Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Critical care experience

Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.

Pros

Critical care experience

Cons

Shift work and family time

Horribly disorganized

I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.

Pros

benifits

Cons

just about everything else other than benefits

Not much to say

Managers don’t acknowledge unit clerks on a day to day routine. Acknowledges nurses etc.. but can’t even say good morning to say the least. Pretty disrespectful especially when Unit Clerks are a main hub. Underpaid and not acknowledged enough for keeping the unit going. Unit clerks should be a separate entity with HEU as well, not umbrellaed under all facilities.

productive workplace

I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.

Pros

good benefits and salary

Cons

casual position

EXAMPLE: productive workplace

Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what you learned management workplace culture and the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job

Fraser Health was created in December 2001 as part of a province-wide restructuring of health authorities by the new government of Premier Gordon Campbell.

Toxic work environment at SPH pharmacy

SPH Pharmacy is unfortuanely infamous for having a very toxic bullying culture. I endured lots of bullying by management's group of helpers and then management tried to unfairly terminate me. The HEU steward was on management's side and did not let me grieve anything. The rep was also on management's side. I was very disappointed that my hiring manager who serves on a college board and co founded the pharmacy tech society showed such blatant disregard for rules, ethics, and to a fellow pharmacy technician's well being.

Pros

Bicycle room in parkade

Cons

Culture, lack of morals and ethics

I found that Fraser Health was a big operation but the learning and growth I did there was worth the "big office" environment. I would recommend working there if you are interested in representing the tenant side of leasing.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

too much beauracacy

Mobbing culture

There is a very disturbing management initiated mobbing culture that poisons work environments for target employees by way of promoting bullying, betrayal, and malicious rumor spreading. Management promotes a total lack of empathy and has zero regard for the emotional wellbeing or the negative long term impact that the emotional abuse will have on the target. Its amazing how low managers will stoop in imposing severe psychological trauma. HOpeless...

Pros

Benefits and vacation days

Cons

Management Culture

it was a great experienced working with them

I had a good experienced working with them and i learned a lot in the company. Assisted client with activities of daily living, the company provide benefits to helps you balance your career and personal life by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package in the company.

Pros

good working experience

Cons

good policy

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

fun place to wrok

thank you fraser health it was an amazing place to work and amazing people and management so happy to be there with you guys and i wish all the very best for everyone in future thank you

Fun, productive and rewarding work environment.

The more schooling the better financially, however every position is as equally rewarding and sustaining. No matter what your skill or ability level there is opportunity. You really have a sense of being helpful and caring.

Pros

benefits that come with permanent status

Cons

varied hours

Very productive and an easy place to work

Everyone is very professional and sincere about their work. Often the work could be slow and the implementation of the project could be challenging.

Great work experience

Long eventful hours that are both engaging and full of learning experiences. Management of patients / workloads was appropriate times. Co-workers were professional and very helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were able to help patients throughout your day.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Limited staff

Could be an extremely toxic environment to work

I did enjoy the work, but I didn't like the was our clients were sometimes treated by staff and management. Very busy and stressful work environment. Coworkers could be friendly but lots of drama

Pros

Cons

too stressful

Nice environment

Good to work in this company, as oneof the largest in BC, to develop a long term career

Wonderful Place to work. Fun people. Meeting new people

Very busy, welcoming clientsVariety of workLovely people to work withMost enjoyable part of my work is meeting new people and helping them feel at ease and comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement