Freedom Mobile
View all Freedom Mobile reviews

Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile Employee Review

It's a great place to work specially for part timers. The benefits are exceptional. There are also stock options that you can invest in which is matched at 25% by the parent company Shaw. I'd recommend working here.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Regretful

No potential for advancement, no flexibility, low wage due to high reliance on commission. Wage expectations set during interview are much higher than reality.

Pros

Employee Phone Plan, Discounted Internet

Cons

Inflexible, low wage, zero room for advancement.
Same role

Good mooney, good benefit and flexible hours

Freedom mobile is a great place to start employment if you just came to Canada or are student in University/ College. Really good potential to make money as it is minimum wage plus commissions. And commissions can be more than your hourly wage depending on the store location and your skills. In short if the store is in a heavy traffic area like malls, there is good potential for high commissions as opposed to street front stores. They also give really good benefit package even for part time workers which is great. It covers dental, vision, drugs and massage/physio. Managers are also really kind. They actually care about the employees and always push for their success. Looks like the perfect job, right? Yes there are a few downsides. One is you have to stand for 8 hours(if that is your scheduled hour) even if there are no customers. Secondly, there is almost no chance of growth in terms of career within the company. Most employees usually make money and once they finished school or something, they leave for another job.But I would still recommend this job to almost anyone who is getting started and I'm certain they will enjoy their stay at Freedom.
Same location

Fun workplace with opportunity to grow

While the workplace is definitely competitive (because of the commission aspect), everyone collaborates very well and works as a team. There are targets, and one must try their best to achieve them but all the tools necessary are provided. Freedom Mobile is hands down one of, if not the best company I've worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Freedom Mobile with

• Freedom Mobile
  • I have a great team that I am comfortable working with. The benefits are great specially since I am part time.