Fraser Valley Child Development Centre Employee Review

View all Fraser Valley Child Development Centre reviews

Good
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, Canada25 July 2018
I spent five years at this company. Great work experience, lot of professional development opportunities, good team spirit, Will recommend anyone to work there.

Other Fraser Valley Child Development Centre Employee Reviews

A place to make a difference in the world!
Occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC12 February 2014
I've worked at FVCDC for 18 years plus, and can honestly say that I love going to work every day. Days are spent seeing children, in their homes, preschools, schools, community settings, or in the centre itself. Lots of paper work required for assessments, reports etc. However, a wonderful team working collaboratively - the support of therapists by IDP and SCD consultants is fantastic, and management really cares about the children and families, and by extension about us as employees. We enjoy very strong friendships amongst the staff. Unlike some places, there is a minimal amount of politics, and most interactions are very positive and care filled. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with demands for service. The most enjoyable, going home with a sense that someone is better in the world for you having been able to contribute.
Pros
Good education benefits - they actually honour the collective agreement!
Cons
Large caseloads.