Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

The workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work in many different areas, if you realize one area does not suit your goals then you can move to a different area fairly easily.

Toxic, inhumane, and egotistical leadership culture

What an emotionally sickening experience as a manager at Fraser Health. Allegiances, and blind-loyalty seemed more important to my director than patient care or promoting respectful work environments. I was expected to spread rumours and encourage my staff to bully a new employee who had filed a complaint at another hospital. My kindness was viewed as weakness and I myself was shunned and bullied by the other managers for refusing to partake.

Busy environment as it is healthcare.

Busy environment as it is healthcare. Reporting to the VP office and the Ministry of Health. Office team environment and space taught me a great deal about interacting in a small work place.

Busy environment but supportive leadership

I’ve worked with some great nurses, PCCs and health care teams in general. Most of the hospitalists at Burnaby General Hospital are very approachable and respect nurses. I had a very supportive manager which made a great difference despite the heavy patient load.

Great people to work with.

Great people to work with but when new directors and execuctives are hired they make changes that impact other people jobs. Reorganization is a horrible change.

Pros

Christmas breakfast

Cons

Threat of strike when contracts are up

Great workplace with a lot of collaboration

Great way to engage and be apart of an organization that innovates and supports health care for BC Residents. Excellent challenging and environment. Great to work with people who are willing to work with you.

Worst Management ever!

The MDR Management group are lacking in the understanding of the role, if you work hard they make you work harder, if you work less you somehow get away with it?

Family oriented work space

Working within Fraserhealth is definitely great. All the employees are so welcoming and are all team players. Management is great and are open to concerns and discussing different opportunities.

Amazing staff and management. Worked at Burnaby hospital. Fast paced environment with many tasks to be completed. Efficient and helpful team players to help get it all done.

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

in Burnaby, BC
See more jobs

Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes

Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes. Respiratory therapists work in a team environment where management is supportive and responsive to patient needs.

Pros

comprehensive benefits package

Cons

15 to 20% underpaid compared to comparable professions

Working with all the excellent staff and frail patients at BGH is a joy and a privilege

Over the last 16 years, my learning curve has gone up steadily, thanks to the many departments, calling on my services. Leaving work behind, is the hardest part of this kind of work.

Overall some places are great

I enjoy Burnaby hospital much more than Surrey memorial hospital. The staff are much more friendlier and it's very casual. Central city in Surrey can be mixed depending on the boss as its a mix of north, east and south regions during the amalgamation a few years back. However whatever job you do you're expected tp perform and do well. If you don't, other staff members will have to pick up the slack and it makes for a resentful environment. You're expected to learn continuously and not be lazy, be proactive and engaged.

Pros

Free lunches once in a while

Cons

Pay could be better for clerical staff who work hard to support and are the face of fha

A small workplace but happy working conditions, good environment and steady.

What you would expect from a government-type position - great working hours with some flexibility, a good pace without impossible deadlines, opportunities to learn and flex creative muscles.

Pros

9-5 without phone calls/emails at home, good compensation.

Cons

Reluctant to give salary/permanent status due to government benefits.

Health Authority

Fraser Health offers a supportive environment that helps you thrive professionally with: Sponsorship of formal education Development programs designed to foster leadership across all professions along with annual performance goal setting and evaluation A values-based culture that encourages employee recognition and respect in the workplace A focus on employee health and safety with ergonomic workplaces, safety equipment, flu immunization, health fairs, and PEARS return to work program Multifaceted communications systems and feedback opportunities

Fast paced environment and working with a great team makes this position very enjoyable

Arrived ahead of time to set up the clinic Check your messages and emails Answering the phones and transfer to the right department or person Prepared patient before seeing the doctor by completing paperwork Rebook patient as per doctor's request Book any special appointments needed for patients as per Doctor's request Data entry, mail sorting, making and pulling charts Booking meetings Retrieve bloodwork results and file in the right chart Working with different programs It was a very interesting job which needs to be done as a team as its a very busy enviroment when you work in a hospital Hardest part will be when we were short stuff as you have to keep the save level of service to the patients The best part of the job was to see patients getting better and go on with their lifes after recovery

Health Care Assistant

Visting client house, bathing, administer medication and inhalers, supositories. Meal preparation for client. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients with superior quality of life. My coworker are very nice people.

Awesome Place to Work

A great place to work. Everyone are very helpful. We have a very kind Management. Fast-paced working place we cant even notice the time.

A great place to work.

Great co-workers and management. A typical day at work involves all nursing duties including dealing with patients and families. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with dying pt. and their families afterwards.

Pros

Workin with different people each day

Cons

Evening/ night/ weekend shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement