Fred Victor Employee Reviews

i enjoy saving lives
harm reduction worker (Current Employee) –  queen street eastToronto, ON20 August 2018
great team regular shift hours. busy environment working with marginalized people in the safe injection site is makingan impact i enjoy being part of the solution of the opioid crisis
Cons
late hours
Hostile Work Environment
Peer Support Worker (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
The Fred Victor Emergency Respite was very poorly managed, with supervisors showing little regard for either frontline staff or residents of the shelter. Training was non-existent, front-line staff were expected to work without formal contracts and ever-extending "contract end dates" made for a culture of fear and little-to-no job security.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
12 hour shifts, daily violence with poorly trained security
Upper management is out of touch with how hard the front line staff work to make things happen
Mental Health and Jusice Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
Fred Victor does a lot of work to assist people who are the most vulnerable in the community. It is a fast paced environment in the community programs and housing - hard work but very rewarding if one is into social justice work.
Frontline Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Provided supportive counsel for female women who were homeless, abused, suffered mental illness, new immigrants and few refugees, Cooked, handled medication, did administrative work such as write-up reports, faxed, intake and discharge.

Co-workers were a good team.

The hardest part was providing crisis management when physical fights broke out.

Most enjoyable was seeing a client progressed from level to a higher.
Pros
The shelter was near to where I lived, so never had to take transporation.
Cons
Not being able to make a bigger difference in the shelter system
Interesting,
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  toronto19 June 2015
Helped with the women, gave them food, counselling, and items they may need.

I learned about helping people to make a positive influence in their life, by motivating them.
productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2013
To be honest, I think my job is very easy. Maybe it is my personality reason. I am a detailed-oriented and accurate person with strong logical thinking, so I never make errors in my role. I enjoy working here but want to leave because there is no room to grow up in the institution. Now I have almost completed the CGA program study and am expecting that my career will also move ahead.