Freedom Mobile
View all Freedom Mobile reviews

Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile Employee Review

Engaging and Rewarding

A very simple job to learn as long as your are personable and are capable of some level of extroversion. Compensation is Wage + Commission giving you the opportunity and incentive to work hard to write your own cheque

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Regretful

No potential for advancement, no flexibility, low wage due to high reliance on commission. Wage expectations set during interview are much higher than reality.

Pros

Employee Phone Plan, Discounted Internet

Cons

Inflexible, low wage, zero room for advancement.
Same role

Good mooney, good benefit and flexible hours

Freedom mobile is a great place to start employment if you just came to Canada or are student in University/ College. Really good potential to make money as it is minimum wage plus commissions. And commissions can be more than your hourly wage depending on the store location and your skills. In short if the store is in a heavy traffic area like malls, there is good potential for high commissions as opposed to street front stores. They also give really good benefit package even for part time workers which is great. It covers dental, vision, drugs and massage/physio. Managers are also really kind. They actually care about the employees and always push for their success. Looks like the perfect job, right? Yes there are a few downsides. One is you have to stand for 8 hours(if that is your scheduled hour) even if there are no customers. Secondly, there is almost no chance of growth in terms of career within the company. Most employees usually make money and once they finished school or something, they leave for another job.But I would still recommend this job to almost anyone who is getting started and I'm certain they will enjoy their stay at Freedom.
Same roleSame location

Interactive and fun

Working at Freedom was a delight! I learned a lot that will carry on with me onto my new endeavors, and I obtained my first managerial position at this job :) !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement