Fraserway RV Employee Reviews

Bad experience
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 June 2018
Owner knows nothing about how terrible the management are and two faced and the reason nobody wants to work there and they can’t find employees is bad upper managers micromanage and most middle managers have no power even if they have more skills and experience than uPper managers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
General Manager and head office has elite attitude
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB20 April 2018
I really enjoyed the management and the company. They allowed us a week off in the summer which a lot of RV dealerships do not. The pay wasn't the greatest but benefits were paid for.
Pros
Week off in the summer was allowed
Cons
Pay wasn't as good as some
Great co workers horrible GM and Managers
General (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 March 2018
Heavy work load with minimal pay. The GM will smile and treat you nice to your face and then turn around and fire you for standing up for yourself. Saying to every person they let go which is at least one person a month and these are great employees “your not the right fit” This company boast they care about their employees but they only care about the bottom line, money. They give plenty to charities yet treat their employees horrible. Everyone is stressed out from over working with no recognition.
Plenty of Opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 February 2018
This Company is growing, evolving, and responding to employee and industry wants and needs. Exciting to get in and see the progressive minded leadership. I can see lots of opportunity for employees to move up the ranks. Good attitude and fresh perspective is welcomed!
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Opportunities, Growth, Multiple locations across Canada
Cons
Internal Communication
Great company to work for
Rentals Manager (Current Employee) –  Airdrie-AB15 February 2018
Fraserway RV is a wonderful company to work for with great benefits. Each location is unique to the success of the Operations.

The Rentals side is an amazing place to work for. The customers coming from around Europe and North America renting an RV for a holiday and fulfilling their bucket list is rewarding.
Pros
Family Oriented Business - Great Values
Excellent benefits package
Administration (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2018
I am a long time employee who has really enjoyed working with the team at Fraserway Abbotsford. Always growing and expanding, it has been challenging and interesting along the way. Never a dull moment so the day goes by fast. Benefits are great, full medical, 80% prescription and dental, eyeglasses $200.
Some opportunities for advancement for some jobs. Some seasonal work but mostly it is 40 hours a week year round.
Come join us!
Pros
Benefits are great. Can transfer to another position or location within the company.
Cons
Only one week of vacation allowed to be taken in July & August, Other vacation must be taken throughout the school year.
Busy RV store in spring and summer, however seasonal
RV Departmemt Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2018
busy environment in spring and summer, however seasonal, variety of things to do, benefits included staff lunches on a monthly basis, some difficult staff to work with
Pros
Staff lunches, Variety of tasks
Cons
some poor senior managers and staff
Was ok
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 December 2017
Was an okay place to work. Quite a few staff and most are great people. Seeing the newest lines of rvs is interesting. Deal with some great people at the manufacturers as well! 👍🏻
Benefits
Cons
Management demand that you do unreasonable things
fraserway RV Stoney plain Road
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
Okay place of work, Staff was friendly and the regular customer were awesome.
I didn't have any formal training, so I taught myself.
Gained lots of knowledge regarding RV'S
Also married employee's should not be working together.
Pros
free lunch at the end of the month
Cons
Back stabbing manager
Great Company
National Parts Receiver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 July 2017
Great company to work for, benefits are spectacular, the people are very friendly and respectful. Work is very busy. Once a month there was a staff lunch, once a month one department would be chosen to prep/organize the big luncheon. Very fun and good environment. During the luncheon, Upper management would recognize certain people for their long standing work with the company, and new staff.
Great place to learn
Recreational Vehicle parts store manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford British Columbia17 July 2017
My jobs changed during my time there. The first 3 years was more of the office bookkeeping and HR roles. The last 3 years as manager of the recreational vehicle parts store added to my experience.
Fun, busy and learn alot
Oil & Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON10 July 2017
Overall Fraserway RV is the place to be, everyone is friendly, everyone knows what to do and the experience and the relationships you get along the way are great
Very relaxed, almost familial atmosphere.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 May 2017
Management was approachable and supportive.
Medical and dental benefits were second to none.
The more you could do the more appreciated you were.
Just about any friction or tension could be chalked up to the company having a very close knit almost family atmosphere.
Pros
Staff get togethers, coupons, excellent work/life balance, supportive coworkers, potlucks, BBQs, etc . . .
Cons
There were just a few bad apples.
MANUFACTURE PARTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 November 2016
Fraserway rv has taught me a lot about Rv's, how they work and how to fix them. What parts they need ect, I have learned to look chaos in the eyes and handle it like a pro.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
location
Great place to work - fantastic people.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 January 2016
Fast paced, flying by the seat of your pants most days - time goes by fast.
enjoyed working with customers as a service advisor. Very rewarding when customers are happy, and digging deep into my personality to make unhappy customers, just a bit happier.

My co-workers are like family - great bunch of people.

Hardest part of my job would be keeping up to date and following up with customers - challenging, but again, rewarding when things flow properly.

Co-workers, and happy customers are the most enjoyable
Pros
The people (co-workers), benefits, company values, and monthly lunches
Cons
Advancement, salary
I enjoyed my season at Fraserway
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON23 October 2015
I started late in the season unfortunately, because on my first day I was instantly included into their group, and family. The hours I worked were not always long, though sometimes they were full days, which I really enjoyed. I got to work at my own pace, and I was never forced along, or rushed. There is little to no room for advancement unfortunately, because I was hoping that I would be able to be there year round full time, However that is not the case.
Pros
Lunch was brought in somedays, the people I worked with here were wonderful.
Cons
No room for advancement
Typical Seasonal Work
Washbay Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George15 October 2015
its a very physical job, the RV industry is very up and down. Some days you are very busy and other days you are sent home early. Have very high standards on how things are to be done.
Pros
hours i worked, days off i had.
Cons
Being laid off every single year
Great Place to work
RV Technician Complete Prep & repair rental RV's (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON17 December 2014
Very happy working there excellent customer service..opportunity for advancement, free lunches, good benefits, obtained propane operators certification, schooling provided, great people to work with, enjoy working on RV,s and solving difficult problems
was an excellent company to work for alot of fun because of great staff
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 November 2014
cannot say enough about this company.they actually care about their employees i don't work for them now (my choice) as i did not like living in halifax at all;moved back to pei to be with my grandkids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraserway RV. Our community is ready to answer.