Fred Victor

Fred Victor Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Wish I had staff with grid Victor. The pay stubs as competitive, the only draw back was they where asking to much from staff.
The clients that you work with where complex and should off had more addictions specialist insight:
Loved the work, and the clients. The work culture, atmosphere, and management not so much. Really depends where you work as each location is very different.
Not too stressful, to make mult- cultural food, and time management, the hardest part is food delivery the most enjoyable is customer's satisfaction.
My experience since working at Fred Victor has surpassed my expectations. The site I work out of Mon-Fri is amazing beyond words. Level of support from management and colleagues is undeniably astounding which allows myself to be more productive in my day to encounters with the community I serve and when there are issues that you’ve never experienced you can always count that a colleague has already dealt with the same situation and is able to provide direction. Across the board organization wise our sole purpose is to ensure everyone has the ability to access housing and support them to maintain their housing. One day at a time and one person at at time we are assisting to end homelessness.
Pros
Supportive Team Environment
Cons
N/a
fred victor has many programs, from court support, shelters, housing, employment as well as community support.

each program has its skills, challenges and happiness.

part of a union, some managers are awesome others not so much.

overall its an enjoyable work environment.

it can be challenging working with clients and the community; your personality will make a huge difference on how you relate to clients, community and staff.

the team I am currently on is the best, manager is awesome, coworkers are fabulous and the clients/community are pleasant.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
gossip
great team regular shift hours. busy environment working with marginalized people in the safe injection site is makingan impact i enjoy being part of the solution of the opioid crisis
Cons
late hours
The Fred Victor Emergency Respite was very poorly managed, with supervisors showing little regard for either frontline staff or residents of the shelter. Training was non-existent, front-line staff were expected to work without formal contracts and ever-extending "contract end dates" made for a culture of fear and little-to-no job security.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
12 hour shifts, daily violence with poorly trained security
Fred Victor does a lot of work to assist people who are the most vulnerable in the community. It is a fast paced environment in the community programs and housing - hard work but very rewarding if one is into social justice work.
Provided supportive counsel for female women who were homeless, abused, suffered mental illness, new immigrants and few refugees, Cooked, handled medication, did administrative work such as write-up reports, faxed, intake and discharge.

Co-workers were a good team.

The hardest part was providing crisis management when physical fights broke out.

Most enjoyable was seeing a client progressed from level to a higher.
Pros
The shelter was near to where I lived, so never had to take transporation.
Cons
Not being able to make a bigger difference in the shelter system
Helped with the women, gave them food, counselling, and items they may need.

I learned about helping people to make a positive influence in their life, by motivating them.
To be honest, I think my job is very easy. Maybe it is my personality reason. I am a detailed-oriented and accurate person with strong logical thinking, so I never make errors in my role. I enjoy working here but want to leave because there is no room to grow up in the institution. Now I have almost completed the CGA program study and am expecting that my career will also move ahead.