Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

fun and meaningful place to work!

every position feels as thought you’re helping the public whether it’s in admin, health care, or even telehealth/public health. very friendly environment to work in

Pros

benefits, union, pension, job advancement

Cons

long hours, union

Great workplace.

I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.

Pros

Respect.

Cons

Hard to get onto the website from home

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

flexible

I love home health care aide, but the driving and lack of compassion are not very nice. We love this job, but the Staff in the office make it hard to enjoy the job. At both ends of being in office and out in the field are very hard on everyone.

Pros

Felix able shifts

Cons

long drives, lack on of communication.

Changing

Everything changes daily , your schedule, your routine , your clients, your life. You might sit in your car unpaid on a hot or cold day for an hour or 2 . No real break times . No stability, no part time positions. No on-call positions ,which would help them . Many upset workers and clients.

Pros

Pay-but no guaranteed hours, most are casual workers

Cons

Not enough postitions in the company, many casual workers in limbo for years.

Enjoyed the culture

Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.

Unit clerk for fraserhealth

A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.

Ineffective Managers, Uncaring coworkers, unrealistic expectations

Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.

Never boring

Never boring, always a pleasure to go to work. Supportive staff urging personal growth. Great benefits. Leave everyday knowing you helped in someone’s time of need

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

excellent place to work

Love my job at RCH, I am having a difficult time with shift work as I have two 10 year old sons that are active in sports and Im just finding myself tired from the night work. I love my job, the team work, the doctors, the work load can be a little intense at times but I really enjoy it.

Great place

I loved my job, the best part of my job where the patients, I was in registration and loved spending my day greeting them and trying to make them comfortable.

every site varies

I have been an employee for 13 years, and enjoy having security in this employer. I have advanced through different roles with support from colleagues and management which has helped me to advance my career

RN jobs at Fraser Health

Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.

Pros

Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

High burnout rate.

Great place to work!

I worked at various sites while with Fraser Health. Staff were always friendly and helpful wherever I went. The work load was reasonably and there were many opportunities to learn. I wish there had been better opportunities for advancement.

Scope of practice

Fraser health has provided lpn's with a moderate to full scope practice and I think that is very appreciated. Lpn's are working along side rns in acute areas that further education and performance as a nurse.

Pros

Scope of practice

Cons

Long hours.

I love Fraser health

My typical day at work it’s always the unknown ... I love this about my job because I love the anticipation of what I am walking into . It could be a simple visit just to give medication or a simple safety chat or it could be walking into set mine who has overdosed and they are laying there unresponsive and I have to take action and perform CPR until paramedics arrive . All visits are different . I’ve learned to always be compassionate towards others and respect all cultures

Nurses are amazing

I had many ups and downs over the years over all it depends on who you are working with, the management, and whether or not they are supporting you or not. Very different work experiences it depends where you work.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Great job. Great people to work for. Great organization. Great structure. Too many meetings though. Many opportunities to move onto management

Fast paced workplace

Fact paced workplace. Accountability required on all levels of organization. The employees are expected to work wit their full potential. Education and orientation offered.

Great Staff on my unit

I always had an excellent Manager and Patient Care Coordinators. The other staff was excellent as well. It was long hours, but with great people. I would not have left if I hadn't moved to another community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Fraser Health Authority with

• Fraser Health Authority
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?