Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with my Nursing colleague, patients and patients family members
Acute Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC and Eagle Ridge Manor15 October 2019
I had been employed by Fraser Health Authority in 2014. I really enjoy working with my colleague, supervisor and manage. Their management, culture is excellent.
Not much communication or leadership
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 October 2019
Still learning the position but there is very little training or structure and very little resources to draw upon. You learn as you go by making mistakes.
Easy yet serious work
Minor Test Shopper (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 September 2019
Cannot comment on the specifics of the job due to confidentiality. It was however, a fun working environment for teenagers, as you worked closely with another teen for a few hours.
Unprofessional Environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 September 2019
Lack of professionalism. Its not an environment about your skills it's about how you belong in the the group environment. Favoritism is ongoing. No windows / no natural light. Cramped as lack of desk space. Yet the VP area is huge and possess ample room only for VPs
Fraser Health AuthorityGreat Place to Work
Manager IM-PMO (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 September 2019
Senior management was very supportive. Tools and training provided as needed. Great team culture and atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at Fraser Health. Highly recommend as a great place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2019
Fraser Health was created in December 2001 as part of a province-wide restructuring of health authorities by the new government of Premier Gordon Campbell.
Great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, B.C.5 August 2019
Great people to work with but when new directors and execuctives are hired they make changes that impact other people jobs. Reorganization is a horrible change.
Pros
Christmas breakfast
Cons
Threat of strike when contracts are up
Exciting, easy, and fun!
Minor Test Shopper (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 July 2019
An easy job, get driven around to ask for tobacco at local retailers as a minor. Pay is amazing, hours are terrible (4 hours every two weeks if that). Management is creepy. Supervisor who drives you around is very forward and treats you like a piece of meat constantly checking you out which is so disgusting and degrading. Asks very personal questions and is offended when you don't share personal responses. Very moody supervisor, if you have a nice supervisor it is the perfect part time job!
Pros
Always go out for lunch, easy way to make friends with associate, great pay
Cons
Creepy management, car sick from being in car all shift, always go out for lunch (use money you earned to pay for food)
Great workplace with a lot of collaboration
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 June 2019
Great way to engage and be apart of an organization that innovates and supports health care for BC Residents. Excellent challenging and environment. Great to work with people who are willing to work with you.
Toxic work environment at SPH pharmacy
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC14 June 2019
SPH Pharmacy is unfortuanely infamous for having a very toxic bullying culture. I endured lots of bullying by management's group of helpers and then management tried to unfairly terminate me.

The HEU steward was on management's side and did not let me grieve anything. The rep was also on management's side.

I was very disappointed that my hiring manager who serves on a college board and co founded the pharmacy tech society showed such blatant disregard for rules, ethics, and to a fellow pharmacy technician's well being.
Pros
Bicycle room in parkade
Cons
Culture, lack of morals and ethics
Bullying culture encouraged by senior leadership
Patient Care Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 May 2019
1950's style management culture of bullying, deception, and back stabbing personalities is encouraged from the top down.

No matter how disturbing it is, managers looking to climb the bureaucratic ladder have no choice but to abide by this culture.

Instead of using crowd psychology to encourage a herd mentality, the CEO should use emails to encourage everyone to create psychologically safe working environments, together!
Pros
Good benefits, nice restaurants near by, secure ebike parking
Cons
Culture, herd mentality, upper management
In patient psychiatry
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 May 2019
At Royal Columbian Hospital I had the opportunity to work in multiple sections of the hospital where a mental healthcare worker was needed. The culture was supportive and I really enjoyed engaging with the patients to learn their struggles and apply motivational interviewing, trauma informed practice and harm reduction strategies to the work.
Rpn
Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2019
Seeing clients and performing daily assessments. Working closely with physicians to determine plan of care for clients. I learn something new everyday. Management is supportive. Workplace culture has room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is mentally being able to stop thinking about work when my shift is over. The most enjoyable part is interacting with clients and seeing them for follow-up care to see their progress.
Awesome
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 April 2019
Great work environment. Always felt safe on the unit. The health care staff were very kind and always took the time to teach me skills. Professional work environment.
High pressure work in generally poor conditions.
Project Planning Leader (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC27 March 2019
The individual experience is very dependent on the particular area of work. Some are collegial with good management. Some are more toxic. The work conditions are generally poor. There is a bureaucratic ethos that pays lip service to work culture but it rarely productive. It can be alienating. There is a managerial philosophy that is very corporate. Staff are very often disillusioned and patient care can suffer. Pay and benefits are standard.
Pros
Union positions are secure
Cons
Disillusioned staff
Toxic place to work with Poor Management
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 March 2019
I worked as a Community Health worker for 3 years.The Schedulers and office constantly phoned and pushed you to do more hours even on my days off. I was stressed to the point I had Panic attacks and was sick all the time. My supervisor made me work when I had bronchitis. the Manager also told Me that I was not suited for the healthcare field and I should change careers. When our clients passed away we were not informed. I had to care for 20-25 people in a 6 hour shift. The Best part of the job was the Patients. They always made me smile. Do not waste your time with this Company.
Pros
The Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Scheduling, Management
Lower Mainland Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2019
I found that Fraser Health was a big operation but the learning and growth I did there was worth the "big office" environment. I would recommend working there if you are interested in representing the tenant side of leasing.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
too much beauracacy
A rewarding and fun work environment
Admitting Clerk;ESN;Switchboard;Pt Info (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 January 2019
I had some of my best job experiences with Fraser Health. The hospital staff were supportive and great people to work with, and made me enjoy going to work. The work was challenging, yet so rewarding, and offered so many other opportunities.
Pros
pay, coworkers, hospital staff, opportunities to learn and advance
Cons
night shifts, occasional stressful situations
RCH is a challenging, dynamic, and great hospital to work at.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Royal Columbian Hospital27 January 2019
RCH is an amazing hospital that provides excellent care to some of the most critically ill patients. Staff pride themselves at being highly skilled, educated as well as compassionate.
My Director was amazing to work for
Credentials Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 January 2019
I worked with approximately 600 Surgeons, Anesthetists and Pediatricians in Fraser Health. The job was challenging, with constantly changing priorities.
Cons
FH is a very large organization and sometimes it feels like you are just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.