Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in New Westminster, BC

LPN position in various settings.

Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.

Pros

Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.

Cons

The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.

Great workplace.

I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.

Pros

Respect.

Cons

Hard to get onto the website from home

Unit clerk for fraserhealth

A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.

excellent place to work

Love my job at RCH, I am having a difficult time with shift work as I have two 10 year old sons that are active in sports and Im just finding myself tired from the night work. I love my job, the team work, the doctors, the work load can be a little intense at times but I really enjoy it.

fast pace professional, high demand work

It is a fast pace job with tremendous amount of pressure. It required a lot of professional skills, patients and ethics. It is rewarding because most patients appreciate our care.

Fast paced workplace

Fact paced workplace. Accountability required on all levels of organization. The employees are expected to work wit their full potential. Education and orientation offered.

In patient psychiatry

At Royal Columbian Hospital I had the opportunity to work in multiple sections of the hospital where a mental healthcare worker was needed. The culture was supportive and I really enjoyed engaging with the patients to learn their struggles and apply motivational interviewing, trauma informed practice and harm reduction strategies to the work.

A rewarding and fun work environment

I had some of my best job experiences with Fraser Health. The hospital staff were supportive and great people to work with, and made me enjoy going to work. The work was challenging, yet so rewarding, and offered so many other opportunities.

Pros

pay, coworkers, hospital staff, opportunities to learn and advance

Cons

night shifts, occasional stressful situations

So blessed to work here!

I thank God every day that I was able to get a job in FHA. The staff are wonderful, the work is always so educational. Working here was my dream come true

Pros

Staff, Work, Education, Flexibility, Hours, Benefits

Cons

Pay parking

Provides learning opportunities

The company provides ongoing learning opportunities for staff. Provides enough clinical support. Supplement employees with benefits. Assist employees with finding job in the event of displacement.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

in New Westminster, BC
See more jobs

Management/wages

FHA values their management more than their employees. Different unions pay different wages for the same type of job. One union paid me $18 where the other union paid me $21 for the same type of work.

Commitment

Fraser Health demonstrates a committment to patient care on many different levels. Co-workers are always willing to help and learn on a daily basis. Knowing I can help and the appreciation of coworkers is the most enjoyable part of the day.

Hit and miss

It's a hit and miss. Sometimes you can have a great working experience here and other times not so great. Like any place, staff members vary from friendly to unfriendly. Not as organized as other health authorities.

Fraser Health Authority

This job can be stressful on a typical day, but compassion for sick people is one of those things that keeps you going on a daily basis, seeing those patients go home feeling better is all i care about .

Maternity Leave

Queen's Park staff were lovely and FHA is a great organization with wonderful benefits. Although short lived, it was a great experiences with legalities, account management and financial reconciliations.

Health focused, but no room for advancement

This was just my practicum but from what I hear from my supervisors through Fraser Heath there are many discounts and promotions through local companies such as fitness centers to encourage a healthy lifestyle in their employees. Hospital employees are unionized so there is great job security, however there is limited control of your role in the company. As a MLA there is little room for advancement without further education. Also like any job place, especially one with a primarily female population, there is some workplace gossip/drama.

Pros

salary and benefits

Cons

little room for advancement

Excellent place to work

An excellent place to work. Excellent co-workers and fun days.

Teamwork oriented

Friendly staff in the office. Most of them are very approachable

Pros

friendly coworkers

Cons

not enough windows

Good Benefits, good team

I enjoy working with a team of friendly, hard working individuals. The job is hectic and is never complete. Management could be more flexible to create a more positive and equal working relationship I enjoy the challenge and a feeling of success when I make difficult decisions.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

little flexibility

Lucky to be employeed with Fraser Health.

I am currently still very new to Fraser Health, but my experience so far has been great. I have dealt with great people, and had amazing co-workers who have help me learn something new every day. Every day can be a struggle with trying to grasp onto the large quanities of work there is to remember, but the support is always helpful and makes each day coming to work enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement