Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

Negitive and oppresive

Failure to provide adequate funding to ensure buildings will provide the bare minimum of service to the public. Due to extremely low wages Facilities maintenance and operations cannot hire or keep good people.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Low wages, toxic workplaces.

RN jobs at Fraser Health

Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.

Pros

Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

High burnout rate.

Work is quite flexible. The workplace is very diverse, and people are friendly. I enjoy working with my peers, and they are very supportive and very approachable.

Great employers

I very much enjoyed working with my team at Fraser Health. Working conditions and support are great. Lots of room for advance in all departments. Great working atmosphere

Pros

All good

Cons

Productive and learning environment specialy for new grads

This is a wonderful place to work, you need to be dedicated to your job however. They do not allow time for constant issues, calling in sick, they are held to high standards and they hold the staff to the same. If you love your job this is a wonderful way of putting it to work. Not a 5 star as of course everything has areas they can approve upon

Busy environment as it is healthcare.

Busy environment as it is healthcare. Reporting to the VP office and the Ministry of Health. Office team environment and space taught me a great deal about interacting in a small work place.

fast pace professional, high demand work

It is a fast pace job with tremendous amount of pressure. It required a lot of professional skills, patients and ethics. It is rewarding because most patients appreciate our care.

Great place

Great collaborative teams and positive work environment. I would recommend this organization to others as long as you have the right mind set for caring with compassion, collaboration, inclusion and can engage in competent/ethical practice— you will succeed.

Busy environment but supportive leadership

I’ve worked with some great nurses, PCCs and health care teams in general. Most of the hospitalists at Burnaby General Hospital are very approachable and respect nurses. I had a very supportive manager which made a great difference despite the heavy patient load.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Great place to work!

I worked at various sites while with Fraser Health. Staff were always friendly and helpful wherever I went. The work load was reasonably and there were many opportunities to learn. I wish there had been better opportunities for advancement.

Scope of practice

Fraser health has provided lpn's with a moderate to full scope practice and I think that is very appreciated. Lpn's are working along side rns in acute areas that further education and performance as a nurse.

Pros

Scope of practice

Cons

Long hours.

Great benefits, although not controlled by Fraser health, nurses have their own union. But FHA topped up my maternity leave. Love the people I work with, community hospital. Many mangers throughout the 7 years I've been here but most have been great!

EXAMPLE: productive workplace

Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what you learned management workplace culture and the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job

I love Fraser health

My typical day at work it’s always the unknown ... I love this about my job because I love the anticipation of what I am walking into . It could be a simple visit just to give medication or a simple safety chat or it could be walking into set mine who has overdosed and they are laying there unresponsive and I have to take action and perform CPR until paramedics arrive . All visits are different . I’ve learned to always be compassionate towards others and respect all cultures

Nurses are amazing

I had many ups and downs over the years over all it depends on who you are working with, the management, and whether or not they are supporting you or not. Very different work experiences it depends where you work.

nice place to work

Great place to work nothing else to say the interview was professional and the orientation was thorough . Would gladly refer someone to work for this agency

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Great job. Great people to work for. Great organization. Great structure. Too many meetings though. Many opportunities to move onto management

Highly skilled position

Technicians are highly skilled with educational updates regularly. It is a very "pay attention to details" skilled work. Very tactile involved position with the ability to disassemble and reassemble delicate and specialized instrumentation.

I love my job enjoying it

I recommend this to everyone who loves to meet others and help elderly with dedication and commitment to their work and to keep their elderly happy, safe and comfortable.

Toxic

This is a very toxic place to work. If you do not agree with the ideas of the leaders then you will be cut out from the herd. Group think is encouraged and new ideas are not. Any trouble or issue then they form a committee to make a another committee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement