Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Maple Ridge, BC

Faced paced, challenging environment. Excellent co workers.

I love my job. The is always something to do in an ever changing patient load. There are many great staff members at all levels and I enjoy working as part of the team

typical day at work

my typical day at work was very nice. come in to work turn on computer talk with the co workers about how there nights work stamp and separate the new faxes from the health units then enter it all into the data base. as new faxes came in you entered them as you went

Pros

amazing co workers

Cons

nothing

overall positive

Overall a nice place to work. Lots of opportunity for growth and development dependent upon your ambitions Great team work and support overall Have worked my entire nursing career with FH Provided me with a good living.

Great Place to work!

Really enjoyed working for Fraser Health Authority (FHA). I started with FHA in 2006 and enjoyed building relationships with the patients and employees. I would have stayed with the company till retirement but had to relocate to Halifax for personal reasons. Miss working for FHA often.

Pros

Team Building

Cons

Patient to Nurse ratio

Very busy

Working at the PCQO has been very educational. I'm happy to say that the team is very professional and caring. The manager is always there for you.

Pros

Great location

demanding

Caring for elderly and sick community members is demanding but rewarding. A typical day can be from bathing an elderly gentleman to taking out a young person for a walk in their wheelchair. Management is understanding but also demanding at times. Hardly see co workers as we are one on one in private homes. The hardest part of this job is leaving it at work but most enjoyable to hear someone enthusiastically say THANK YOU as you are leaving.

Good working environment.

Power Plant,operation including firing steam boiler, maintaing heating boilers,boiler water analysis,plant maintenance including fan/pump preventitive maintenance/repair/replacement.Chiller operation[up to 30 ton],chiller water tower water testing [corrosion inhibitor /biocide concentrations].I also maintain/repair all of the ice-machines in the hospital.I just passed the required certification for charging/recovering/purchasing refrigerants on oct 13 2012 @ B.C.I.T.. I also have my first year of commercial refrigeration training B.C.I.T. certificate of completion.Management/co-workers all good people. The hardest part of the job is working on equipment that there is no reference material[ maintenance manuals].Also, very little overtime.No advancement.

Pros

good working environment.

Cons

no overtime.no advancement.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority