Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews for Support Worker

flexible

I love home health care aide, but the driving and lack of compassion are not very nice. We love this job, but the Staff in the office make it hard to enjoy the job. At both ends of being in office and out in the field are very hard on everyone.

Pros

Felix able shifts

Cons

long drives, lack on of communication.

Support from co_workers

I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.

Pros

Free lunch at Christmas

Cons

Split shifts

Great employers

I very much enjoyed working with my team at Fraser Health. Working conditions and support are great. Lots of room for advance in all departments. Great working atmosphere

Pros

All good

Cons

I love my job enjoying it

I recommend this to everyone who loves to meet others and help elderly with dedication and commitment to their work and to keep their elderly happy, safe and comfortable.

Toxic place to work with Poor Management

I worked as a Community Health worker for 3 years.The Schedulers and office constantly phoned and pushed you to do more hours even on my days off. I was stressed to the point I had Panic attacks and was sick all the time. My supervisor made me work when I had bronchitis. the Manager also told Me that I was not suited for the healthcare field and I should change careers. When our clients passed away we were not informed. I had to care for 20-25 people in a 6 hour shift. The Best part of the job was the Patients. They always made me smile. Do not waste your time with this Company.

Pros

The Clients

Cons

Long Hours, Scheduling, Management

Productive and love providing care for the elderly.

I loved providing care for the elderly. They had a lot of stories to tell about the past. For most of them, we were the only people they saw. Everyone has their own personality and traditions. We were one to one with the clients -- very rarely saw co workers.

Pros

Love talking to the seniors.

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time.

demanding

Caring for elderly and sick community members is demanding but rewarding. A typical day can be from bathing an elderly gentleman to taking out a young person for a walk in their wheelchair. Management is understanding but also demanding at times. Hardly see co workers as we are one on one in private homes. The hardest part of this job is leaving it at work but most enjoyable to hear someone enthusiastically say THANK YOU as you are leaving.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority