Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Management reviews

Clear

Ups and downs

It was 21 years of hard work and sweat. Very little recognition from supervisors for hard work, as this cannot be "documented" Nothing matters unless it can be documented. Some of the managers are great, and some are very dull and thick. Same with co-workers, some great and some not so great. But it seemed to me that the longer I worked there, changes began to creep in, and they were not for the better. Laziness, lack of caring, blind management, and way too much bureaucracy, red tape, unreasonable expectations made by clueless leaders and on and on. Wasn't all bad. The real rewards were when I could see and hear the appreciation from residents and patients, and coming home dog-tired knowing that I did the best I could .

Pros

wages, benefits

Cons

clueless and unkind managers, lazy co workers

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Support from co_workers

I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.

Pros

Free lunch at Christmas

Cons

Split shifts

Women Rule Here and Too Political

Too political and “in” groups! There are definitely some bad apples (people) that should have been let go a long time ago, but no one seems to be doing anything about.

Pros

Discounts at various stores & hotels

Cons

Bad work environment (desks, temperature, etc)

Peers are great, but management is not

Peers are fun, very supportive and helpful. Management lacks flexibility and places a high degree of pressure to complete a workload that can’t be completed in allotted work hours. Seems that, as an employer, they engage in time theft of their employees. Don’t apply and, if you’re an employee now, run as fast and as far from this employer as possible. Not really sure who, other than management, are rating them as one of the best employers!

Pros

Friendly peers

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of appreciation, poor management culture.

Very bad HR department and Management

Very bad management. They don't care how hard working you are. They flag you if you quit job for any reason they don't care and never rehire you again . They put your name and sin number in not hiring list. And keep saying you just apply online and never hire you again. They have their own rules .

Horribly disorganized

I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.

Pros

benifits

Cons

just about everything else other than benefits

I had a very bad experience from the management, not supportive

Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.

Pros

Pride

Cons

less knowledgeable management

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

We are all in this together. Team effort is positive

Opportunities to provide therapeutic intervention, facilitation, advocacy for clients programs and development of new services in area. Collaboration with other professionals, team support is strong; work load is exponentially increasing; wide variety of employees and clients, multiple issues and challenges to address. Overall,a positive work environment. Excellent colleagues and community resources.Sparse oversight on management staff or job quality assessment, review. Most difficult aspect to job is unintended client death; lack of funding, supports for marginalized populations or individuals; completing work day on time!

Pros

As above.

Cons

As above

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Supportive environment, educational opportunities

Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.

diverse environments

diverse environments, diverse teams. come for the job. stay for the team. management skills vary. tendency for management to take antagonistic approach.

Ineffective Managers, Uncaring coworkers, unrealistic expectations

Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.

Toxic organization to work for

The incredibly large number of suspiciously positive reviews demonstrate how desperate the leadership team is to save face. Leadership should spend time trying to revive their moral decay instead of sitting there writing fake reviews.

Home Support is Chaos

Unfortunately Home Support office is poorly run. You feel like a number. I haven’t spoken to a supervisor in months No feed back - No performance reviews No one to ask questions to and when to get a response from Lack of training from management or RN input Clients un happy with co-workers service and scheduling Scheduling is very inconsistent after working 3 years for home support I do not feel I have consistant job security

Toxic, inhumane, and egotistical leadership culture

What an emotionally sickening experience as a manager at Fraser Health. Allegiances, and blind-loyalty seemed more important to my director than patient care or promoting respectful work environments. I was expected to spread rumours and encourage my staff to bully a new employee who had filed a complaint at another hospital. My kindness was viewed as weakness and I myself was shunned and bullied by the other managers for refusing to partake.

every site varies

I have been an employee for 13 years, and enjoy having security in this employer. I have advanced through different roles with support from colleagues and management which has helped me to advance my career

Productive and learning environment specialy for new grads

This is a wonderful place to work, you need to be dedicated to your job however. They do not allow time for constant issues, calling in sick, they are held to high standards and they hold the staff to the same. If you love your job this is a wonderful way of putting it to work. Not a 5 star as of course everything has areas they can approve upon

EXAMPLE: productive workplace

Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what you learned management workplace culture and the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job

Nurses are amazing

I had many ups and downs over the years over all it depends on who you are working with, the management, and whether or not they are supporting you or not. Very different work experiences it depends where you work.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Great job. Great people to work for. Great organization. Great structure. Too many meetings though. Many opportunities to move onto management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Fraser Health Authority with

• Fraser Health Authority
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?