Fraser Valley Wireless

Fraser Valley Wireless Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
The work is very enjoyable. Fast paced work environment. It is busy and fun. The employees act like a team. If you keep yourself separate then they will eliminate you from the company. You must enjoy tearful drama of the management, be prepared for graphic details of the fellow co-workers Tinder hook-ups.
A typical day at work at FVW is standing around with the people you work closely with and enjoying your time together. When you are put to work, the work is hard, but rewarding. Catering to customers needs definitely come first over everything else, but when you have some free time with your other coworkers, it will definitely be enjoyable. The management is very easy to get along with, and you don't have to worry about not being able to be yourself around them. There is a very open policy when it comes to this company, and it definitely makes for an easier work environment. There are hard days and hard customers to deal with, but it's the same thing for every job you'll ever have in the retail sales industry.
The job offers a classic retail sales experience. Opportunities for advancement are present. Management and HO communication leaves something to be desired.
I was an international student working at Wirelesswave after graduated from school, a big multi carrier company. I have been the top of team at most of the time. Once, the manager from Fraservalley(Rogers authorised dealer) came to me, he told me they can help with my PR(permanent residence) by giving me whatever title I want (for applying PR). They gave me an offer letter with normal sales Rep title on it and let me sign, then they gave me an adjusted offer letter with the assistant manager title on it, which looks very suspicious. All my previous colleagues asked me not to trust them, but I was running out of work permit time, so I have to move forward.

I worked there for a week or so. They wont let me do any sales during probation so all I did were training and shadowing. I asked a few questions about what things are allowed and forbidden during activation for customers in order to figure out where is the boundary, and what is the different rules between current and previous companies that I worked for.

All in a sudden, the DM told me I am a potential scammer to him, and sure will do fraud in the future. He thought I am trying to look for loop holes to do scams and fraud. I explained that I ask those questions was only because I want to make everything clear in advance so that avoiding fraud. Plus, I haven't done anything wrong and there is nothing wrong with my back check. The DM insist I am a potential scammer and a threat to his career and fired me right away.

I just want to share my experience in order to let other people not been scammed by such employer. They
 - more...
I still work at Fraser Valley Wireless. I love my INDUSTRY and I do think that small dealerships are a blessing for Canadian consumers and that Canadian tele-coms have created opportunities to grow and develop myself in ways I am very thankful for.
Pros
Blink Twice
Cons
If you're being survey-napped.
Commission based sales, minimum wage base salary. Commission culture easily becomes toxic and this job is no exception, encouraged strongly by direct upper management. Standard customer service, some complexities but not many.
Pros
great hours, decent environment
Cons
toxic commission structure, sub-par upper management
Working at Fraser Valley wireless was a good time, a very laid back workplace and the perks from the job were very nice.

I personally enjoyed the experience
i found that this employer was very quick to fire new people. most people do not make it to the 3 month probation mark, even if you are a good employee. a very commission based environment, if you are not shoving phones down peoples throats they will let you go.
Pros
easy job
Cons
can be boring
The commission compared to other mobile sales companies is ridiculous. They pay next to nothing. Great culture and low stress sales environment. Management is considerate and appreciative.
Amazing company with a great young owner who knows how to treat his employees. Lots of extracurricular work activities and used to be able to make a decent monthly pay cheque.
I worked for this company for almost 8 years. Needless to say, time flew by because I enjoyed coming to work everyday!
Great regional managers that are a great support system and well managed company!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Valley Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2