Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews

So I worked for a Freedom Mobile dealership, and it wasn't a corporate store.There was no on-site manager but help was always a phone call away.But that lead to a very relaxed environment. Training was done online but there is a lot of stuff that simply can't be learned from watching videos and answering multiple choice questions. Being a dealership, it felt like we got less perks and benefits than working for corporate.
Pros
Relaxed work envirnment, at times you are able to get Friends and Famliy discount
Cons
Not much upward mobility, no base pay raises, lax standards compared to corporate.
My first manager at Freedom Mobile created a toxic work place.The hours for this role make it hard to balance work/lifeVery stressful at times, especially being customer facing.I felt very undervalued and not appreciated. No opportunities to move within the company because I excelled at my position. No incentives to work hard
Pros
Good benefits, free phone plan, location of head office
Cons
Bad management, bad work/life balance, toxic work place.
ProsA decent experience overall, benefits which is rare to see for such an entry level job and opportunity for commission. Great job for students. Coworkers are nice and easy to get along with. Pressure to meet sales targets and little consistency between departments can be frustrating
It's a great place to work specially for part timers. The benefits are exceptional. There are also stock options that you can invest in which is matched at 25% by the parent company Shaw. I'd recommend working here.
If I wanna write then there will not be any pros but the list of cons will be full.No management,No transparency,No respect,It is a sales job but the commission is nothing compares to actual corporate stores of freedom mobile.
Recommend to all if you want to work in fast paced then this is the time to go with it...you can take it as a suggestion or advice...Hope it will be beneficial for you
My time with the company has been nothing short of amazing. However, if you're a go-getter, your work and home life balance will not balance out. There are always some aspects you will take home with you. Overall, it is a fantastic experience and a great stepping stone on the road to something bigger. I've got a large family and unfortunately, I've had to put in some serious hours to clear enough to make it in the city I live in. It greatly helped though when it came time to get commission payouts. But that depends on you. How hard you're willing to work to deliver top tier service to EVERY customer that walks into your store. As long as you're honest with them and show your human side, you'll sell well and that earns you great money.
Pros
Fantastic way to get involved in something bigger later on, Great pay and commission structures. Family oriented, and a great business structure.
Cons
Not much time to yourself away from your work
A typical day at work is fast paced and customer facing. Problem solving and sales is the most enjoyable part of the job.The management is awesome! Love working in this competitive enviorment.
Typical Day at Work: Every day brings its own set of challenges, however, the management and in particular the colleagues are supportive and cooperative What I learnt: Nokia is the vendor for wireless network and Service now is the cloud based CRM tool being used. Good hands on experience on these tools
Great job not a lot required but if you think you can work harder to get a promotion or even a raise good luck. Worked my butt off for months training tons of people (lots of turn over) I never once was thanked or given a review or raise.
Pros
Don’t have to do much
Cons
No appreciation
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Freedom Mobile?
very pleasant workplace, management and colleagues are super helpful, the direct manager will guide through your career path and give you the proper advice to success,
There was respect or any job security and They didn’t allow me to have a social life outside of work, so I had to quit for my mental. There was also no diversity at work
Perform day to day administration of the ITSM tool. Participate in daily Scrum meetings and regular sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings
Will not recommend anyone to join this company. The management is selfish and there is no direction given to the employee. The company is good but the people who are working there for years feel as if they own the company.
Thieves! They will steal your money, stay away. Worst work experience ever, don’t work for these pigs. They don’t care about you they just want everyone’s money
Pros
Cons
Thieves
This is a good role for those comfortable with sales. My experience in my own location was great. The training is comprehensive, the benefits were amazing, and the commission structure was good in terms of the extra money it enabled each associate to make. Be warned: if you cannot perform in a competitive environment then this role is not for you. There is a lot of that in the workplace and, if not realistically contextualized, then you will find it difficult and demotivating.
No formal training provided during onboarding. Managers had narcasistic personality traits. No goals were set, almost no communications, emails go unanswered. Highly unprofessional management with almost no ethics. Some great people in other teams and areas but not where I worked.
Would surely recommend to work for Freedom Mobile. You definately need high patience to manager the work place and every day you can learn something new and to solve those issues is the best part.
Overall management is properly involved with the employees regarding workplace issues,competitors,and achievement of sales target. Proper involvement of staff in a team meeting with 100% attendance and involvement.
Pros
commissions on sales
Cons
locations
While the workplace is definitely competitive (because of the commission aspect), everyone collaborates very well and works as a team. There are targets, and one must try their best to achieve them but all the tools necessary are provided. Freedom Mobile is hands down one of, if not the best company I've worked for.
Very stressful and fast paced, not recomended for any students with a heavy workload. Great comission, and wonderful staff many wich i am still in contact with.
  1. Employee reviews