Fraserway RV
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Fraserway RV Employee Reviews

Humble Hungry Smart ,,, what a joke

These are the new words that top management want everyone to live by but it seems the last thing they do themselves. A real shame as they are great attributes. If I gave more details on where i worked, that place might suffer and since my reason for not being there was top management, it effects the whole company not just one location

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

upper management doesn't give a darn about their underlings

24 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback as this is valuable for us to continue to make improvements. At Fraserway, we look to all of our team members to live and lead with our Values and this starts with management.All team members are encouraged to bring their concerns forward and our People & Culture teamis always ready to listen, offer support and guidance. We hope that you did bring forward yourconcerns so we could try to make a difference. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Fraserway RV.

Fast paced & fun work environment

The team I worked with was fantastic. RV customers can be challenging sometimes to deal with but having a great team around you makes this easier to deal with. When it’s busy (which is most of the time), time really flies by. My only negative is that the pay was just okay. The team I worked with worked hard and I trusted them to get the job done.

Pros

Great teammates, time flies, Monthly staff appreciation lunches

Cons

Pay was just ok

6 October 2021
Thank you for making a difference! It was great to have you as part of the team. Fraserway RV

Productive place to work

Was a very nice place to work, even the owner came down every day to say high and personally talk to every employee and there was over 50 .lots of fun with the great staff they had at the time.

Pros

Lots of freebies

Cons

Can't think of any

24 September 2021
Thank you for being part of the Fraserway family and it's great to hear you enjoyed being with us and had fun! Fraserway RV

Average place w/ good people to work with and below average mangement

Worked there for 2 year as full time and came back 2 time for summer jobs different positions. Started off as a detailer. Detailing is very very repetitive and you aren't really a detailer, you are more of a glorified cleaner at best. The sales manager is considered the manager of detail and although they are a great sales manager, they are an awful detail manager, as they maybe came back to check up on detail 2 time in the 2 year I was a detailer. They have a history of hiring awful detail supervisors. They seem like they dont care about detail and just want to past their responsibilities to the supervisor and have nothing to do with detail. The people you work with within detail can make the job fun or can make the job very unpleasant. I was also the lot attendant for 2 summers. Lot attendant can be a very fun job, you get to drive large equipment and move expensive rv's around which not everyone can do. They are very understanding if you damage a unit as accidents do and will happen. Although it can get pretty boring sometimes as you can only organize the lot so much and after you have unit ready to get swapped you are sometimes left there doing nothing. You are asked to help tech's out but unless you have rv experience it can be hard to do so as most jobs only require one person. The new production manager is a great person and very nice and fits their new position very well. The fix operation manager for service and parts is very nice when work is calm and things are easy going, although; when things start to get busy they do expect to much from people and can get bit -

Pros

Free lunches, coworkers

Cons

Mangement

24 September 2021
You have shared a lot of information here - thank you. We'll certainly take your feedback into consideration. Our CEO actually cares very much about all employees but is always open to hear about ways to improve. We appreciate your candour. Fraserway RV

Review the Reviews: current or former employees?

all the positive reviews are current employees while all the bad ones are former employees which could be sour grapes . but many of the ones that aren't great talk about bad management -- is this top management or local management? I think it is top management not having a clue about local management as the ask things of locations that are unrealistic because they haven't got a clue what its like day in and day out in a local place.

24 September 2021
Thanks for your comments - we believe that what's been missing has been better communication and we're working on that for sure! Now that we can travel again, we'll be able to visit more and hear from all our employees too. Fraserway RV

Poor Culture/Outdated Systems & Processes

The actual work environment/culture is a far cry from the "Humble, hardworking and hungry" values that they preach. I experienced some seedy service department/customer complaint issues they tried to pass off as sales opportunities. Despite being a national company, they continue to use multiple outdated software programs with no real standard operating procedures in place. Lack of care and accountability in management. I would not recommend Fraserway RV as a positive workplace.

24 September 2021
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Ensuring our team members have the tools and resources to successfully do their jobs is very important to us. We have invested in technology and system upgrades, including a dedicated role to document our processes and procedures. Humble, Hungry and Smart are our core values and we always strive to do the right thing. Our People & Culture team are always available to listen and offer support and guidance and we hope thatyou brought forward your concerns. Fraserway RV

Bad place with bad management

Bad place with bad staffing and management. Company has a bad reputation for treating employees like dogs and not caring about them. You will be put down by other co workers and be littler by managers. Stay away!

24 September 2021
We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. We want all our team to feel valued and appreciated so we are encouraging everyone to help create a culture that demonstrates this. . Our People & Culture team are always available to listen and offer support and guidance and we hope that you brought forward your concerns. Fraserway RV

Excellent place to work

Working at Fraserway has been a great experience, my opinion and knowledge is valued and respected. My home-life balance is important to my manager and taken into consideration.

Pros

Monthly staff lunches

24 September 2021
This is great to hear! We are working to ensure our culture allows everyone to feel valued and to have a voice. Thanks for sharing your experience. Fraserway RV

Fast-paced, collaborative, and high-energy work environment.

I love working here! The energy is high and the team is super. Management cares about input from all levels and believe in investing in their workers and communities. I would highly recommend Fraserway RV to those considering a career that is high-energy, collaborative, and with plenty of room to grow and advance.

Pros

Free Lunches, Collaborative Teams, Good Benefits, Opportunities to grow/advance

Cons

Seasonal hours (very busy during summer months)

24 September 2021
It's great to hear this as we definitely want all of our team members to feel appreciated and to know they have a voice. Each employee plays a very important role at Fraserway RV - glad to have you with us. Fraserway RV

Think twice before you apply !

A very toxic work environment. Down the food chain you will be promised lots of things during the busy time, but at the end of season you are no more or less than a statistical HR "employee number " with no face attached to it hence many long time employees leaving Tons of better opportunities out there especially with the competitors ! Pay = peanutssalary increase = nonexistent no matter how hard or long you work

Pros

day goes by fast

Cons

lots, lots and I really mean LOTS !

Growth Opportunities

There's a lot of opportunity for growth at this company. As long as you share your goals and what you're looking for, the support from management is there. Co-workers are very dedicated to doing their best; it is very much a team environment.The social action at the company is very evident.

Pros

Monthly staff lunches, matching RRSP, corporate partnerships

Cons

No sick days

24 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback as this is valuable for us to continue to make improvements. At Fraserway, we look to all of our team members to live and lead with our Values and this starts with management. All team members are encouraged to bring their concerns forward and our People & Culture team is always ready to listen, offer support and guidance. We hope that you did bring forward your concerns so we could try to make a difference. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Fraserway RV

Great place to work, supported, opportunity to advance, great atmosphere

I really enjoy working at Fraserway RV. People are promoted within often and there is lots of room for advancement or growth. There's a lot of long time employees because they really enjoy working here. It is very busy in summertime but the team works well together to make it a positive place. They have great benefits and a staff price to rent an RV They also have a bursary program and training available. I really enjoy the staff lunches and the different things they do to recognize employees.

Pros

Lunches, RV rental, Training, Good Benefits

Cons

Wages are ok, could be better.

24 September 2021
It's great to hear this - and we're very happy to have you as part of the Fraserway RV family. We're always looking for feedback so we can improve but it's also good to know that the benefits we have in place make a difference. Thank you for sharing. Fraserway RV

Service technician

Very poor management in airdrie. Ceo hasn't done a surprise visit at all. I worked there for around 10 years. It was a great place to work at the start then the place changed.They need to have leaders with a leadership plan for managers instead of bullies. Very disappointing and stressful location to work now. I would seriously have second thoughts working here unless they make big changes .

Pros

None .all the good people are gone.

Cons

Bully bosses, very stressful work atmosphere. The owner needs to be more involved .

24 September 2021
We're sorry to hear this and we do appreciate you sharing your feedback. It's valuable as it enables us to continue to make improvements. All team members are encouraged to bring their concerns forward and our People & Culture teamis always ready to listen, offer support and guidance. We hope that you did bring forward yourconcerns so we could try to make a difference. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Fraserway RV

Bad management

Not the company they profess to be. In their mission statement they state employees are their asset; not true. You are just a number who is pushed to the limit. You give 100% and who gets rewarded? Not you! Manager does because they somehow pushed you to achieve this. After being there for over 10 years I chose to leave due to poor management. The service department is run by someone who has no idea how to run a RV shop, and does not have the personality to handle customer service. The GM tries to tell you his door is always open but he doesn’t really listen or for that matter care what you have to say. You are just a lower-level peon and do not have the intelligence to make any contribution, this is only reserved for “management”. At one time it was a great company to work for but changes were made and GOOD people who have worked there for years have left or been let go. It is almost as if they want you to quit so they don’t have to pay any severance, they don’t seem to care. I don’t think the owner knows or maybe doesn’t care what is happening. Unless you are desperate, I wouldn’t work there again; keep your eyes open for other opportunities, there are better companies to work for.

Pros

Fellow employees

Cons

Very poor management

Great team across the board

Manage support while learning the details of the job. Best type of training - base background training then the most effective type - on the spot support as needed. Also periodic training and discussions - weekly during busy season. Great team to work with - such a fun environment. My immediate team all help each other out. All the other teams work well together. Can not say enough about the people - awesome. We all buckle down and get the job done. During busy RV season it can get crazy but again we all support each other and create a great environment for us and our customers - I think they can feel how fun we are having and how much we enjoy RVs and our products.

Pros

Always new product to see and learn about. Lots of collaboration.

Cons

Busy season can be crazy, not really a con but be prepared to work had, if you have the right attitude this can be a PRO not a CON.

Fun and enjoyable place to work

Having worked in Hospitality for a long time , the transition to working at Fraserway RV has been a very positive experience for me. I had no experience working in the RV business but my GM and coworkers were very helpful and patient. I enjoy coming to work. It's never a dull day :-)

Pros

Statutory holidays off

Good people doing a great job. Customers are looked after to the best of there ability. When you get overwhelmed there are other team members jumping in to help out. Positive for communication with other staff members to keep the moral up and enjoying your time with the position your in.Cheers!

Pros

Great staff, great job.

Fast paced work environment, amazing coworkers.

Fraserway is one of the larger RV dealerships in Canada. A benefit to such a large company with many locations is having the possibility to move locations across Canada depending on where life may take you, and staying within the company. As like every other other company, there is always pros and cons. Working here has been beneficial in regards to my schooling and having the ability to be challenged in my respected field. Coworkers will always have your back, management is becoming better as the company is developing and working out a new and better system. Some may consider a con of the job to be how fast paced the environment is, however every day flies by and if you can handle the busyness then it can turn into a good aspect of the job. Every day is different, there is always something going on and always something to do. In regards to pay, everyone these days thinks they’re underpaid no matter where they work, Fraserway pays pretty well. I do enjoy working here, and I am hopeful to what the future at Fraserway holds as these new management aspects are slowly rolled out. I would recommend working here. The people I work with makes every day enjoyable!

Pros

Coworkers, new management

Cons

Pay is alright

Toxic

People are very territorial and set in their ways, there is no team, every department is separate. The customer is never right. Frustrating place to work

Pros

Cons

Toxic

Manager was so two faced

Service department ripped off customers for repairs,The dealership doesn’t stand up for what they sell, even after repairs done to customers unit , they would also come back for the same issues.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Service manager

Not a good place to work

Not a good place management dont have a clue. If your not in the click u will probably be let go. Service manager is an idiot. Thinks he's all that. He likes to bully and like to talk about his staff with other staff members. I was there for a year and tried to get into parts from detailing. Then they hired someone apparently for a month then moved her to parts. She was only suppose to be temporary but got moved up to parts within that month....they are all phony...sales are the laziest group i have ever seen in my years of working.... the service girls do watever they want but nobody else can. They dont care about any of their staff at all. I was in detail for a year by myself no help hired during the busy season....just ridiculous.... if ur looking for a job DONT apply here.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraserway RV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8