Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

fun, knowledge based, respect
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  acute care16 July 2017
Fraserhealth is growing and well known facility which accommodates a vast and continuously expanding area. it has allowed me to learn over the years and advance my knowledge in the medical field and acquire respect of a senior nurse.

The staff within is like a second family and overall work well together. I am proud to represent Fraserhealth.
Pros
forever growing
Cons
some buidlings do not have air condition for staff and patients
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  FHA16 July 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits and good patients . paid well and excellent staff as well as education oppournities. I would always work for this company
Respectable workplace and expanding facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
I'm a long term employee and have acquired a lot of respect as a senior nurse. Have preceptors students and or worked along with students and able to mentor young new nursing grads
Pros
Guaranteed shifts
Cons
Long shifts
overall positive
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 July 2017
Overall a nice place to work.
Lots of opportunity for growth and development dependent upon
your ambitions
Great team work and support overall
Have worked my entire nursing career with FH
Provided me with a good living.
Productive and fun place to work
Immunization Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 June 2017
Love the staff and enjoy working in a clinical setting with infant/parents as patients. I am glad that I could work alongside nurses and other healthcare providers and learn from them.
Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Agassiz, BC13 June 2017
This is a great company to work for, the staff and Dr.'s nurses are great and it's such a nice thing to be able to wake up and wanna go to work. Management is fantastic and as every office is different, learning something new is daily.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Not having a position - only casual
Commitment
Outpatient Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC & New Westminster, BC6 June 2017
Fraser Health demonstrates a committment to patient care on many different levels. Co-workers are always willing to help and learn on a daily basis. Knowing I can help and the appreciation of coworkers is the most enjoyable part of the day.
Its a great place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC5 June 2017
It's a definate positive working environment.
Staff are friendly.I have been here for 18 years and to me it feels like home everyday when I walk through the doors.
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 May 2017
Very good and fair employer
made me feel valued and training was very accurate
safety was essential
union was strong and all in all a very rewarding job
Family oriented work space
LPN- Burnaby General Hospital (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 May 2017
Working within Fraserhealth is definitely great. All the employees are so welcoming and are all team players. Management is great and are open to concerns and discussing different opportunities.
Fraser Health Authority
Healthcare IT with Project Senior Business (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
I have enjoyed each day at work in Fraser Health and have felt a good vibe amongst colleagues. My team works well in collaboration on various projects, including the successful implementation of the Automated Shift Callout system which we worked tirelessly to rollout across Fraser Health.
Pros
A good environment for career progression
Cons
Project was not long enough
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC28 April 2017
Great place to work. Enjoy the people there. The flexibility in the schedule works well for my family life, home life, and work life. Enjoy the parking.
A great co-op experience
Business Process Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 April 2017
A great place where people are hardworking and truly believe in the mission of the organization. My project gave me an excellent on-site project implementation opportunity.
Pros
Good people, flexible approach to work (depending on the role)
Cons
Depending on prior experience some may find it a little slow paced
Hit and miss
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 April 2017
It's a hit and miss. Sometimes you can have a great working experience here and other times not so great. Like any place, staff members vary from friendly to unfriendly. Not as organized as other health authorities.
Phenomenal Opportunity
Senior Project Leader - Facilities Support (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2017
I could not say more positive things in my 25 year career at Fraser Health.

The job provided challenging opportunities that allowed me to grow.

Working under one of the best Health Care Architects in the world, I was able to see tangible outcomes of my efforts to shape Health Care for the better.

In the end, patients were provided better care, better quality of life, and a longer life span than when I started in 1992.
Pros
Excellent opportunities, changing environments, leading edge equipment & software.
Cons
Management disconnect with real world, Older management styles unwilling to changing with times or adapting to new technologies.
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2017
Goos love working with these companies Good place to work. Good management, and coworkers feel like home. Looking for internal job postings for future.
Fraser Health is a great employer
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 April 2017
Fraser health is a great employer. Benefits are great and lots of room for advancement. Staff are great and supportive. This was the best employer that i have had
Pros
great all away around
Cons
12 hour shifts can be long
Challenging and supportive place to work
Claims & Risk Analyst / Coroners' Liaison (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2017
There is not typical day in the position I held. I managed patient property loss and this entailed speaking with patients, family members and staff. I also managed Fraser Health owned property claims, such as floods and fires. Then I also was the Coroners' liaison dealing with investigations into unanticipated deaths.
The most challenging part of the job was probably speaking with upset patients and/or family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve various problems.
Pros
Free gym onsite
Cons
on call 24/7
Fraser Health Authority
Emergency Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC26 March 2017
This job can be stressful on a typical day, but compassion for sick people is one of those things that keeps you going on a daily basis, seeing those patients go home feeling better is all i care about .
busy and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BC26 March 2017
The hardest part of the job is working short and patient workload that you sometimes get. It was very hard to get a full time position. I worked as a casual and would get lots of shifts or none in a month, it was either feast or famine. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.