Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP)

Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Employee Reviews in New Westminster, BC

Best company I ever worked with

Featured review

Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) selected this as a representative review
I've work with many organisation over the years. FRPD top it all. Work all over the coast on awesome legacy projects. Great guys to work with Work Hard/Play Hard and family oriented type of people. Safe, paid well, Great overall. I'd work with them anytime.

Official response from Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP)

25 November 2020
Thanks for your awesome review!! We're glad you had a great experience with FRPD!

Great place to work. Lots of friendly people. Opportunity to advance

The company is very established and have lots of work. A lot of nepotism as it is a 108 year old company. A lot of third generation family directly in charge of their siblings. A solid career move just remember last names.

Pros

Great people, interesting hard work

Cons

Slow on safety policies. Don't follow many policies

Contract Position

Overall, the people were great. There had been some turnover in HR and I think they could have a stronger presence. I do wonder at some of the decisions made by management but ultimately it’s not my business

Official response from Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP)

25 November 2020
Hi there. Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it! HR has been collaborating with management and is improving. We've been introducing some employee-focused policies and procedures and the department is positively growing alongside the company!

Culture of encouraging change & improvement, while always working safely

A company that makes the performance of executing all work safely its highest priority, promotes mutual respect for each other, together with the cultivation of personal growth.

Pros

Open door policy

Cons

Different environment

Typical day at work would be getting to the dock and transported to the suction cutter dredge and starting up the locomotive engines and then transferring the power to the A/C generators for powering the dredge. Monitor all functions and do repairs when necessary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement
  • Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP)
  • New Westminster, BC