Work wellbeing score is 71 out of 100

Freedom Mobile Employee Reviews

Canada203 reviews

freedomcommissiondealersalecustomcorporatestorephone

Good benefits; good environment

Working here I learned a lot about the sales experience, good commission structure and offers benefits for part time employees which is a huge bonus. Great job

Sale department

We all spend more time at work than we do with our loved ones at home and I am just so thankful that my work family is so amazing. It truly makes my time away from my home family worthwhile and enjoyable. I have never worked for another company that makes me feel so much a part of the team. Even though I am one of 1000+ employees at Gregg's, the staff, the management and the company make me feel so important and appreciated. I feel that I can make a difference here. I am so much more than just another number. I love that I am given the chance to speak up in meetings and provide input. My opinion matters and I get rewarded for what I put into my career. The positivity is awesome and the team is amazing. My home family is everything to me and it's my work family that allows me to provide for my family and make my dreams for them a reality!

A tiring and stressful work environment

This job is as okay if you don't mind working for the bare minimum. The hardest part is that we are expected to help 3-4 or more customers at a time, making it difficult to give satisfactory customer service in all interactions. It's also difficult to feel valued when higher ups only care about the bottom line and how the brand appears, rather than how it functions as a whole, and employee happiness. As the job is an essential service, it's open 365 days a year so schedule can be unoptimal and may cause days off to be during the week, such as wed/Thurs off.Best part of the job is the people I work with and direct supervisor, but upper management is completely out of touch with Frontline agents/customer needs. High turnover rate.Benefits are pretty good, pay is decent comparatively, but hard to swallow with the expectations from higher ups.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Expected to handle multiple conversations at a time, poor work life balance

Best

Outstanding service at the cell phone store! Friendly staff, wide selection, and expert advice. They made upgrading a breeze. Highly recommended! 5//5

Run away from this company

Very stressful environment. Low salary. No place for advancement. Overtime is mandatory . overtime in weekends and national holidays . Working there is a waste of time ,Management dont care of employees Management offer low salaries and they exploit and manipulate employees. Run away from this company and all Mobile Networks companies in Canada. They all the worst careers. always short of staff and have un realistic and wrong exceptions management sit in air conditioned offices while demand employees work hard in all environment.

Insights into Freedom Mobile

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Tough but rewarding

It's a tough, fast paced sales environment and your situation is fully dependent on the manager you have. You'll either hate it or love it. One thing is for certain, if you put in the work, you'll get rewarded through commission. I grew a lot here and loved my experience, through the good and bad times and made lifelong friends.

Commission was cool, some coworkers ok

Didn’t hate my time at FM. Management wasn’t that great. It could be worse though. I’ve most definitely had worse. I’ll miss it. But I’m glad I left it that makes sense

Great training and good work life balance

It was very chill and everyone was very nice. The commission is reasonable and they offered a lot of training for various different tasks. Overall, I would recommend working here!

Not fun

Bad communication there is nothing there to help employees get started on the on-boarding process , other companies pay better then freedom , stay away

Have worked for freedom mobile since it was wind mobile. Workload keeps getting bigger but pay isn't. Other than that, they treat their employees really well. Part time reps get benefits. Benefits are some of the best I've ever had. There's no real opportunity to advance after being a store manager unless you move to head office. Interested to see how Videotron owning freedom will impact us.

Good job to start

Lots of benefits and perks; the commission is alright if you work at a busy location. However, depending on where you work, the job can have a lot of downtime.

Awesome place to work

Working for Freedom Mobile in Abbotsford, BC has been an amazing experience! The company's affordable plans, reliable coverage, and excellent customer support make selling their services a breeze. It's gratifying to see satisfied customers embracing the value they get. #FreedomMobile #AbbotsfordBC

Great place to work!

A very relaxed company culture compared to other telecom companies. A great part time gig, and all employees can get benefits (health insurance, free phone line)

Fun workplace

Overall its a fun palce to work at, with loads of walk in clients d3pending on which location you are working at. There are usually some problems with the customer service department but other than that it is a great amateur sales job.

Good first job

Good for a first job. Minimum wage plus commission. Requires good customer service. Can’t always meet target since you don’t control customers walking in. Good benefits

Fun Workplace

One significant con is the issue of layoffs. Freedom Mobile has experienced layoffs in the past, which can create uncertainty and job instability for employees. This aspect may be a concern for those seeking long-term job security.Another drawback is the limited room for growth within the company. Opportunities for career advancement may be limited, and there may be a lack of clear pathways for professional development.

Great leadership

District to store level, they have fantastic leaders. The training is very thorough and ensures you are properly prepared for when the time comes to hit the sales floor

Great company

Great company to work for, good commission, lots of foot traffic. Flexible hours and good people to work with. Management is good as well but higher ups don't do much.

Fun Environment

Great managers, really accepting. coworkers are really nice and it’s a good environment to sell in (no stealiing commission etc) great perks, and insurance.

It was a pay check

At first I loved my job benefits were fabulous. Lots of gossiping happened there. Management played favourites, there wasn't much support for the really bad books.

ok place to work

working as the sale at the phone store sometimes you might need to work on Sunday as well, the pay is soso , and there is not many things you could learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement