Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Port Moody, BC

Assisting patient safety

I am working 12 hrs shift in surgical unit. My job is to check their vital signs . Check their condition of it get worse or better and report to hospitalist. Check for their comfort include pain .administer medication and asisit with persona care as needed.

Pros

Secure job .

Cons

At time, pressure on nurse due to high rate of discharge and admission or unstable patient .

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Peers are great, but management is not

Peers are fun, very supportive and helpful. Management lacks flexibility and places a high degree of pressure to complete a workload that can’t be completed in allotted work hours. Seems that, as an employer, they engage in time theft of their employees. Don’t apply and, if you’re an employee now, run as fast and as far from this employer as possible. Not really sure who, other than management, are rating them as one of the best employers!

Pros

Friendly peers

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of appreciation, poor management culture.

I love my job enjoying it

I recommend this to everyone who loves to meet others and help elderly with dedication and commitment to their work and to keep their elderly happy, safe and comfortable.

Great company to work for,,with full benefits

Excellent company to work for,,always cheerful staff and an amazing boss,,I got hurt transfering a patient in 2006 and was not able to go back to my regular job,,Fraser Health was there for me to find another job with-in the company,,I am now a water sampler tester with the enviromental dept of fraser health working Part time..I love my new position but it doesn't feel my need for more hours..I have been a water sampler since 2008 to present..I will be coming up to my ten year mark with the company..

Pros

working independantly

Cons

not enough hours

good place to work

I learned a lot about institutional cooking as I have worked at 5 Fraser Health Care Facilities in the past 5 years. This has given me extensive knowledge of different equipment and sites. I enjoyed the challenges of preparing food for various dietary needs. I particularly like working independently and as part of a team to have meals ready for service hot and on time.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

not creative

An excellent organization to be a part of.

I work in an extremelly fast paced, high volume environment on a daily basis. As I work for 2 different departments I am always needing to switch gears and re-prioritize my day and do what is most important first. Working at FHA has provided me with many great skills, both professionally and personally. I enjoy all the people I work with and will miss the people who have been a second family to me through out my time at FHA. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help, support and listen to patients and families and provide them with resources needed to get through their illness or difficulties they are facing. I would say the hardest part of my job is to try and not be a sponge and absorb what you have heard or seen through out your day and not take it home with me. I would not be leaving FHA if I did not have to re-locate to Kamloops. I am excited for the relocation and am already in love with Kamloops.

Pros

The diversity, flexibility, my co-workers, living and working in the same community.

Cons

Not the proper workspace provided.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority