Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser

Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Learning things

Days goes by so fast , i like working here . People are kind and helpful, looking forward to be part of this family for a long run and learning many things with them .

Friendly environment with tons of room to grow.

Since the Surrey location has it's own OR, it is never boring. Tons of room to grow with the team. The clinic is able to provide training on site and opportunities to expand academically.

Insights into Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast paced work environment with room to learn and grow in the company

Although the workplace is very fast paced and busy at times, I feel like I learned a lot at this company and enjoy working with patients. They value their employees education and willingness to learn. The staff and management are all very friendly and approachable. You must be a quick learner.

Pros

Pro-Education, Meaningful work, Great staff

Cons

Busy environment, Wage

Work environment is good, pay could be better, staff retention is in the works, always in progress of becoming better environment to work in.

My job is to my expertise and I am happy about the position that I am currently in, team in Surrey is great, we are constantly striving to be better in communication, team work/effort and customer care. Management in Surrey is understanding majority of the time. Pay could be better but always in discussion. Communication could be better between Surrey and Abbotsford office, management could do better with staff retention in Abbotsford as turn overs could be higher at times, better training to help new people learn easier. Again we are in the works of becoming a more fluid company. Both clinics do get busy and chaotic at times but what clinic doesn't. Must be able to handle high stress/volume.

Fast Paced, Always learning, team friendly environment

This is a great job learning and interacting with patients. The workplace culture is amazing, I love my work family. Very team based oriented. You will learn at least 1 thing new that you had no idea about. EYE health knowledge!!

Pros

Free lunches, treats!

Great Company If Your Seeking A Fast-Paced Work Environment

Been working here for 8 months now and am thoroughly enjoying it. As with any job their has been challenges but the management team was always understanding and great at working with me to overcome issues.

Purposeful, positive work environment that emphasizes patient-orientedness AND staff inclusion

Working at FVCL has genuinely been one of my favourite jobs. It is a fast-paced environment with no dull moment and you will always feel like you are serving a strong purpose towards helping patients. The co-workers, the leads and the doctors are all kind and respectful. Something I always admired about FVCL is how all staff is very open to self-improvement and value everyone's feedback and suggestions on how to make the workplace enjoyable. There are often several opportunities to train and work in different departments. A major plus point is that you get to understand a routine structure (as all workplaces function on some type of basic routine) while at the same time have your own ideas welcomed and valued. FVCL also dedicates its time to team activities (painting, games etc.) so staff get to spend time together and enjoy free food! :)

Pros

Employee recognition, purposeful and positive work environment, education sessions, room for growth, staff parties and luncheons

Awful

The office manager is unapproachable and awful. Very demoralizing overall. The staff is not given adequate training and is often chastised for no apparent reason. The turnover rate is awfully high and not a surprise as the Doctor does not even care about the staff, there were no attempts to connect or even introduce themselves. Diagnostic practices and staff role keep changing regularly and if you want to work there don’t expect that you’ll get even an ounce of respect. Horrible experience overall

Pros

The patients are decent

Cons

Office management is awful

Fast paced office with lots of room to grow.

This is an very busy office and time management is a must to be successful here. Training was great and there are lots of different departments to move around and learn other areas. If you want to make this your career there are options to advance here for sure.

Pros

Free lunches, team building and rewards. Great staff and leads/managers

Cons

can be very busy and overwhelming at times.

Demoralizing

I worked here briefly and had to leave - the sheer volume of patients booked vs technicians/doctors is inhumane. We literally had to her patients through their test like cattle. Often there was a language barrier and there as no time given for communication.Even several patience said they felt like they were like cattle herded through. I left on principle. Also the pay isn't great, and the hours are all over the place and sometimes starting very early. No good if you have a young family.The owner never bothered to connect with us, let along acknowledge us or show his appreciation, therefore we felt no loyalty to him. With these reasons, this is why I believe they have such a high staff turnover and will continue to do so until there are changes from the top.

Pros

Free lunches from time to time

Cons

Overworked

Overall not a great place to work

High turnover of staff, clinic manager not approachable and supportive, no transparency. Feedback from employees not taken into consideration. Workload not evenly distributed. Some individuals given preferential treatment. Not a great place to work overall.

Not a good place to work

Constantly under staffed and over worked. No support from management. Very under appreciated. Clinic manager is not approachable and gets mad if you ask her any questions. Save your sanity and apply somewhere else!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

The company

Good learning experience

Nice work culture Great managementWork ethics is being practiceWorkers appreciationLunch breaks Friendly staffHelping manager Work schedules are flexible

Pros

Free lunches sometime s

Cons

Long work hours sometimes

Very repetitive

Working here at first was great because the clinic is very busy and everything was super new to me. However, the more I worked here and the more I got comfortable, I quickly realized that this is not where I want to work. Firslty, all you do everyday is the same exact thing on anywhere between 40-100 patients. I performed the same tests on basically everyone. I had a script memorized as to what I would tell the patients. It gets very boring and very repetitive very fast. Secondly, the clinic is way to busy and I do not support this medical culture. In my opinion they schedule way to many patients in a day that can be appropriately cared to and handled by the doctors and staff. However, with that bein said I totally understand that there is a shortage of doctors and there may be a need to book a lot of patients. Thirdly, the clinic is veryyyyy fast paced. You are barely allowed to talk to patients and coworkers, otherwise doctors would fall behind schedule. As an employee you only get a lunch break and no coffee breaks. The lunch breaks themselves do not have a set time either. You basically go on lunch when there is no patients or testing to be done. This is a go-go-go environment and you barely get a breather or time to collect yourself. Fourthly, the patient demographic is mainly old people which posses many difficulties and challenges on the job. On the flip side this clinic is very friendly and everyone that works there is super nice. Everyone is always willing to help you if you fall behind which is awesome. It was also super neat learning more about the eyes and eye -

Was ok

Location was great, staff was awesome and the friendships developed was amazing. I would highly recommend especially for Dr. King and his team. All the doctors there great.

Good learning and working environment

The team and management is very good and easy to work with. Lots of opportunities to learn different aspects of the eye. Fast paced so the day goes by very quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement