Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

Supportive environment, educational opportunities

Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.

Enjoyed the culture

Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.

diverse environments

diverse environments, diverse teams. come for the job. stay for the team. management skills vary. tendency for management to take antagonistic approach.

Great team work on the orthopedic ward

This unit has a great team based atmosphere where I always feel supported and confident to do my job. A typical day on the ward includes, patient assessments, medication administration, interdisciplinary rounds, wound care, patient mobility.

Unit clerk for fraserhealth

A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.

great place to work

Everyone at Fraser health was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my team lead and team members by asking lots of questions. This is a very fast paced target driven environment.

The workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work in many different areas, if you realize one area does not suit your goals then you can move to a different area fairly easily.

productive workplace

I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.

Pros

good benefits and salary

Cons

casual position

Ineffective Managers, Uncaring coworkers, unrealistic expectations

Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Toxic organization to work for

The incredibly large number of suspiciously positive reviews demonstrate how desperate the leadership team is to save face. Leadership should spend time trying to revive their moral decay instead of sitting there writing fake reviews.

The organization should continue to focus on delivering best practice for improved and quality holistic care to the communities they are involved

Needs improvement on patient and staff safety, mentally and physically Delivery of care should be addressing on- going staff shortage on the nursing program, provide opportunities to increase moral on staff

Home Support is Chaos

Unfortunately Home Support office is poorly run. You feel like a number. I haven’t spoken to a supervisor in months No feed back - No performance reviews No one to ask questions to and when to get a response from Lack of training from management or RN input Clients un happy with co-workers service and scheduling Scheduling is very inconsistent after working 3 years for home support I do not feel I have consistant job security

Faced paced, challenging environment. Excellent co workers.

I love my job. The is always something to do in an ever changing patient load. There are many great staff members at all levels and I enjoy working as part of the team

Fair

First year pretty tough but patience pays off good work ethic is rewarded Chances to advance Casual workers have flexibility but no benifits no sick pay Permanent workers get no flexibility but do get benifits and sick pay Union

Never boring

Never boring, always a pleasure to go to work. Supportive staff urging personal growth. Great benefits. Leave everyday knowing you helped in someone’s time of need

excellent place to work

Love my job at RCH, I am having a difficult time with shift work as I have two 10 year old sons that are active in sports and Im just finding myself tired from the night work. I love my job, the team work, the doctors, the work load can be a little intense at times but I really enjoy it.

Health care job

This health care job requires compassionate care towards patients. Skills are judged when we met with aggressive patients and patients with disabilities

Great place

I loved my job, the best part of my job where the patients, I was in registration and loved spending my day greeting them and trying to make them comfortable.

Toxic, inhumane, and egotistical leadership culture

What an emotionally sickening experience as a manager at Fraser Health. Allegiances, and blind-loyalty seemed more important to my director than patient care or promoting respectful work environments. I was expected to spread rumours and encourage my staff to bully a new employee who had filed a complaint at another hospital. My kindness was viewed as weakness and I myself was shunned and bullied by the other managers for refusing to partake.

every site varies

I have been an employee for 13 years, and enjoy having security in this employer. I have advanced through different roles with support from colleagues and management which has helped me to advance my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement