Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

fun and meaningful place to work!

every position feels as thought you’re helping the public whether it’s in admin, health care, or even telehealth/public health. very friendly environment to work in

Pros

benefits, union, pension, job advancement

Cons

long hours, union

Fantastic and supportive co-workers

I worked with some very wonderful people, the staff at Chilliwack Public Health is so kind and understanding. The training was lovely and any question I had, they were always happy to help answer and explain until I understood. I really enjoyed my time working here. The job itself was challenging at times but extremely rewarding as you get to help seniors in their homes. I would definitely recommend getting into work as a healthcare worker with Fraser Health if you love helping people and want a career where you can be appreciated and advance yourself.

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great clients

Cons

Low pay

Great workplace.

I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.

Pros

Respect.

Cons

Hard to get onto the website from home

Nice Place to work

Great Opportunity to support Clinical ClientsOpportunity to learn and growGreat workplace culture and fun. FlexiblePassion toward supporting patient care

Critical care experience

Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.

Pros

Critical care experience

Cons

Shift work and family time

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

Supportive environment, educational opportunities

Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.

Enjoyed the culture

Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.

Unit clerk for fraserhealth

A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Home Support is Chaos

Unfortunately Home Support office is poorly run. You feel like a number. I haven’t spoken to a supervisor in months No feed back - No performance reviews No one to ask questions to and when to get a response from Lack of training from management or RN input Clients un happy with co-workers service and scheduling Scheduling is very inconsistent after working 3 years for home support I do not feel I have consistant job security

every site varies

I have been an employee for 13 years, and enjoy having security in this employer. I have advanced through different roles with support from colleagues and management which has helped me to advance my career

RN jobs at Fraser Health

Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.

Pros

Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

High burnout rate.

Busy environment as it is healthcare.

Busy environment as it is healthcare. Reporting to the VP office and the Ministry of Health. Office team environment and space taught me a great deal about interacting in a small work place.

fast pace professional, high demand work

It is a fast pace job with tremendous amount of pressure. It required a lot of professional skills, patients and ethics. It is rewarding because most patients appreciate our care.

Great place to work!

I worked at various sites while with Fraser Health. Staff were always friendly and helpful wherever I went. The work load was reasonably and there were many opportunities to learn. I wish there had been better opportunities for advancement.

nice place to work

Great place to work nothing else to say the interview was professional and the orientation was thorough . Would gladly refer someone to work for this agency

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Great job. Great people to work for. Great organization. Great structure. Too many meetings though. Many opportunities to move onto management

Fast paced workplace

Fact paced workplace. Accountability required on all levels of organization. The employees are expected to work wit their full potential. Education and orientation offered.

Not much communication or leadership

Still learning the position but there is very little training or structure and very little resources to draw upon. You learn as you go by making mistakes.

Unprofessional Environment

Lack of professionalism. Its not an environment about your skills it's about how you belong in the the group environment. Favoritism is ongoing. No windows / no natural light. Cramped as lack of desk space. Yet the VP area is huge and possess ample room only for VPs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement