Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

LPN position in various settings.

Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.

Pros

Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.

Cons

The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.

Enjoyed the culture

Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.

Great team work on the orthopedic ward

This unit has a great team based atmosphere where I always feel supported and confident to do my job. A typical day on the ward includes, patient assessments, medication administration, interdisciplinary rounds, wound care, patient mobility.

productive workplace

I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.

Pros

good benefits and salary

Cons

casual position

excellent place to work

Love my job at RCH, I am having a difficult time with shift work as I have two 10 year old sons that are active in sports and Im just finding myself tired from the night work. I love my job, the team work, the doctors, the work load can be a little intense at times but I really enjoy it.

Productive and learning environment specialy for new grads

This is a wonderful place to work, you need to be dedicated to your job however. They do not allow time for constant issues, calling in sick, they are held to high standards and they hold the staff to the same. If you love your job this is a wonderful way of putting it to work. Not a 5 star as of course everything has areas they can approve upon

Nurses are amazing

I had many ups and downs over the years over all it depends on who you are working with, the management, and whether or not they are supporting you or not. Very different work experiences it depends where you work.

Assisting patient safety

I am working 12 hrs shift in surgical unit. My job is to check their vital signs . Check their condition of it get worse or better and report to hospitalist. Check for their comfort include pain .administer medication and asisit with persona care as needed.

Pros

Secure job .

Cons

At time, pressure on nurse due to high rate of discharge and admission or unstable patient .

Fun workplace with lots of room for learning

Great Management Lots of learning You can work in all departments Compassion Team work Benefits Long hours Free lunches sometimes Opportunity to advance Tons of extra free courses to take

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Not very many casual hours

Provides learning opportunities

The company provides ongoing learning opportunities for staff. Provides enough clinical support. Supplement employees with benefits. Assist employees with finding job in the event of displacement.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

Licensed Practical Nurse positions
See more jobs

Great company

Great company to work for. Good benefits and good patients . paid well and excellent staff as well as education oppournities. I would always work for this company

Family oriented work space

Working within Fraserhealth is definitely great. All the employees are so welcoming and are all team players. Management is great and are open to concerns and discussing different opportunities.

Fraser Health is a great employer

Fraser health is a great employer. Benefits are great and lots of room for advancement. Staff are great and supportive. This was the best employer that i have had

Pros

great all away around

Cons

12 hour shifts can be long

busy and productive

The hardest part of the job is working short and patient workload that you sometimes get. It was very hard to get a full time position. I worked as a casual and would get lots of shifts or none in a month, it was either feast or famine. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people

Great Place to work!

Really enjoyed working for Fraser Health Authority (FHA). I started with FHA in 2006 and enjoyed building relationships with the patients and employees. I would have stayed with the company till retirement but had to relocate to Halifax for personal reasons. Miss working for FHA often.

Pros

Team Building

Cons

Patient to Nurse ratio

great co workers

A great place to work with awesome benefits . If you like helping people and are a good team worker this is a great place to work.

Pros

Lots of ot

Cons

Lots of ot

A great place to work.

Great co-workers and management. A typical day at work involves all nursing duties including dealing with patients and families. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with dying pt. and their families afterwards.

Pros

Workin with different people each day

Cons

Evening/ night/ weekend shifts

great setting

It's a nursing job, so who you work for is sort of irrelevant. The patient are the focus.

Fraser Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer who provide their staff with a safe, secure and respectful workplace.

Each day is new and different at my job in health care. The challenges that are presented to me at work are usually unique and have an impact on lives in a deep and meaningful way. Some of the choices and decisions we make can mean the difference between life and death in some cases. I have learned that to be a "health care provider" takes daily sacrifice, constant reflection, collaboration and critical thinking among many other factors. Our management is professional, informed, well educated, fair minded and has a open door policy. My co-workers form a tight network of multi talented people in areas such as: social work, dietary, cleaning, recreation and music therapy, pastoral/ clergy, office work, psychology, medical science, and a host of others. We all have the common goal in extended care of ensuring our clients/residents a safe and secure environment to live in dignity and comfort as they sojourn in their final journey of life. Our objective is comfort. As opposed to the fast paced acute care setting where our goal is to give the patient the best quality care in the most professional and proficient manner possible. Our overall objective is to promote health and wellness in all areas of health care.The most difficult part of being a nurse is saying goodbye to people we care for. It's also about seeing how fragile and valuable life and our bodies really are. The best part of my job are the close relationships that are formed under these extreme conditions where life is laid bare and emotions are often raw, where life is real.

Pros

great wage and benefits with a pension.

Cons

long shifts with physical and mental exhaustion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement