Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Critical care experience

Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.

Pros

Critical care experience

Cons

Shift work and family time

The workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work in many different areas, if you realize one area does not suit your goals then you can move to a different area fairly easily.

The organization should continue to focus on delivering best practice for improved and quality holistic care to the communities they are involved

Needs improvement on patient and staff safety, mentally and physically Delivery of care should be addressing on- going staff shortage on the nursing program, provide opportunities to increase moral on staff

RN jobs at Fraser Health

Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.

Pros

Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

High burnout rate.

Busy environment but supportive leadership

I’ve worked with some great nurses, PCCs and health care teams in general. Most of the hospitalists at Burnaby General Hospital are very approachable and respect nurses. I had a very supportive manager which made a great difference despite the heavy patient load.

Great benefits, although not controlled by Fraser health, nurses have their own union. But FHA topped up my maternity leave. Love the people I work with, community hospital. Many mangers throughout the 7 years I've been here but most have been great!

RCH is a challenging, dynamic, and great hospital to work at.

RCH is an amazing hospital that provides excellent care to some of the most critically ill patients. Staff pride themselves at being highly skilled, educated as well as compassionate.

Love my coworkers

Love my coworkers and feel supported by them. Management often has their hands tied and can't make changes they'd like to in order to support nurses especially patient staff ratios. Once you have a job (difficult to get hired externally in my experience) there are opportunities for advancement and additional educTion. Hardly any part time positions which is what I feel strongly about. Majority of nurses are women with families and working full time with families is very difficult when you do shift work or evenings and weekends.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

Registered Nurse positions
See more jobs

Very similar to other Health Authorities

An average workplace made more amazing by the people that work there. I can't talk about the rest of the health authority, as I only have experience on the Maternity ward, but I find it a highly functioning area, where you feel valued.

Exciting career at CGH RIH

I had a very interesting and exciting career as a nurse at CGH and RIH. The most enjoyable part of my job were my patients and met some very wonderful people over my career.Over the years nursing has become a very demanding career, as patient acuity and staff shortages have increased. As a health professional it became very difficult to tend to our patients, as we were expected to have increased patient loads and ever changing demands on our tme. This is why I took retirement as of July 2017. I miss working, so that is why I have decided to seek other opportunities, outside the hospital setting.

Great healthcare team

Great workplace with healthcare teams 2nd to none. Provides employees with safe workplace and support. Benefits package excellent. Job security and options for advancement in career.

Challenging depressing and rewarding

A typical day goes by fast always busy. I believe we don't have enough staff to provide the care required Residential care clients becoming more complex and aggressive. The hardest part of the job is trying to provide the quality of care we want to. There are moments that make it all worthwhile

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Inability to get time off

Respectable workplace and expanding facility

I'm a long term employee and have acquired a lot of respect as a senior nurse. Have preceptors students and or worked along with students and able to mentor young new nursing grads

Pros

Guaranteed shifts

Cons

Long shifts

fun work place

Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.

Pros

good Team Leader

Large health authority

This health region covers whole of Alberta with many opportunities, great pay, and competitive benefits. I was fortunate to work for them for 6 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement