Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Ups and downs

It was 21 years of hard work and sweat. Very little recognition from supervisors for hard work, as this cannot be "documented" Nothing matters unless it can be documented. Some of the managers are great, and some are very dull and thick. Same with co-workers, some great and some not so great. But it seemed to me that the longer I worked there, changes began to creep in, and they were not for the better. Laziness, lack of caring, blind management, and way too much bureaucracy, red tape, unreasonable expectations made by clueless leaders and on and on. Wasn't all bad. The real rewards were when I could see and hear the appreciation from residents and patients, and coming home dog-tired knowing that I did the best I could .

Pros

wages, benefits

Cons

clueless and unkind managers, lazy co workers

fun and meaningful place to work!

every position feels as thought you’re helping the public whether it’s in admin, health care, or even telehealth/public health. very friendly environment to work in

Pros

benefits, union, pension, job advancement

Cons

long hours, union

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

Poorly Managed and stressful

Extremely underpaid in staffing. the amount of jnformation required to know amd overall stress of the job makes the wage deplorable. A person is paid the same for pumping gas.

Pros

pension

Cons

employees don’t matter

Horribly disorganized

I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.

Pros

benifits

Cons

just about everything else other than benefits

I love working for Fraser Health Authority

I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

sometimes stressful

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

Supportive environment, educational opportunities

Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.

Unit clerk for fraserhealth

A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

productive workplace

I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.

Pros

good benefits and salary

Cons

casual position

Fair

First year pretty tough but patience pays off good work ethic is rewarded Chances to advance Casual workers have flexibility but no benifits no sick pay Permanent workers get no flexibility but do get benifits and sick pay Union

Never boring

Never boring, always a pleasure to go to work. Supportive staff urging personal growth. Great benefits. Leave everyday knowing you helped in someone’s time of need

Negitive and oppresive

Failure to provide adequate funding to ensure buildings will provide the bare minimum of service to the public. Due to extremely low wages Facilities maintenance and operations cannot hire or keep good people.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Low wages, toxic workplaces.

RN jobs at Fraser Health

Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.

Pros

Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

High burnout rate.

Great benefits, although not controlled by Fraser health, nurses have their own union. But FHA topped up my maternity leave. Love the people I work with, community hospital. Many mangers throughout the 7 years I've been here but most have been great!

Bullying culture encouraged by senior leadership

1950's style management culture of bullying, deception, and back stabbing personalities is encouraged from the top down. No matter how disturbing it is, managers looking to climb the bureaucratic ladder have no choice but to abide by this culture. Instead of using crowd psychology to encourage a herd mentality, the CEO should use emails to encourage everyone to create psychologically safe working environments, together!

Pros

Good benefits, nice restaurants near by, secure ebike parking

Cons

Culture, herd mentality, upper management

High pressure work in generally poor conditions.

The individual experience is very dependent on the particular area of work. Some are collegial with good management. Some are more toxic. The work conditions are generally poor. There is a bureaucratic ethos that pays lip service to work culture but it rarely productive. It can be alienating. There is a managerial philosophy that is very corporate. Staff are very often disillusioned and patient care can suffer. Pay and benefits are standard.

Pros

Union positions are secure

Cons

Disillusioned staff

Mobbing culture

There is a very disturbing management initiated mobbing culture that poisons work environments for target employees by way of promoting bullying, betrayal, and malicious rumor spreading. Management promotes a total lack of empathy and has zero regard for the emotional wellbeing or the negative long term impact that the emotional abuse will have on the target. Its amazing how low managers will stoop in imposing severe psychological trauma. HOpeless...

Pros

Benefits and vacation days

Cons

Management Culture

Great place to work! Lots of opportunities.

Best place to work with exceptional colleagues. Great education opportunity for professional growth. Usually workload is heavy but team work helps get through the day. Managers encourage good work/life balance.

Pros

Great benefits. Great people to work with.

Cons

Heavy workload.

Micromanage and Low wages

Micromanaged, only few people are working ,rest are counting their benefits. System needs lot of changes. Very low wages as compared to living standard here. Because of child education I am still here. Oh! Supervisors are colour blind.

Pros

Cons

all what you think about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement