They only care about their numbers. If you are below management position you are looked down on and replaceable.

Cons

Bad management

Toxic work place. Developed anxiety working here

My first manager at Freedom Mobile created a toxic work place.The hours for this role make it hard to balance work/lifeVery stressful at times, especially being customer facing.I felt very undervalued and not appreciated. No opportunities to move within the company because I excelled at my position. No incentives to work hard

Pros

Good benefits, free phone plan, location of head office

Cons

Bad management, bad work/life balance, toxic work place.

Overall decent place to work.

So I worked for a Freedom Mobile dealership, and it wasn't a corporate store.There was no on-site manager but help was always a phone call away.But that lead to a very relaxed environment. Training was done online but there is a lot of stuff that simply can't be learned from watching videos and answering multiple choice questions. Being a dealership, it felt like we got less perks and benefits than working for corporate.

Pros

Relaxed work envirnment, at times you are able to get Friends and Famliy discount

Cons

Not much upward mobility, no base pay raises, lax standards compared to corporate.

Very Pushy Sales manager

ProsA decent experience overall, benefits which is rare to see for such an entry level job and opportunity for commission. Great job for students. Coworkers are nice and easy to get along with. Pressure to meet sales targets and little consistency between departments can be frustrating

I have a great team that I am comfortable working with. The benefits are great specially since I am part time.

It's a great place to work specially for part timers. The benefits are exceptional. There are also stock options that you can invest in which is matched at 25% by the parent company Shaw. I'd recommend working here.

Poor management and no transparency in Payrolls

If I wanna write then there will not be any pros but the list of cons will be full.No management,No transparency,No respect,It is a sales job but the commission is nothing compares to actual corporate stores of freedom mobile.

Feeling proud to be a part of Freedom Mobile

Recommend to all if you want to work in fast paced then this is the time to go with it...you can take it as a suggestion or advice...Hope it will be beneficial for you

Great place to work if you really enjoy sales, customer service, and tech knowledge

My time with the company has been nothing short of amazing. However, if you're a go-getter, your work and home life balance will not balance out. There are always some aspects you will take home with you. Overall, it is a fantastic experience and a great stepping stone on the road to something bigger. I've got a large family and unfortunately, I've had to put in some serious hours to clear enough to make it in the city I live in. It greatly helped though when it came time to get commission payouts. But that depends on you. How hard you're willing to work to deliver top tier service to EVERY customer that walks into your store. As long as you're honest with them and show your human side, you'll sell well and that earns you great money.

Pros

Fantastic way to get involved in something bigger later on, Great pay and commission structures. Family oriented, and a great business structure.

Cons

Not much time to yourself away from your work

Productive Workplace

A typical day at work is fast paced and customer facing. Problem solving and sales is the most enjoyable part of the job.The management is awesome! Love working in this competitive enviorment.

Productive place to work

Typical Day at Work: Every day brings its own set of challenges, however, the management and in particular the colleagues are supportive and cooperative What I learnt: Nokia is the vendor for wireless network and Service now is the cloud based CRM tool being used. Good hands on experience on these tools

Great job if you don’t ever want to go anywhere

Great job not a lot required but if you think you can work harder to get a promotion or even a raise good luck. Worked my butt off for months training tons of people (lots of turn over) I never once was thanked or given a review or raise.

Pros

Don’t have to do much

Cons

No appreciation

fun workplace

very pleasant workplace, management and colleagues are super helpful, the direct manager will guide through your career path and give you the proper advice to success,

The dealer stores are not fair

There was respect or any job security and They didn’t allow me to have a social life outside of work, so I had to quit for my mental. There was also no diversity at work

Day to day tasks

Perform day to day administration of the ITSM tool. Participate in daily Scrum meetings and regular sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings

They are traitors

Will not recommend anyone to join this company. The management is selfish and there is no direction given to the employee. The company is good but the people who are working there for years feel as if they own the company.

Worst company ever

Thieves! They will steal your money, stay away. Worst work experience ever, don’t work for these pigs. They don’t care about you they just want everyone’s money

Pros

Cons

Thieves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement