Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

good place to work

I valued my time with this employer as they allowed me to learn a lot and made it a home away from home. I loved being able to show my strengths in a team environment

Pros

team work

Cons

paid parking

Fast paced workplace

Fact paced workplace. Accountability required on all levels of organization. The employees are expected to work wit their full potential. Education and orientation offered.

Productive and fun workplace with my Nursing colleague, patients and patients family members

I had been employed by Fraser Health Authority in 2014. I really enjoy working with my colleague, supervisor and manage. Their management, culture is excellent.

Great Staff on my unit

I always had an excellent Manager and Patient Care Coordinators. The other staff was excellent as well. It was long hours, but with great people. I would not have left if I hadn't moved to another community.

Not much communication or leadership

Still learning the position but there is very little training or structure and very little resources to draw upon. You learn as you go by making mistakes.

Easy yet serious work

Cannot comment on the specifics of the job due to confidentiality. It was however, a fun working environment for teenagers, as you worked closely with another teen for a few hours.

Unprofessional Environment

Lack of professionalism. Its not an environment about your skills it's about how you belong in the the group environment. Favoritism is ongoing. No windows / no natural light. Cramped as lack of desk space. Yet the VP area is huge and possess ample room only for VPs

Fraser Health AuthorityGreat Place to Work

Senior management was very supportive. Tools and training provided as needed. Great team culture and atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at Fraser Health. Highly recommend as a great place to work

Fraser Health was created in December 2001 as part of a province-wide restructuring of health authorities by the new government of Premier Gordon Campbell.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Great people to work with.

Great people to work with but when new directors and execuctives are hired they make changes that impact other people jobs. Reorganization is a horrible change.

Pros

Christmas breakfast

Cons

Threat of strike when contracts are up

Great workplace with a lot of collaboration

Great way to engage and be apart of an organization that innovates and supports health care for BC Residents. Excellent challenging and environment. Great to work with people who are willing to work with you.

Toxic work environment at SPH pharmacy

SPH Pharmacy is unfortuanely infamous for having a very toxic bullying culture. I endured lots of bullying by management's group of helpers and then management tried to unfairly terminate me. The HEU steward was on management's side and did not let me grieve anything. The rep was also on management's side. I was very disappointed that my hiring manager who serves on a college board and co founded the pharmacy tech society showed such blatant disregard for rules, ethics, and to a fellow pharmacy technician's well being.

Pros

Bicycle room in parkade

Cons

Culture, lack of morals and ethics

Bullying culture encouraged by senior leadership

1950's style management culture of bullying, deception, and back stabbing personalities is encouraged from the top down. No matter how disturbing it is, managers looking to climb the bureaucratic ladder have no choice but to abide by this culture. Instead of using crowd psychology to encourage a herd mentality, the CEO should use emails to encourage everyone to create psychologically safe working environments, together!

Pros

Good benefits, nice restaurants near by, secure ebike parking

Cons

Culture, herd mentality, upper management

In patient psychiatry

At Royal Columbian Hospital I had the opportunity to work in multiple sections of the hospital where a mental healthcare worker was needed. The culture was supportive and I really enjoyed engaging with the patients to learn their struggles and apply motivational interviewing, trauma informed practice and harm reduction strategies to the work.

Rpn

Seeing clients and performing daily assessments. Working closely with physicians to determine plan of care for clients. I learn something new everyday. Management is supportive. Workplace culture has room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is mentally being able to stop thinking about work when my shift is over. The most enjoyable part is interacting with clients and seeing them for follow-up care to see their progress.

Awesome

Great work environment. Always felt safe on the unit. The health care staff were very kind and always took the time to teach me skills. Professional work environment.

High pressure work in generally poor conditions.

The individual experience is very dependent on the particular area of work. Some are collegial with good management. Some are more toxic. The work conditions are generally poor. There is a bureaucratic ethos that pays lip service to work culture but it rarely productive. It can be alienating. There is a managerial philosophy that is very corporate. Staff are very often disillusioned and patient care can suffer. Pay and benefits are standard.

Pros

Union positions are secure

Cons

Disillusioned staff

Toxic place to work with Poor Management

I worked as a Community Health worker for 3 years.The Schedulers and office constantly phoned and pushed you to do more hours even on my days off. I was stressed to the point I had Panic attacks and was sick all the time. My supervisor made me work when I had bronchitis. the Manager also told Me that I was not suited for the healthcare field and I should change careers. When our clients passed away we were not informed. I had to care for 20-25 people in a 6 hour shift. The Best part of the job was the Patients. They always made me smile. Do not waste your time with this Company.

Pros

The Clients

Cons

Long Hours, Scheduling, Management

I found that Fraser Health was a big operation but the learning and growth I did there was worth the "big office" environment. I would recommend working there if you are interested in representing the tenant side of leasing.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

too much beauracacy

A rewarding and fun work environment

I had some of my best job experiences with Fraser Health. The hospital staff were supportive and great people to work with, and made me enjoy going to work. The work was challenging, yet so rewarding, and offered so many other opportunities.

Pros

pay, coworkers, hospital staff, opportunities to learn and advance

Cons

night shifts, occasional stressful situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement