Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Chilliwack, BC

Scope of practice

Fraser health has provided lpn's with a moderate to full scope practice and I think that is very appreciated. Lpn's are working along side rns in acute areas that further education and performance as a nurse.

Pros

Scope of practice

Cons

Long hours.

Fantastic and supportive co-workers

I worked with some very wonderful people, the staff at Chilliwack Public Health is so kind and understanding. The training was lovely and any question I had, they were always happy to help answer and explain until I understood. I really enjoyed my time working here. The job itself was challenging at times but extremely rewarding as you get to help seniors in their homes. I would definitely recommend getting into work as a healthcare worker with Fraser Health if you love helping people and want a career where you can be appreciated and advance yourself.

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great clients

Cons

Low pay

I love Fraser health

My typical day at work it’s always the unknown ... I love this about my job because I love the anticipation of what I am walking into . It could be a simple visit just to give medication or a simple safety chat or it could be walking into set mine who has overdosed and they are laying there unresponsive and I have to take action and perform CPR until paramedics arrive . All visits are different . I’ve learned to always be compassionate towards others and respect all cultures

Nurses are amazing

I had many ups and downs over the years over all it depends on who you are working with, the management, and whether or not they are supporting you or not. Very different work experiences it depends where you work.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Great job. Great people to work for. Great organization. Great structure. Too many meetings though. Many opportunities to move onto management

Awesome

Great work environment. Always felt safe on the unit. The health care staff were very kind and always took the time to teach me skills. Professional work environment.

Toxic place to work with Poor Management

I worked as a Community Health worker for 3 years.The Schedulers and office constantly phoned and pushed you to do more hours even on my days off. I was stressed to the point I had Panic attacks and was sick all the time. My supervisor made me work when I had bronchitis. the Manager also told Me that I was not suited for the healthcare field and I should change careers. When our clients passed away we were not informed. I had to care for 20-25 people in a 6 hour shift. The Best part of the job was the Patients. They always made me smile. Do not waste your time with this Company.

Pros

The Clients

Cons

Long Hours, Scheduling, Management

Job security

I loved my job if I didn't have to leave it I defiantly would not be... Job security, compassion, flexibility and multiple different positions. They are very accommodating

Fun workplace with lots of room for learning

Great Management Lots of learning You can work in all departments Compassion Team work Benefits Long hours Free lunches sometimes Opportunity to advance Tons of extra free courses to take

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Not very many casual hours

Exciting career at CGH RIH

I had a very interesting and exciting career as a nurse at CGH and RIH. The most enjoyable part of my job were my patients and met some very wonderful people over my career.Over the years nursing has become a very demanding career, as patient acuity and staff shortages have increased. As a health professional it became very difficult to tend to our patients, as we were expected to have increased patient loads and ever changing demands on our tme. This is why I took retirement as of July 2017. I miss working, so that is why I have decided to seek other opportunities, outside the hospital setting.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

in Chilliwack, BC
See more jobs

So sucks

The most unprofessional environment I have ever endured. Made the army seemed like geniuses. If you are male give this organization a pass.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and love providing care for the elderly.

I loved providing care for the elderly. They had a lot of stories to tell about the past. For most of them, we were the only people they saw. Everyone has their own personality and traditions. We were one to one with the clients -- very rarely saw co workers.

Pros

Love talking to the seniors.

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time.

rewarding

very rewarding to go home after a day of work knowing that you had made a difference in a persons life.

learning to be patient in a fast paced environment

I start work early around 7 am, beginning with bathes and showers, giving medications and personal care. Make some breakfasts for some clients, and spend some time chatting and visiting to make them feel comfortable. I often learned things about their upbringing, working with those as old as 102 and as young as 40's and learned everyone has a story. I had to take my orders from management in a direct way and learn to listen carefully. Working one on one with other workers was very important as we relied on each other to work as a team so things ran smoothly for the client. We learned to finish off what the others left for us and to be constant so were efficient. Watching people lose their loved ones, especially the spouses and children but it was worthwhile to know you'd made a good difference in caring for their loved one. Meeting new people and learning about their lives when they were young and what they contributed to our country.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Job security and hours being all over the place

Fraser Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer who provide their staff with a safe, secure and respectful workplace.

Each day is new and different at my job in health care. The challenges that are presented to me at work are usually unique and have an impact on lives in a deep and meaningful way. Some of the choices and decisions we make can mean the difference between life and death in some cases. I have learned that to be a "health care provider" takes daily sacrifice, constant reflection, collaboration and critical thinking among many other factors. Our management is professional, informed, well educated, fair minded and has a open door policy. My co-workers form a tight network of multi talented people in areas such as: social work, dietary, cleaning, recreation and music therapy, pastoral/ clergy, office work, psychology, medical science, and a host of others. We all have the common goal in extended care of ensuring our clients/residents a safe and secure environment to live in dignity and comfort as they sojourn in their final journey of life. Our objective is comfort. As opposed to the fast paced acute care setting where our goal is to give the patient the best quality care in the most professional and proficient manner possible. Our overall objective is to promote health and wellness in all areas of health care.The most difficult part of being a nurse is saying goodbye to people we care for. It's also about seeing how fragile and valuable life and our bodies really are. The best part of my job are the close relationships that are formed under these extreme conditions where life is laid bare and emotions are often raw, where life is real.

Pros

great wage and benefits with a pension.

Cons

long shifts with physical and mental exhaustion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement