Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews for Assistant

Scope of practice

Fraser health has provided lpn's with a moderate to full scope practice and I think that is very appreciated. Lpn's are working along side rns in acute areas that further education and performance as a nurse.

Pros

Scope of practice

Cons

Long hours.

I had a very bad experience from the management, not supportive

Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.

Pros

Pride

Cons

less knowledgeable management

Ineffective Managers, Uncaring coworkers, unrealistic expectations

Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.

good place to work

I valued my time with this employer as they allowed me to learn a lot and made it a home away from home. I loved being able to show my strengths in a team environment

Pros

team work

Cons

paid parking

Work place is very good .

I like working with Fraser health. Management and co - workers are great . I get chances to learn new things and different cultures.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.

Whats it's like

A good place to work. They pay a fair wage and the benefits are really good. Long shifts. Co-workers are good people, a diverse group of people. Easy to work with.

Pros

Work with good co workers

Cons

Long commute

Awesome Place to Work

A great place to work. Everyone are very helpful. We have a very kind Management. Fast-paced working place we cant even notice the time.

learning to be patient in a fast paced environment

I start work early around 7 am, beginning with bathes and showers, giving medications and personal care. Make some breakfasts for some clients, and spend some time chatting and visiting to make them feel comfortable. I often learned things about their upbringing, working with those as old as 102 and as young as 40's and learned everyone has a story. I had to take my orders from management in a direct way and learn to listen carefully. Working one on one with other workers was very important as we relied on each other to work as a team so things ran smoothly for the client. We learned to finish off what the others left for us and to be constant so were efficient. Watching people lose their loved ones, especially the spouses and children but it was worthwhile to know you'd made a good difference in caring for their loved one. Meeting new people and learning about their lives when they were young and what they contributed to our country.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Job security and hours being all over the place

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority